I just hit 50 a few days ago...

Galbatorrix

And I'm not really sure how to best progress. Should I farm daily comms from daily quests (and non-heroic FPs starting in 1.3) until I have a certain type of gear, and then farm heroic FPs/black hole dailies once that's done? I only ask because some people in game have told me to go straight into Heroic flashpoints and I really don't want to burden a group. Is there a good guide to the end game progression in this game? Edited by Galbatorrix

Farm the dailies till you have enough comms to buy your relic at least, this also will give you some higher mods from the heroic 2's. You can probably do HM BT without a problem but some the HM Fp's can be a little tough. Storymode EV/KP are designed for fresh 50's so you can also upgrade your gear there too. As for a good guild, I'm sure there are multiply good guilds on your server just have to do some research, ask friends etc. Edited by Callianna
spelling

For a good guild, you have to look on your specific server. Asking on the General boards is inappropriate and unlikely to get you a truthful response.

Once you find your guild, ask them how to proceed. Many guilds have a system in place for gearing their new 50s quickly.

If you do the normal dailies for a week you'll have like 1.5 million credits and enough daily comms to buy an epic hilt/blaster plus all the armorings you need. If you do the 2man heroics every day you'll get the mods/enhancements.

Use the credits you get to buy augmented moddable armor/weapon of your choosing.

Buy the renown belt/bracers from the legacy vendor on Dromund Kaas/Coruscant (normally cheaper than the GTN alternatives)

Buy a couple blue/purple quality level 49 augments.

Buy implants/an earpiece at your discretion. You can get rakata for a couple hundred thousand or you can go with something like a 49 purple with an augment slot for a tenth of the price. Up to you.

Buy a 41 stat crystal (blue/red are generally pretty cheap--40-50kish)

--Fill aforementioned up with all the armorings/mods/enhancements/augments/crystal

Buy the power champion relic from the PvP vendor

Farm up your matrix shard relic relevant to your class.

Voila. You're now pretty geared for pretty minimal effort and shouldn't feel any shame in doing EV/KP at this point.

Edited by Marak

Run your dailies and use the comms to buy mark 23 armorings and hilts/barrels (8 commendations per). You can get mark 22 mods and enhancements (and armorings, but they're inferior to the ones you buy) from the daily heroic 2s on Ilum and Belsavis. Once you've saved up enough commendations, get your Rakata implants and earpiece (this last is optional but recommended as far as running HMs go).

Once you've got all your gear at purple-grade level 49/50, you should be ready to start running hardmode flashpoints and storymode operations.

Farm the dailies till you have enough comms to buy your relic at least, this also will give you some higher mods from the heroic 2's. You can probably do HM BT without a problem but some the HM Fp's can be a little tough. Storymode EV/KP are designed for fresh 50's so you can also upgrade your gear there too. As for a good guild, I'm sure there are multiply good guilds on your server just have to do some research, ask friends etc.

Sorry, I meant guide and not guild. :D

Also, the story mode Ops are easier than HM FPs? That's kind of an odd setup. It seems like it would go... SM FPs < HM FPs < SM tier 1 Ops < HM tier 1 Ops = LI < NM tier 1 Ops = SM EC < HM EC. Maybe I'm just too used to WOW's version of end game. :)

Thanks for the responses! I have a starting point now, so thanks for that!

It's actually a little more daunting in this game because there's no limitations to what you can "try" to do. In WOW, you couldn't progress until you reached a certain gear level. So, it was easy to know whether or not you're ready to move on.

@Galbatorrix:

Thanks for posting this thread. I am also curious about the "end game progression".

I hope this thread stays open and others contribute to the thread. If anyone has any "links" to SWTOR end game progression please post them here in this thread.

:)

@Galbatorrix:

Thanks for posting this thread. I am also curious about the "end game progression".

I hope this thread stays open and others contribute to the thread. If anyone has any "links" to SWTOR end game progression please post them here in this thread.

:)

I googled for an endgame guide and didn't really come up with much. I'm glad that 1.3's group finder will give you daily comms for completing flashpoints. The dailies on Ilum seemed to take forever and I'm sorry, I just don't have the time to play 5 or 6 hours a day doing all of the dailies...

