Do YOU want Ranked Warzones in 1.3? You can help.

Shibata

Nice strawman, but no one ever said that.

We said Bioware should hire QA people to do their own TESTING. No one ever said it should be "bug free".

Ridiculous. They do use internal QA people.

PTS is a different service altogether. Its a service for customers to use that has the added benefit of providing useful information for BW. In any case, my opinion is unchanged in that logging into test server for some hours of testing helps myself as much as, or more than anyone else involved. I want a quality experience, I can contribute to the quality of my experience. Therefore I will. You don't have to. You can even call me out for my exaggerations. Doesn't change the fact that refusing to log into PTS because you feel like BW should provide more for your subscription fee is like an ostrich sticking it's head in the sand.

Ridiculous. They do use internal QA people.

PTS is a different service altogether. Its a service for customers to use that has the added benefit of providing useful information for BW. In any case, my opinion is unchanged in that logging into test server for some hours of testing helps myself as much as, or more than anyone else involved. I want a quality experience, I can contribute to the quality of my experience. Therefore I will. You don't have to. You can even call me out for my exaggerations. Doesn't change the fact that refusing to log into PTS because you feel like BW should provide more for your subscription fee is like an ostrich sticking it's head in the sand.

Invalid argument.

Bioware posted (and then removed the post) that it would not release Ranked Warzones until WE the PLAYERS tested it sufficiently on PTS. It said they would yank it from 1.3 if not tested enough BY US.

My reply to that is, my rate is $150/hour. Pay me.

Invalid argument.

Bioware posted (and then removed the post) that it would not release Ranked Warzones until WE the PLAYERS tested it sufficiently on PTS. It said they would yank it from 1.3 if not tested enough BY US.

My reply to that is, my rate is $150/hour. Pay me.

I should just let this die, since you obviously feel strongly about it, but the magnitude of your misinformation is staggering. Gabe's post was ambiguous, and could have been read in the fashion that you apparently did, which is why they changed it. I am pretty sure anyone can clarify their meaning by editing a post on these forums, including yourself. Because some folks mus-interpreted the meaning of the post they removed the sentence in question and clarified in a dev post that your quoted interpretation from above was and has always been incorrect.

The tone of his post does suggest that they rely on data from the PTS to make decisions regarding release of a feature. I myself find some solid comfort in that assertion. Again, the PTS is there for us. It provides a way for me to contribute to making the experience that I pay for better. If you don't want to, don't do it. You claimed that based on your experience that BW should hire you to test. Put in an application, maybe they will. Don't you think you would be better off using some of your insight and industry experience to make your game experience better?

I should help test things so they can ignore me like they did to all the people on PTS that complained marauders were too strong, and that sorcs were overnerfed?

ok, I'll get right on that, instead of getting ready for rated warzones.

Honestly, ranked warzones are going to start out with a preseason.

Just put it up on live and have as many people work out the bugs in the preseason. Make the preseason as long as necessary and once all the bugs are worked out, start up season one.

Right now there are not enough PVP people transferred to the PTS to adequately stress test ranked warzones.

Its great and all that people are willing to go on the test server, but I'm not about to test a update for bioware while I'm paying them to play the game even on the test server. It's their job to test it and get it right. That's why we are paying them a subscription fee.

There's no way they can internally test how any game function can handle a large user load to make sure their systems can handle it. That's why there is a Test Server - so that they can find out how their new function can handle a large amount of users.

I should help test things so they can ignore me like they did to all the people on PTS that complained marauders were too strong, and that sorcs were overnerfed?

ok, I'll get right on that, instead of getting ready for rated warzones.

Man Im sorry you feel that way, but I disagree. They did the right thing with the nerf to heals and the buff to marauders in 1.2. Do you see how that works? Sorc DPS is still over the top in my experience and I have no problem tanking 1 marauder on my combat medic and I can tank more if Im cross healed and guarded.

Balance changes, by nature are not really what PTS is about anyway.

If you were giving feedback on bugs with how those balance changes were implemented, especially game-breaking bugs then you would have gotten more attention than complaining about the balance changes.

Are they going to give all healer classes the utility they need to compete in ranked WZs? If not than they can test their damn game themselves.

all ? -.- what you mean by all ? as if Op healer isn't OP enough.....

I dont do live play testing. Yes I cant wait for ranked warzones, but at the same time I dont want to ruin the shiny effect for when it does go live. I've got other priorites in game like getting ready for ranked warzones.

Do I care how long it takes them to implement ranked wz's? Absolutely not.

If the lazy people at Bioware wants us to do their job for them, then they should offer titles, pets, or something for those that go out of their way to help them develop their game.

All mmo's that I've played have had live play testing, its the only way to iron out the bugs in the new content. PS. the do have titles for playtesting.