Level 50 credit box tomorrow?

Slamuel

I have been hearing that new level 50s will receive a huge credit case starting tomorrow with 1.3, with enough credits to buy full recruit. Is this true, and will people already 50 get it? I turned 50 3-4 days ago and would really like those credits, as I also have a ton of abilities to buy. And yes, I have started the dailies.

Thanks for the help.

On the PTS at level 50 new or and old crust 50 you get a quest from the PvP terminal that gives you a choice of token (vendors for 320k credits) or set of Recruit gear. I hope they removed the credit token. Worse idea EVER!!!

You know, It does seem like a bad idea, however, I still hunger for all those creds......

I'm all for giving people free recruit gear. Best move I've seen. Giving player the choice credits or gear with new credit sink people are going to take the credits and run. Drag down PvP.

I already bought my pvp recruit gear a while ago I'll take the cash thanks lol put it towards a depolyable repair droid :p

I hope the token is there tomorrow. I've bought 4 complete sets of recruit gear for my 4 lvl 50s and would be a bit upset if they started giving away recruit gear for free without any sort of reimbursement to those responsible enough to have bought earlier.

As far as people taking the money and going into pvp in green lvl 40 gear...well that is going to happen either way.

You can only lead a horse to water so to say...

With the huge credit sinks entombed in the legacy system, this little windfall many expect to see certainly won't destroy the economy.

On the PTS at level 50 new or and old crust 50 you get a quest from the PvP terminal that gives you a choice of token (vendors for 320k credits) or set of Recruit gear. I hope they removed the credit token. Worse idea EVER!!!

Eff that. I would like to get my money back from the recruit gear I bought.

So let me get this straight, if you bought a Bluray player for $600.00 and then six months latter it was reduced to $350 would you return to the store and demand you be refunded $250.

If the answer is NO, then what make you think that you deserve your money back in this instance?

So let me get this straight, if you bought a Bluray player for $600.00 and then six months latter it was reduced to $350 would you return to the store and demand you be refunded $250.

If the answer is NO, then what make you think that you deserve your money back in this instance?

Doesn't matter whether I deserve it or not. They are offering to reimburse us for spending the credits on something they are offering for free (free as in no credits changing hands), then yes. I will gladly take it with a smile and go about my business.

Noone is saying "we deserve it", but it seems fair to me. People dumped credits to buy gear that is going to be given away for free. BW decided to give the option for credits if you don't need the gear. I don't see an earthshattering problem.

Player "A" chooses 320k of gear, player "B" chooses 320k credits. What's the problem here? How is this unfair in any way?

And...we aren't talking about real money/product here. It's game credits. As in fictional currency.

They gave us a BOX full of Recruit PvP gear on Test Server, and we could just sell the box for credits if we wanted.

I don't know if they will give it to us on Live tomorrow.

I believe they did this, so that new players or returning players have a chance in Rated Warzones (that comes out tomorrow too). It's a good idea because the gear dispairty is huge, and those who stuck around will have the advantage and steam roll everyone not in recruit gear.

Edited by wutru

Then just sell the box if you already have the recruit gear. Oh i get it, you just want to be greedy with even more credits.

Several people have already responded but I'ma pile on anyways.

What makes you think your analogy is anywhere near accurate in relation to recruit gear and the token?

The answer is...it's not.

The person you quoted wasn't demanding anything. The person you quoted was responding to someone saying the token was a bad idea.

Bioware is offering a full set of recruit gear OR the token, to all lvl 50's, even you.

They gave us a BOX full of Recruit PvP gear on Test Server, and we could just sell the box for credits if we wanted.

I don't know if they will give it to us on Live tomorrow.

I believe they did this, so that new players or returning players have a chance in Rated Warzones (that comes out tomorrow too). It's a good idea because the gear dispairty is huge, and those who stuck around will have the advantage and steam roll everyone not in recruit gear.

If it was done simply to level the playing field for pvp, it seems unlikely they would have included the token option on the test server.

Then just sell the box if you already have the recruit gear. Oh i get it, you just want to be greedy with even more credits.

Everyone gets the same two options with the quest, a full set of recruit gear or a token that can be sold to a vendor that happens to equal the amount of a full set of recruit gear.

What part of choosing between the box of gear OR the token are you not understanding? What part of you can't have/get both are you not understanding? Btw, the person you quoted wasn't saying that he wanted both, not even close.

there are far to many currencies in this game. each planet has a token, rated, norm comms, credits etc.... why can't they just move to one or two types of freaking currencies. why do we not have a coin of the realm

there are far to many currencies in this game. each planet has a token, rated, norm comms, credits etc.... why can't they just move to one or two types of freaking currencies. why do we not have a coin of the realm

It's really not that difficult to understand them all. It's already much easier to understand than it was before they got rid of Centurion and Champion gear.

It's really not that difficult to understand them all. It's already much easier to understand than it was before they got rid of Centurion and Champion gear.

Ohh, that still ruffles a bit. All those cent and champ tokens I still have...:(

In beta you could convert lower level currency to the next tier. They took this out, because players could farm the lower level content easier and just convert the currency. That is why every world has a different currency. t's not all that confusing as it does have the planets name. What they should work toward is getting all the daily comms into one form of currency and be done with it. Old content could just give fewer comms.

Edited by dalin