Medals change

stephenalandavie

There needs to be a change to the defence medals.

Players are just camping at turrets/bunkers doing nothing to get this medal when the games seems like it may be lost.

Maybe they should only get the defence medal when defending the turret in combat.

Edited by stephenalandavie

Very true, I don't like the medal structure in this game anyway, players join WZ and just go for objectives, ignoring team play altogether. You can do 500k damage or heal and still only end up with 5 medals.

I really hope you are being sarcastic. Topping damage/kills/heals, while nice, is pretty useless if you are not doing it while pusuing objectives.

Very true, I don't like the medal structure in this game anyway, players join WZ and just go for objectives, ignoring team play altogether. You can do 500k damage or heal and still only end up with 5 medals.

This statement right here is why most pug teams are so bad. 500k damage means nothing. I can get the same amount of kills as the top damage person with half the damage because I'm actually focusing my attacks rather than just sitting there and spamming AOE damages/heals.

It's all about the objectives...

The current medal system is fine.

It rewards people for defending a point instead of running around just trying to top the damage chart. I remember countless huttball games before the medals where changed where everyone just ignored the objective and went out to see if they could be top damage. Well this still occurs to a certain extent more people are actually trying to complete the objectives

There needs to be a change to the defence medals.

Players are just camping at turrets/bunkers doing nothing to get this medal when the games seems like it may be lost.

Maybe they should only get the defence medal when defending the turret in combat.

I started a thread on this topic not too long ago: "Play to win VS play for medals

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=478576

The current system is broken and wrecks pvp.

Edited by Dein_Cathair

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.