Terrible FPS issues and ability lag in Warzones.

zStyLezZxx

Please, if you are having the same problem I am having, post your issues here.

The game seems laggy at Ilum when defending southern outpost from imperials. It is jerky and reminds me of Dark Age of Camelot's graphics issues, but facing away from the enemies (which improved performance in DAoC) doesn't make the client any smoother.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been playing this game since launch on my ASUS Laptop with absolutely no lag what so ever. And then as if overnight WZs are so laggy they are unplayable, and Ilum performs like an unexpected abortion. I was on with customer service via live chat for hours yesterday with no solution in site. It can't be all these people's PCs. Mine was fine until yesterday and now everything you guys have described is happening to me. I hope they fix it soon because I will let my sub expire since I can't no longer get my gear or participate in operations. Please BW if you care at all at least let is know you're aware of it and are trying to find the root cause. We understand it won't be over night.

I hope whatever is causing this problem is fixed with tonight's maintenance. I haven't had any problems worth complaining about while running ToR until last night. I probably queued at least a dozen wzs yesterday, but the last two were so laggy it was literally unplayable (as in you'd cap a turret, and 30 seconds later you hear the wz narrator say you'd capped a turret).

I thought it might be my computer due for some cleaning, or possibly the quality service of Mediacom reminding me that I pay way to much for "high speed" internet, but the lag is only present in wzs, and remains today after having exhausted every option to improve performance.

I feel bad for the people who have been experiencing this kind of garbage since December, because it is frustrating as all hell.

I think that most of the fps issues, come from "bad" processors. (Even if these "bads" processors, shouldn't have problems at all with this engine)

I have:

core 2 E2180 3.0 Ghz

Ati 6850

I have 15+ fps in Warzone playing at 1920x1080.

At 1024x768 I still have 15+ Fps (graphic options don't really change anything)

>> Then I tried with an Ati X1300 (yes, an ati X1300, you read it right)

I had 15-18 fps at 1024x768

My friends with lower Graphic cards, but better CPU (like i5), don't have any problems (or, at least, less than me).

this is unreal, i got a graphic card: gforce GTX 560 ti.

system: i got a AMD phenom 9750 quad core processor 2.41 GHZ

8.00 gb ram 64 bit

i cant play for **** in pvp 2/3 sec delay on everything i do.

i lag my way true the intire bg.makes me so angry.....

do i need to update my pc here again??

a replay would be nice plz thank you.

I have the EXACT same spec and the EXACT same problems. My comp is a beast and it cant handle this game.

I think that most of the fps issues, come from "bad" processors. (Even if these "bads" processors, shouldn't have problems at all with this engine)

I have:

core 2 E2180 3.0 Ghz

Ati 6850

I have 15+ fps in Warzone playing at 1920x1080.

At 1024x768 I still have 15+ Fps (graphic options don't really change anything)

>> Then I tried with an Ati X1300 (yes, an ati X1300, you read it right)

I had 15-18 fps at 1024x768

My friends with lower Graphic cards, but better CPU (like i5), don't have any problems (or, at least, less than me).

Nup, the engine sucks.

I lag everywhere i go constantly..low Fps everywhere i go. really gettin sick of the lag

Same. I'm on a great computer - Overclocked Windows 7 Nvidia GeForce GTX295, i7 with 12GB RAM. No matter what I do to the graphics, game settings and so on, it lags horribly in Warzones. I really can't play them more than a minute before wanting to take a hammer to my computer. I'm down to below 10 FPS in Warzones.

PLEASE FIX THIS! PvP is such a huge asset to the game and I'm frustrated to the point where I'm contemplating whether to discontinue my subscription and support of the game.

Here's my 'can you run it' for this game: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/analysis.aspx?name=Star-Wars:-The-Old-Republic&id=11174&session=7a456d69-8ca5-40f4-bdde-77dc14ef4357

My computer isn't the greatest ever. I don't mind that I lag in the Fleet, I care that I'm getting 15-20 fps in Warzones, and even less in Ilum.

I play Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, and Skyrim on high - ultra settings (mix and match for optimal preferred performance.

I start a new character in SWTOR and I can run the game SMOOTHLY with all settings on high. I can run the game SMOOTHLY on high settings in Flashpoints and the open world with what I consider to be a respectable and PLAYABLE framerate 45-60s. When I go into warzones though, I go down to 10-20 range. Even when I set everything to low, and even reboot my PC, I'm still getting 10-20. I even lowered to the minimum resolution and still crap.

