Why does playing a Jugg feel so bad

jinfire

Before the L2P insults, if I really am doing it wrong, help me or give me testimonials of your successes. Ive played everything but a Powertech and an Operative. All to various levels, and Juggernauts seem the worse. Im level 18 I feel like I hit like a wet noodle, its so hard for me to stay alive, and compared to marauder it just sucks. Im vengeance spec, not that it matters atm but at level 15 my marauder felt awesome, my sniper felt great at level 20. By how they feel I mean how they well they accomplish what they are suppose to do.

Does it get better? What can I do to help? What am I suppose to do? Do Dps Juggs exist?

This is mainly pvp talk, pve at this level is fine.

Jugg is a late bloomer and starts to get better at higher levels. Once you get force choke and force push things start to feel a little better. You should start doing better the higher level you are until you hit 50 - then you need to get some decent gear to be effective again.

If you go the tank gear route get used to hitting like a wet noodle though. That is why most people opt for DPS gear even if they are tank spec/soresu. As a tank your job will be to guard healers and taunt dps and to generally be an annoyance to others (cc, slows etc). You can DPS but it will be very gear dependant. Vengeance is all about steady dps with decent survivability and rage is all about burst damage (with smash).

thanks for the feedback, what is the usual vengeance spec?

For PvE, the Vengeance spec is usually non-existent, seeing as Juggs have almost the lowest DPS of any class when in DPS spec. 99% of all Juggs are tanks.

For PvE, the Vengeance spec is usually non-existent, seeing as Juggs have almost the lowest DPS of any class when in DPS spec.

Can you confirm this with actual parses of Veng Juggs vs. the DPS specs of other classes? Or is this merely popular parroted ignorance?

Edited by Dharnell

Can you confirm this with actual parses of Veng Juggs vs. the DPS specs of other classes? Or is this merely popular parroted ignorance?

Properly geared and played Vengeace Juggernauts are within the 5%. I should say that as of yesterday that was true. Post 1.3, we'll have to see how everything shakes out with all of the changes.

I could sustain ~1200 in half Columi, and I'm not even that great at dps. I am sure a better dps player could get another 100 or so dps out of my character.

The main problem with Juggernaut (read: melee) dps is uptime. Ranged classes just have this easier by default, so some consider melee (read: non-Mara/Sent) dps to be bad. It's not true, but it does require a better cut of player to maximize the dps.

Riôt

Yes, we've brought Juggs before, and the only thing worse was Op DPS.

Yes, we've brought Juggs before, and the only thing worse was Op DPS.

I dont really get comments like this, Ops in PvP are great and amazing, stealth, some range, they can burst and really mess things up. In PvE raids I dont think it really matters cause like, this content isnt hard and Ops Dps isnt worse then say a healer or a tank.

Jugg DPS here.

Vengence Spec. So i must be the 1% that exists. Can honestly say their DPS seems on Par to the others. According to one of our guildies battle log anyway. I have a Marauarder in my guild, now we are both full rakata/black hole comms etc and i out dps him as vengence spec.

Vengence your looking at more DOT and buffs to your melee attacks. (Shien Form)

Wait to you hit 50 you might enjoy it more. Your level 18 you will have 1 companion? Yet you comment your sniper was good at 20. Maybe wait till you get next comp in who is a healer then you might survive more.

Edited by Xevista

I'm one of those that dislikes marauder/sentinel game play, I think it absolutely sucks, especially at low level. You die much faster than a juggernaut, you may and should hit harder, but that doesn't help you if you get hit harder as well (medium vrs heavy armor). But they are right, until lvl 26, the juggernaut is less fun. At level 26 (I think), you get force push. This is where it starts to really rock imo.

force push is the reason I love juggernaut more than the marauder. That and the fact that Marauder is OP (high level) and FOTM and I dont play classes like that. that said, I have a 41 sentinel, since I didn't wanna judge the play style without trying it.

lvl 32 I think, you get force choke (as do marauders), after that, it starts to really be fun, pushing and choking things. This is where the rage tree shines.

The day before the 1.3 I put out a 7.9k smash, that being said when u are in WH gear rage juggs crush everything in his path!.. Vengeance specc is still nice played it alot before I've changed to rage, but as a DPS i just feel like the big burst of rage is more useful.. If u go rage specc u have a harder smash than maras when they are rage specc and much more utility leaps, push and taunts and still be able to switch to tank stance to guard a healer wich are better for the team .. with the right player and gear juggs can dominate the battlefield =)

I have a rage jugg, @ lvl 24, just got force choke. I feel the same way, and after talking to a couple guild mates, hang in there. It does get better and force push, charge and obliterate are coming in the next few levels. Those combinations and force choke look to be a lot of fun. For me I don't really care that I'm top of any charts, as long as I can enjoy the gameplay. Supposedly things get markedly better late 30s to early 40s. Hope this helps and good luck.

I have a rage jugg, @ lvl 24, just got force choke. I feel the same way, and after talking to a couple guild mates, hang in there. It does get better and force push, charge and obliterate are coming in the next few levels. Those combinations and force choke look to be a lot of fun. For me I don't really care that I'm top of any charts, as long as I can enjoy the gameplay. Supposedly things get markedly better late 30s to early 40s. Hope this helps and good luck.

