Patch 1.4 should be a Gear update

Astoniam

TLDR at bottem

although the whole orange gear crafting and reverse engineering were introduced, i still fell a big lack of gear throughout the game, for example:

most of the Bounty hunter gear during leveling is identical, there is a model for lvl 1-25 ( the one with the jetpack on back) one for lvl 25-50 ( with the hose\tube on the chest), and then the end game gear.

all the same just different colors, this isnt different gear. i want to customize my BH at end game so he dosnt look like all columi\rakata and now campaign gear.

the freedom to craft still isnt enough imo. on my sith warrior i found a pair of green item boots, which simply do not exist in custom orange gear, ( i was under the impression that you could RE any green into custom, my bad).

i would love to fit these with my rakata mods since i like the boots and want to look different than other players.

siths for the most part cant get hooded robes, jedis can for some reason,( although the GTN has merged u cant buy republic gear and vice versa), most of the robes dont work with masks either.

just from seeing the amount of gear on gtn that repeats itself comes to show the lack of gear.

TLDR

game lacks serious variety of gear, and gear that fits the star wars look.

in my opinion, patch 1.4 should be called GEAR, or at least be a big part of the patch where BW needs to do a major overhaul on the gear.

i know there are many other more important issues to address but this i think would greatly improve the general feel of the game.

You can pull the mods out of your endgame gear and put it into any orange gear you want. Also, 1.3 is adding more augment options. So there's more customization options than you think there is.

However, more options would not be a bad thing.

You can pull the mods out of your endgame gear and put it into any orange gear you want. .

not sure if you read the whole post or i expressed it in a wrong way, but i am saying there is a lack in orange gear, if we could RE any blue\green item into orange would improve it but still the overall amount of different modeled gear in the game is lacking.

Edited by Astoniam

not sure if you read the whole post or i expressed it in a wrong way, but i am saying there is a lack in orange gear, if we could RE any blue\green item into orange would improve it but still the overall amount of different modeled gear in the game is lacking.

Admittedly, I skimmed the last half because of the poor grammar.

However, I disagree with your opinion on the lack of orange gear. There's a ton of orange gear in the game. You just have to get your social score up to access a lot of it.

Again, I do agree that more options would be a good thing though.

The problem is Bioware's continued use of problem solving without looking at the whole picture. Sure, there are more orange items and now we can transfer mods and armoring. But at 34K a pop for ONE item to be moved, costing over 100K for just one piece of armor, what's the point? They attempt to solve a problem but create a new one in its stead.

It should not cost 34K to move a mod. :confused:

Edited by Xabana

The problem is Bioware's continued use of problem solving without looking at the whole picture. Sure, there are more orange items and now we can transfer mods and armoring. But at 34K a pop for ONE item to be moved, costing over 100K for just one piece of armor, what's the point? They attempt to solve a problem but create a new one in its stead.

It should not cost 34K to move a mod. :confused:

Do your dailies. One run through Ilum, Belsavis and the Black Hole will net you well over 200K. You can get all your armor of choice updated with just a few days of work.

Do your dailies. One run through Ilum, Belsavis and the Black Hole will net you well over 200K. You can get all your armor of choice updated with just a few days of work.

So 3 or 4 hours of doing mind-numbingly boring quests over again to move 3 modifications in 20 seconds? Thanks, I'll pass.

Sure, it is a viable solution, just not that viable.

So 3 or 4 hours of doing mind-numbingly boring quests over again to move 3 modifications in 20 seconds? Thanks, I'll pass.

Go with a group of guild mates. You can burn through all three planets in half the time easily.

Exactly, hours of work just to put on a new pair of pants? Better use the restroom BEFORE fighting rakghuls next time.:p

the quests are actually pretty fun espeically the Black Hole ones. Anyway if you are against doing work for your gear you are playing the wrong genre of games.

Edit: as the other guy said defently do the dailies with your guild its much more fun

the quests are actually pretty fun espeically the Black Hole ones. Anyway if you are against doing work for your gear you are playing the wrong genre of games.

Edit: as the other guy said defently do the dailies with your guild its much more fun

he's already done the work for the gear. he earned the pants he's wearing, and he already worked to earn the pants he wants to wear instead (or already bought them). the three hours of work is just to swap between the two, which is absurd. i have never played an MMO where changing your clothes requires hours of grinding to be able to afford it.

Edited by codyr

he's already done the work for the gear. he earned the pants he's wearing, and he already worked to earn the pants he wants to wear instead (or already bought them). the three hours of work is just to swap between the two, which is absurd. i have never played an MMO where changing your clothes requires hours of grinding to be able to afford it.

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure why they wouldn't have the cash just lying around anyways. You have to do all of the HM FP's and various level Ops to get geared all the way up anyways. If you sell off all the gear you get that you don't need from all of that, that's like a giant money farm on it's own, never mind the dailies.

The point is, there's multiple solutions to this "problem" already offered up in the game. I suggested the dailies because it's easy enough to just group up with 3 other people and burn through all the dailies in about 2 hours. If you don't like that solution, do a bunch of PvP. Plus you could always try crafting and selling rare schematics. One of my guildies is routinely raking in 1.5M for pink and orange lightsaber crystals on the GTN. Whatever suits your play style.

1.3 is bringing in a substantial cost slash to the mod swapping (a 30% reduction in cost, if I remember correctly), so the cost to update will be easier to swallow. That being said, the game desperately needs an increase in not only the number of moddable outfits, but an increase in the styles of moddable outfits. Right now, my Shadow can choose from a pretty good number of outfits (I'm not including social gear here), but when it comes to the looks of those outfits, she is limited to four or five styles; re-colouring those styles doesn't really increase the number of different looks a character can have.

Now, with that said, I should put a disclaimer here. I've said it before, but while I'm saying Bioware should add more looks into the game, Bioware could release a 50 gig-sized expack titled "The Old Republic: We Got Your Customisation Right Here," and I'd be saying, "Well, that's a good start..." So, take anything I say about this subject with the appropriate-sized grain of salt.

It should be noted, that as I mentioned that a lot of the orange gear is limited by social score. Doing the dailies with a group of guildies will not only cause your credit account to rise, but your social score as well......meaning it'll open up more of the customization options you crave.

3 or 4 hours? What the heck are you doing?

It takes me less than 2 hours to do all the dailies on all 3 planets.

3 or 4 hours? What the heck are you doing?

It takes me less than 2 hours to do all the dailies on all 3 planets.

Some people only have a couple hours a day to play, and others would rather spend those 2 hours doing something fun besides the exact same missions every day.

I think it's a good idea but only if they added other stuff as well. Like open world pvp objectives and something for the pve'ers as well.

Add this, and they can spend the next 2 yrs working on things like gear and same sex romance for all I care :)