I'm going to the store now to purchase an ATI card to swap out with my Nvidia to see if it helps. If not I'll just return the card.

Two issues I have seen in the last two days:

"Ghosting" -- Players flickering in and out of visibility (yes I know how vanish type abilities work). Not frequent but the most simple excuse is lag or lag switching. Not frequent but happened quite a bit yesterday afternoon.

Server lag -- Might be my ISP but have had sever issues with lag and disconnects while web browsing or Netflix connectivity have been 100% fine. Part of this IS my ISP but my Netflix and SWTOR going down simultaneously is far more rare than just losing SWTOR.

How about this?

Intel Core i7-2620M 2.70 GHZ (4 CPUs)

8192 MB DDR3 Ram

2 GB Geforce GT 540M

Directx 11

Thats my dxdiag

I don't think its a low system to play swtor, considering I play all games on full settings

And having weird fps drops while walking, doesnt matter if its 1366x768 high settings, or 800x600 low settings tried everything.

And Bioware doesnt seem to have a solution, nor they admit their guilt, I assume they are too busy dealing with Mass Effect 3 instead of caring about problems of some paid members.

Thank you for posting this. Ive had horrible gamebreaking want to shove my mouse through my screen warzone lag ever since the patch last week. Actually lag isnt even the word for it. All action on screen freezing for upwards of 10-30 seconds. Attacking an enemy then lagging out. Fifteen seconds later everyone unfreezes and im dead. Go to hit the respawn button and even that is unresponsive for several seconds. What a pile of crap.

Just like everyone else here i have an above average rig and have no problems anywhere else in the game. Additionally this is one of the buggiest games ive played in awhile. All in all a real letdown.

Guild wars 2 and real pvp anyone?

Edited by maticlandarr

I have it too.. It's been worse since the last patch. It's feels like it's a caching issue, as it's worse the first warzone of each type I load into, but progressivly gets better the more I play.

It was so bad in my first huttball match the other day, it turned into a slideshow :eek:.

Also related to the HDD too I believe: my friend who has an SSD, experiences non of these issues.

used to have bad fps issues in fleet and wz. Ordered a new pc from cyberpower pc... took a month to get here but now theres 60+ fps in all WZs and 100 in fleet. Dont know if its cos of the people leaving the server and the game or my shiny new pc, but it runs like a dream now.

I5 2500k 3.4Ghz, OCed to 4.4

Liquid cooling

16 Gb kingston Hyper X RAM

GTX560 ti

2x120 Gb SSD Drives (in RAID 0)

second to last NVIDIA Drivers, the newest ones were lousy for this game. I rolled back the drivers and fps doubled! Also I run on max settings except Anti Aliasing is off. Which really helps.

Edited by Gnarl

used to have bad fps issues in fleet and wz. Ordered a new pc from cyberpower pc... took a month to get here but now theres 60+ fps in all WZs and 100 in fleet. Dont know if its cos of the people leaving the server and the game or my shiny new pc, but it runs like a dream now.

*** 2x120 Gb SSD Drives (in RAID 0) ***

second to last NVIDIA Drivers, the newest ones were lousy for this game. I rolled back the drivers and fps doubled! Also I run on max settings except Anti Aliasing is off. Which really helps.

I do believe it's the SSD's that are paying the dividends here for you. Even 1 SSD would work wonders.. A shame it's realtively new tech in it's current form and still somewhat pricey.

I've heard of a similar specc'd PC with no SSD, and they experience fps lag too.

When it happens on my PC, the HDD light is solid.

I get about 50ms ping max, 30ish fps on a system that would be rated as 'low end' - My processer doesent meet reccomended spec, and my graphics card is a gt550 nvidia that I grabbed from a clerarance bin almost 3 years ago. And I dont play on max settings minus bloom.

My computer runs this game better then it ran World of Warcrap.

well on my old machine which was a dinosaur, just doing the graphics driver rollback and turning off bloom and shadows and AA gave me playable conditions in WZ and just a tiny bit of lag when I went to fleet.

I would suggest creating a RAM Drive like I saw in another thread, or possibly in this thread but there are waaaay too many posts to look through.

At least try rolling back your drivers. Worked wonders for me on my low end PC before I upgraded.

High end computer in 2006; but I have run every game, including Age of Conan, without FPS issues. I play this game fine except Ilum (3-5 fps). So I stand on the outskirts of the Ops group, get my coms and leave. I think Ilum would be fun but not in its current laggy state.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.