Any other Reps having unusual trouble in PVP this week?

earthtoearl

Not entirely, Project is not instant damage, where shock actually is, this is not just down to animation delay, its down to the mechanic of how the two skills work.

This does not make them more powerful, and is not game breaking. It's changed int 1.3 anyways, but I dont get "out dualed" on my dps sage because project took a smidgen longer to hit. In fact I kind of like that delay, I feel more bursty.

This does not make them more powerful, and is not game breaking. It's changed int 1.3 anyways, but I dont get "out dualed" on my dps sage because project took a smidgen longer to hit. In fact I kind of like that delay, I feel more bursty.

So explain to me how its ok for BH to have 4% more resources than does a Trooper?

Since the patch this week it seems the Imps got some crazy buffs. Its not just one particular class but definately those with heals and force lightning. For my lvl 30 trooper I noticed a Sith with Lightning that outranged me.

Undocumented Patchnotes:

- Imperial players who transferred have been given some 'crazy buffs.'

- We even gave Sith lighting longer range

Oh look, more conspiracy theories about sith having magical advantages, haven't seen this one before. But, I'm shocked the prof didn't make this thread, usually he's the first to come up with imaginary imbalances or ones that were fixed months ago and try to pass them off as current but it looks like this time he hasn't....

Oh, wait- couple posts in, there he is- stuck on the distant past, not up to the times.

OP- basically your problem is this. Xfers happened- that changed the dynamics of all servers. Some servers maybe had only bads playing on one faction, and the xfers equalled it out. Or, some servers got influxes of great players from other servers. As well- some servers had tonnes of WH geared players, while others were far behind- you may be seeing a huge change in the gear disparities.

Ultimately though- some servers are having reps that are losing, some are having imps lose all the time- and some are balanced. There's no grand conspiracy or massive imbalances between the sides. You might just be on a server that had garbage imps before, and got some good ones now. Just going to have to gear up and deal with it.

There's absolutely not a range difference between sages and sorcs- there's the ability to increase the range, but both classes have the same skill trees.

Edited by fungihoujo

Oh look, more conspiracy theories about sith having magical advantages, haven't seen this one before. But, I'm shocked the prof didn't make this thread, usually he's the first to come up with imaginary imbalances or ones that were fixed months ago and try to pass them off as current but it looks like this time he hasn't....

Oh, wait- couple posts in, there he is- stuck on the distant past, not up to the times.

OP- basically your problem is this. Xfers happened- that changed the dynamics of all servers. Some servers maybe had only bads playing on one faction, and the xfers equalled it out. Or, some servers got influxes of great players from other servers. As well- some servers had tonnes of WH geared players, while others were far behind- you may be seeing a huge change in the gear disparities.

Ultimately though- some servers are having reps that are losing, some are having imps lose all the time- and some are balanced. There's no grand conspiracy or massive imbalances between the sides. You might just be on a server that had garbage imps before, and got some good ones now. Just going to have to gear up and deal with it.

There's absolutely not a range difference between sages and sorcs- there's the ability to increase the range, but both classes have the same skill trees.

Ok fine, but tell me why BH get better resource management than Troopers.

Personally my bounty hunter and trooper have no heat/ammo issues. So what if the math suggests a slight smidgeon of less heat cost on a BH. If a trooper and a bounty hunter play their class in the respectable way, the hunters heat should never get much higher than 30 (unless burst healing or tracer spamming without a rotation) and ammo shouldn't get much lower than 30%. If you really are having heat issues as either of these classes you need to go in and figure out whats wrong (maybe you have alacrity as dps for some reason which can mess with your rotation). Point is BH and Troopers shouldn't be having issues with heat/ammo ever.

If Star Wars lore is a "valid argument" then bounty hunters should win against troopers every time. They do become Mandalorians unlike the troopers, who are just some recruit.

Overall I didn't see a complaint about Bounty Hunters VS Troopers till all the other points were clarified. Now you seem like a one track record.