Speaking of dailies, does anyone have some sort of guide on doing them fast and efficiently?

Edited by Galbatorrix

Anyone have a gear grind progression for a "New" Level 50, as in post act 3, finished Corellia (main story), and just recieved the quest to go to the fleet to eventually go to Illum?

What are your thoughts on how you tackle a play session at the end game to prepare for Raids and PvP.

I know there are probably as many ways of going about this as there are players but, I am honnestly interested in seeing how others tackled being a "New" Level 50.

Anyone have a gear grind progression for a "New" Level 50, as in post act 3, finished Corellia (main story), and just recieved the quest to go to the fleet to eventually go to Illum?

What are your thoughts on how you tackle a play session at the end game to prepare for Raids and PvP.

I know there are probably as many ways of going about this as there are players but, I am honnestly interested in seeing how others tackled being a "New" Level 50.

Since making this thread, I've been running dailies on Ilum for Daily comms and also getting Daily comms from doing the SM FP LFG. I've bought 4 or 5 armor mods and a new barrel with the comms and my HP and other tank stats have went up quite a bit (HP wise, I went from 14K buffed to about 16400 buffed right now). I still have a couple more armor mods to get and then I guess it's the long grind for a Rakata ear piece and implant (I already have one implant that I got as a drop in D7). I'm still not sure if I'm being optimal, but I am having fun. :)

I know I could also run dailies on Belsavis, but tbh, I just haven't had the time. I think I need one more enhancement from the Ilum heroic 2 and then I'll likely just switch to the Belsavis dailies so I can get the stuff from the heroic dailies there. I'm hoping for some good mod rewards.

Edited by Galbatorrix

Since making this thread, I've been running dailies on Ilum for Daily comms and also getting Daily comms from doing the SM FP LFG. I've bought 4 or 5 armor mods and a new barrel with the comms and my HP and other tank stats have went up quite a bit (HP wise, I went from 14K buffed to about 16400 buffed right now). I still have a couple more armor mods to get and then I guess it's the long grind for a Rakata ear piece and implant (I already have one implant that I got as a drop in D7). I'm still not sure if I'm being optimal, but I am having fun. :)

I know I could also run dailies on Belsavis, but tbh, I just haven't had the time. I think I need one more enhancement from the Ilum heroic 2 and then I'll likely just switch to the Belsavis dailies so I can get the stuff from the heroic dailies there. I'm hoping for some good mod rewards.

I think after we figure it out we will prolly have to write a guide and post it in the help forums since noone else is being forth coming. :D

personally, i would farm the daily comms for the campaign relic and rakata ear/implant. Spending daily comms on armor/hilts/barrels is ok, but you will find that you will replace those quickly with set gear, and still use your campaign relic and rakata ear for a lot longer.

The dailies don't take that long at all quite honestly. A couple of hours max and that is if you solo everything. I normally run Belsalvis first because those take the longest. The Lesson Learned can be solo'd if your healer has decent gear and you have some sort of CC for the elite. I don't go past the Champ, you leave, reset the instance and rinse and repeat until you have freed all of the scientists etc. Open Comm and also be 'solo'd' if you don't mind a corpse run or two. (Bioware don't you dare mess these up now. just because i'm being nice and trying to help someone. )

The Ilum one take a bit of time, but most of that is the travel to get to the darn places because they are so spread out. Darkness again can be solo'd if you have a decent healer companion and a CC.

The Corellia ones are the fastest except for the Heroic 4. That one you have to have a group. If you are a healer with decent gear and have a Sentinel friend with decent gear it can be two manned using your CC's. One person needs their healer out and the other needs a decently geared DPS companion to help out. As a healer I help DPS and throw in heals when necessary.

I normally try to do mine before I go to work because less people are up and about so it isn't such a fight for the resources. I have found out that since the transfers my ignore list is growing exponentially due to the *** hats who will come in and steal a resource as you are fighting. (BW you REALLY NEED TO FIX THIS).. The resource needs to be tied to the mob.

Also it is a nice bit of cash for doing the dailies.. If you don't have a lot of time I would concentrate on the Corellia ones minus the heroic. They take the least amount of time as long as there isn't a lot of people there, and have the fastest return on the earned credit..

Edited by Tahana