Is T7 Useful?

Lynnx

I never see anyone with T7, unless they are low level (Pre-Kira).

Is T7 worth having? Many quests have T7 upgrades.

I once heard someone say that T7 is weak at higher levels. Is that true?

Your companions are heavilly gear dependent. I used T7 till I got Lord Scourge, even though people were telling me to use Doc. It really depends on your playstyle. Scourge is a good melee tank, but is really no more powerful than T7 in comparable gear. It is the player and their particular way of combat that determines the effectiveness of the companion.

Hint: Even if you stop using T7 after you get a new companion that fits your playstyle better, take the time in Corellia, and do the quests, to gear T7 up. You won't need a full set of level 50 purples or blues for him, but try to have some decent gear for the little fella. Otherwise, you will have difficulty with the final quest. Unles, of course, you can count on a friend or two to help you with the final quest.

And yea, there is a chest on the final quest to get like 4 pieces. These pieces would help, but the chest was bugged last year. It has been mentioned that it is no longer bugged, and they made the approach easier, but take a friend anyway. I had issues solo, but my at the time GM did not with his sawbones friend helping him.

Your companions are heavilly gear dependent. I used T7 till I got Lord Scourge, even though people were telling me to use Doc. It really depends on your playstyle. Scourge is a good melee tank, but is really no more powerful than T7 in comparable gear. It is the player and their particular way of combat that determines the effectiveness of the companion.

Hint: Even if you stop using T7 after you get a new companion that fits your playstyle better, take the time in Corellia, and do the quests, to gear T7 up. You won't need a full set of level 50 purples or blues for him, but try to have some decent gear for the little fella. Otherwise, you will have difficulty with the final quest. Unles, of course, you can count on a friend or two to help you with the final quest.

And yea, there is a chest on the final quest to get like 4 pieces. These pieces would help, but the chest was bugged last year. It has been mentioned that it is no longer bugged, and they made the approach easier, but take a friend anyway. I had issues solo, but my at the time GM did not with his sawbones friend helping him.

This. Besides, if you wanna unlock the chest, you may need a friend since certain graphics cards have trouble rendering the laser sprites.

I love playing with my little droid-buddy. Especially after he got full orange gear and really good mods. My Jk-sentinel has biochem so she and T7 fight through everything with with a few (you+comp)-medpacs when needed.

Don't see other players with him too often, but that suits me just fine making me feel a little bit different from the other JK's out there. :p

Is T7 useful you ask!?!

Let's talk in pre-Doc terms (as he is literally Mr. Perfect). Choosing to use Kira over T7 is like choosing to use a fork for a bowl of soup when you've got a perfectly good spoon.

Lets put it this way. Kira is primarily a DPS, she attacks something and isn't really aiming to expend her health pool before yours. And if she does, she gets ripped apart like wet toilet paper. She's only good for cleaning up trivial enemies faster. Those 3 man groups with 2 trash mobs and a "strong".

A tank-stance T7 in comparable-grade gear will still do respectable damage, easily doing 70-80% of what Kira would deal. But he soaks hits vastly greater and has the tools needed to draw the enemy hits his way. You'll be a little slower against trivial enemies but it's the only way you'll have a chance to standing up against a "champion" mob without heavily outlevelling it. Popping your defensive buffs and heroic moment with a DPS companion is much more likely to prolong an easy loss than increase your chances.

In short, when you die, your companion will say "f**k this" and leave even if they had the health to carry on. So unless you have a healer, bring a tank.

Besides Kira is the second most annoying character after Vette. The eye candy doesn't justify having them around.

Regarding the "hint". Since I leveled as a tank I did not need another tank as my companion so I did not use T7 much beyond getting Kira. I did however gear him up through random drops - If I got something that T7 could use I gave it to him rather than selling it. As it turned out this was sufficient for the final quest mentioned

As a Jedi Sentinel, T7 sucks. Against champion mobs, it is impossible to ping pong aggro since he is a tank. He gets focused on immediately and dies before making any large impact in the fight. Against an uber boss mob, I jump in with saber ward and rebuke up, dps him until I have about 50% health left, then use force camo to get 100% aggro on Kira, then jump back in the fight and finish him off. Most of the time Kira doesn't even die, but if she does I still have half health and a medpack to finish the fight no problem. Hardly ever had to redo boss fights.

T7 totally worth it for the dialog alone.

Kira is obnoxious but somewhat better DPS than T7. I'm a Def speced Guardian and I run T7 in dps mode with little difficulty, I have geared him out with modable parts from my cybertech alt so keeping him geared with DPS gear is no problem.

From a pure gameplay perspective you want to use Doc and T7/Kira are interchangeable till you get him dependent on spec.

Used T7 all the way to the end and still use him in Black Hole. He works great IMHO.

Same here, I am 47 and use him exclusively. He's all in modded gear and the lastest purple armoring, with some healing potions needed occasionally. From time to time, I taunt a boss, to seperate the damage over the two of us, but that's not really needed, I think.

Edited by Yogol

• 2 weeks later...
I personally haven't found T7 particularly useful beyond the early levels. I've used Lord Scourge since I got him and before that Doc for pretty much all fights. That said, I still try and keep affection going with T7 for the story.

which class quest do you receive doc or Scourge?

Personally i use alot kira karsen,i prefer melee dps damage than ranged T7's.Also T7 has slicing gathering.I send him on missions.Using Kira Karsen with synthweaving someone can make augments mk-5.

I think T7 is awesome as a Sent. I used him exclusively until I got Doc. He's a ranged tank but with a gap closer so you don't have to chase after mobs that are chasing him.

My opinion is probably a bit skewed since I tend to be over level for the class quests due to PVP, but having leveled a Sent and a Marauder, I prefer having a tank comp for no other reason than I don't have to stop to heal after every fight like I did when I was rolling with Vette (ranged dps) for the 1st 3 planets on my SW.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.