Personally my bounty hunter and trooper have no heat/ammo issues. So what if the math suggests a slight smidgeon of less heat cost on a BH. If a trooper and a bounty hunter play their class in the respectable way, the hunters heat should never get much higher than 30 (unless burst healing or tracer spamming without a rotation) and ammo shouldn't get much lower than 30%. If you really are having heat issues as either of these classes you need to go in and figure out whats wrong (maybe you have alacrity as dps for some reason which can mess with your rotation). Point is BH and Troopers shouldn't be having issues with heat/ammo ever.

If Star Wars lore is a "valid argument" then bounty hunters should win against troopers every time. They do become Mandalorians unlike the troopers, who are just some recruit.

Overall I didn't see a complaint about Bounty Hunters VS Troopers till all the other points were clarified. Now you seem like a one track record.

This. I play a Mercenary. And as much as many players would like to think its just 'tracer spam' or even people who play the class think its just 'tracer spam'. You are severely incorrect. There is a rotation. Rotations that have to be STRICTLY followed otherwise you will have Heat issues. Which would be the same for Commando. If you are having issues then you need to learn your class better. I heal as a Mercenary and very rarely go over 40-45 heat because I follow a strict rotation and I still can do my job perfectly fine.

Pretty sure January was before 1.2

It was. 1.2 came out in April. You were insinuating that the change had to be back in January. I simply missed the one line in 1.2 that noted the change. I don't personally play my Smuggler much (and haven't since probably march) so I simply missed they finally fixed that one.

It only took BioWare around 5 months (it was reported in Beta in December of 2011) to fix it.

Edited by ProfessorWalsh

Guys, I just lost a warzone and this leads me to believe there are major bugs and imbalances in the game. I should win every time. If I dont the other class that killed me was OP or there was a bug or a glitch. I would never lose to someone with greater skill because I am the most skilled gamer of all time.

Guys, I just lost a warzone and this leads me to believe there are major bugs and imbalances in the game. I should win every time. If I dont the other class that killed me was OP or there was a bug or a glitch. I would never lose to someone with greater skill because I am the most skilled gamer of all time.

El oh el. So true.

Hmm well 2 of those screen shots are against a Premade I was in. Basicly either you were not running a premade so lost (makes sense.) Or you just are not used to good premades from your server. Alot easier to farm wins here on Harbringer I have found compared to spaceslugg thats for sure.

Not entirely, Project is not instant damage, where shock actually is, this is not just down to animation delay, its down to the mechanic of how the two skills work.
Project is instant, it's just that the numbers on the screen is timed with the animation. What is abing applied to you is instant when struck by it. I have had to explain this to a guildmate of mine who was wondering why he was still getting hit by Project after he Force cloaked. It's because Project was casted before the Force Cloak was cast but the animation wasn't finished. Bioware has explained this before. Edited by WraitheDarkbane

Project is instant, it's just the numbers on the screen is timed with the animation. What is abing applied to you is instant when struck by it. I have had to explain this to a guildmate of mine who was wondering why he was still getting hit by Project after he Force cloaked. It's because Project was casted before the Force Cloak was cast but the animation wasn't finished. Bioware has explained this before.

You are incorrect.

What happens is the GAME calculates the to-hit and the damage when you cast it. Then the animation plays out and the already calculated damage is applied afterward. That is why this can actually pop people out of stealth. It doesn't apply damage instantly that is one of the reasons they are changing it.

Currently in the live game there are a couple bugs which favor the Sith in PVP. There are no known bugs that favor the Republic in PVP.

There is the issue with Project vs Shock for example.

There is an issue with the Scoundrel's dirty kick vs the Operative's mirror ability. (The Scoundrel has to stop, the Operative does not.)

There are a number of other issues.

Mechanically the game does slightly favor the Sith. That is simply a fact. It isn't a large bonus and usually it can be mitigated by skill but all things being equal the Sith have the advantage. It has been this way since launch.

It has not been this way since launch. at launch the republic sages were able to stack their shields on players so they would have more than one. this was not on the imp side. also project and some other mirrored abilities were hitting harder than imperials just fyi.