Don't forget at level 30, when you can get an ability like Backhand or Impale. :)

I hated jugg until level 40 then it was ok. At level 50 it gets pretty sick lol having force charge and intercede is awesome. Besides if youre a jugg just there to crunch out dps numbers youre not going to do better than you should. Get those protection points as much as possible too :). taunt taunt taunt! Especially if youre not running soersu :)

I've leveled my Jugg to 50 and also have a Guardian at level 50. Here's the best advice I can give you about leveling:

A Jugg using standard gear will feel weak and feel sucky from 1-40.

A Jugg fully geared in flashpoint gear, purple mods, or higher will feel like a killing machine.

The first time I leveled my guardian, I did so with my wife (healer) so it didn't feel it to be slow. The 2nd time I level my Jugg I did so using a level 50 to gear me up in flashpoints. Again with the right overleveled gear you will be a power house killing machine, stopping very rarely between mobs.

Grab some guildies or friends and have them run you through Hammer station, Athiss, and Mando raiders for some gear. That should get you to the mid 30's using very good gear over your level. Then use your commendations you get from quests on the planets to keep those orange modables up to date. You will be 50 in no time.

I've leveled my Jugg to 50 and also have a Guardian at level 50. Here's the best advice I can give you about leveling:

A Jugg using standard gear will feel weak and feel sucky from 1-40.

A Jugg fully geared in flashpoint gear, purple mods, or higher will feel like a killing machine.

The first time I leveled my guardian, I did so with my wife (healer) so it didn't feel it to be slow. The 2nd time I level my Jugg I did so using a level 50 to gear me up in flashpoints. Again with the right overleveled gear you will be a power house killing machine, stopping very rarely between mobs.

Grab some guildies or friends and have them run you through Hammer station, Athiss, and Mando raiders for some gear. That should get you to the mid 30's using very good gear over your level. Then use your commendations you get from quests on the planets to keep those orange modables up to date. You will be 50 in no time.

Well, from experience, that has a possibility, but the commendations that you are given via quests on the planets are not enough to keep your gear fully modded...it really isn't.

each orange piece of gear requires a total of 11 commendations to keep up to date, so if you was fully kitted out in orange gear, say from your legacy vendor that would make it so you have 8 moddable pieces to keep updated....that means you will need 88 commendations, quite hefty. eh?

So, unless you have a very helpful friend that loves to craft, its quite impossible to stay fully modded, the only way i can see you getting enough commendations on EVERY single planet to keep your mods fully updated is to somehow have access to a artificer and a cybertech crafter to craft your hilts, color crystals and armorings, the rest can be easily gained via commendations costing 4 commendations per item moddable.

I'm the same level range and Vengeance as well and I feel the same. Seems to tip over easy and can't really do anything but slllooowly whittle someone down. Good to know they get more usefull.

Before the L2P insults, if I really am doing it wrong, help me or give me testimonials of your successes. Ive played everything but a Powertech and an Operative. All to various levels, and Juggernauts seem the worse. Im level 18 I feel like I hit like a wet noodle, its so hard for me to stay alive, and compared to marauder it just sucks. Im vengeance spec, not that it matters atm but at level 15 my marauder felt awesome, my sniper felt great at level 20. By how they feel I mean how they well they accomplish what they are suppose to do.

Does it get better? What can I do to help? What am I suppose to do? Do Dps Juggs exist?

This is mainly pvp talk, pve at this level is fine.

yeah man juggs have to wait a while It gets a bit bitter when your in your early 30's youll have impale...and the talent that increases the crit chance of force scream...stack those two up with ravage and you got some pretty nasty burst...but even then execute doesnt come till the very end . Rest assured though Vengeance juggs are very viable im my opinion in both pve and pvp, they have great damage and great utility

Well, from experience, that has a possibility, but the commendations that you are given via quests on the planets are not enough to keep your gear fully modded...it really isn't.

each orange piece of gear requires a total of 11 commendations to keep up to date, so if you was fully kitted out in orange gear, say from your legacy vendor that would make it so you have 8 moddable pieces to keep updated....that means you will need 88 commendations, quite hefty. eh?

Dunno bout you but some of the soloable quests give you that much needed 7 commendations piece. For example your weapon needs a new hilt to effect it's main damage. Per planet you will see one sometimes 2 hilts given to you for your class specific needs. It's either that or take the 3 commendations alternative. 7 vs 3, take the hilt.

You mainly just need to upgrade your hilt or main armor piece to keep current. Armor pieces also are gotten from quests on the planet as well. The only things I actually used my commendations on were mods and enhancement pieces which are super cheap at 2 per piece. I actually had enough comms to get some better looking orange pieces depending on the planet.

Feeling exactly the same. I currently have a lvl 27 gaurdian and so far it's the most frustrating/underpowered class i played.

Mostly i leap towards somebody that's alone from the group, or picking up on our healer and try to get him down.

The reality is however that i die very fast, even faster then my commando/operative, while dishing out extremely low dmg.

I tried going in defensive form, then maybe i survive 1 more attack but in the end my dps becomes non-existant, while i only have 1 defensive cooldown which is on a 2 min timer.

The funny thing is, the assasins, who are also a "tank"class just totaly overrun me.