Off-hand Pyro PT (PvP)

TapSumBatt

Ion is not a requirement for it, it does boost your shield chance by quite a lot though.

In combustible with shield generator you get like 5% shield chance and 20% absorb, whilst sacrificing offensive stats and quite a lot of tech power.

If you're Pyro, offense is always the best defense.

to above: the war hero one is better. the aim difference is minimal, but its higher surge, tech pwr, and much higher expertise (you absolutely want over 1200). It ends up being absolutely a damage gain vs players.

i use the eliminator one btw.

Edited by ShiroRX

If you're Pyro, offense is always the best defense.

to above: the war hero one is better. the aim difference is minimal, but its higher power, surge, tech pwr, and much higher expertise (you absolutely want over 1200). It ends up being absolutely a damage gain vs players.

i already have 1200+ i have a question tho.

with wh everything but with power in every piece.

is there a damage difference =>< if i chose BM over WH offhand. and by that i mean the 33 power loss for exp

like 33 power comes to a few points in dps

how much does teh exp come to?

i already have 1200+ i have a question tho.

with wh everything but with power in every piece.

is there a damage difference =>< if i chose BM over WH offhand. and by that i mean the 33 power loss for exp

like 33 power comes to a few points in dps

how much does teh exp come to?

Well the extra aim helps cancel some of the power, so its rly 20-something worth of power difference. Less than 1% damage difference between the two id say, plus the expertise is giving you a little extra incoming healing and dmg reduction (which in turn will have some incalculable increase in your damage).

The only piece I considered keeping Battlemaster is my surge/power implant. Which is directly an aim/power showdown, since the exp difference is extremely minimal.

Edited by ShiroRX

I am sitting at 1290 expertise without the War Hero generator. I cannot convince myself that giving up 27 power to get 37 tech power and 5 aim is going to be a good idea. Our spike damage, mostly the Railshot, is based on Power, not tech power, so the loss is significant. Can the expertise make up for it, when you are already as high as I am?

Also, there's a hit on surge. My BATTLEMASTER Power Generator has surge, while the War Hero one doesn't, so it's 51 points lost in surge. For freakin Accuracy. Seriously?

I mean, my question was not theoretical, it was actually very practical: are you actually using the War Hero one? I am under the impression the very good Powertechs/Vanguards are definitely skipping it and keeping the BM one, but I can't get a reasoned confirmation.

I am sitting at 1290 expertise without the War Hero generator. I cannot convince myself that giving up 27 power to get 37 tech power and 5 aim is going to be a good idea. Our spike damage, mostly the Railshot, is based on Power, not tech power, so the loss is significant. Can the expertise make up for it, when you are already as high as I am?

Also, there's a hit on surge. My BATTLEMASTER Power Generator has surge, while the War Hero one doesn't, so it's 51 points lost in surge. For freakin Accuracy. Seriously?

I mean, my question was not theoretical, it was actually very practical: are you actually using the War Hero one? I am under the impression the very good Powertechs/Vanguards are definitely skipping it and keeping the BM one, but I can't get a reasoned confirmation.

Yes I have the War Hero one. My setup is different than yours though, I can tell already. I wear a pve armoring in belt for double the aim in the slot, so I take the War Hero generator to boost my stats more generally than just dmg, but the difference is gonna be very very minimal on it compared to BM.

Power is also not better for Rail Shot. Not in realistic scenarios anyway, since most PTs are gonna have the 6% aim boost from talents, consular/inquis buff in team situations, and more room for higher aim than power because our secondary stat budget is so thin.

yea atm im wearing wh imps but i have the bm in the back of my head at all times

its about a 500ish hp increase but aim decrease >< with augment

its an aim, end, surge, tech pwr, and expertise buff over BM. BM just has more power.

speaking of Eliminator version btw.

Edited by ShiroRX

BM has more Power AND Surge. 51 Surge that the WH one doesn't have. That's why I am reluctant. I can't see how you don't lose in damage by switching to the War Hero. Even the aim buff from talent tree and sin/inquis is not gonna make up for the missing 27 power. Let alone the Surge trade off for Accuracy.

BM has more Power AND Surge. 51 Surge that the WH one doesn't have. That's why I am reluctant. I can't see how you don't lose in damage by switching to the War Hero. Even the aim buff from talent tree and sin/inquis is not gonna make up for the missing 27 power. Let alone the Surge trade off for Accuracy.

Are you using the Combat Tech one? The WH Elim absolutely has surge on it, looking at mine right now lol. +53 surge. Elim is generally better for us than Combat Tech gear (couple exceptions).

Edited by ShiroRX

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.