So... anyone rename their character wrong?

Bigchristophe

I explained this problem to Customer Support on the first day of transfers!

They acted like they didn't understand the bug and told me I was stuck with "My error" even though it was "their error".

I have quit SWTOR since and havent logged in. But this thread gives me hope that maybe if I re-open the ticket I can get my character names in the correct order.

It pissed me off honestly.

There is another bug where it says I have 8 characters already on Jung Ma, but I only have 7. So I can't transfer my 8th character from Ven Zallow to Jung Ma. *AGGRAVATING* I feel like even opening a ticket for this is futile with my past experience with CSR.

I had this issue too. Create a new char on your destination server... logout and delete him. You'll be able to transfer the last guy over fine.

I opened a ticket about 3 hours ago and it disappeared, should I make another one or does it mean it's been escalated? :<

Also what category are you guys picking? I picked character, should I have tried bug report?

Edited by AelixVII

Similiar thing happened to my boyfriend. Now his main (male trooper) is running around with a rather female name that was intended for his female alt. We had a good laugh for a few minutes, but now he is annoyed. He has put in a ticket and we hope to hear some kind of answer soon. I think to click on one character but get prompted to change another character is kinda an annoying idea. I know that he should have paid closer attention to the promt and should have compared the "xcdfnejfwcdde" to see if it matched the tag on his trooper, but still it was kind of an obtuse way to set it up by Bioware. just my two cents. :o

My first ticket completely disappeared and still hasn't returned, my second one was locked but it opened again, first ticket was category 'character', new one is just 'bug report'. Hopefully this can get resolved soon.

Really? Did they allow you to rename your characters? They told me that I was stuck with it.

A few of my guildies had that problem and got it resolved through opening a ticket. Maybe they weren't aware it was an issue at the time you opened a ticket, so you might want to open another one. Here's the thread I was looking for when I posted my original response.

This is from Cerimon on p5:

Greetings All,

Any transferred character that has the same name as a character already on the destination server will be given a temporary string of mixed capital letters. As previously stated, when changing the name be sure to look behind the naming window to see which character you are actually renaming. If you have mis-renamed a character please submit a support request ticket and we will allow another rename as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

I too had this happen to me on Monday and submitted a ticket. So far no response from customer service. I havent been able to play because my next xharacter inline for a name change needs the name that was accidently givin to my Commando. Any suggestions as to getting their attention so I can play?

What category have you all been putting down when creating a ticket?

Fyi I created a ticket under Character and few days later they reset both of my names that got messed up. Very happy customer right now. Another great job CS.

I just got around to doing my character transfers and I redownloaded the game to give it a look since I was away. Naturally all my characters needed name changes but no big deal. I select my sniper because it was my main and try to enter, it says XBHSAMAXMSCSS needs a name change so I input her new name and bam my male scoundrel at the top of the character list gets the name. So now my scoundrel has a female name, on top of being the one i intended for my sniper. I guess its my own fault for not looking at the exact bundle of letters but I attempted to enter the game on my sniper, I figured it would want the sniper name you know, makes enough sense.. Anyone else get duped by this? I suppose there's nothing I can do about this right? Until they let me pay for my mistake literally and get it changed.

I also had this problem. i clicked on my main that was on top and put in her new name. Well, once i was done that name went to my male toon. So, now my male toon has a girls name and i wont play it at all. I put in a ticket and have not heard anything back...

updated: Just got a message and i get to change my toons name.. yay

Edited by Bethmora

What I've been experiencing with this issue when creating tickets is constantly getting cut and paste stock answers that you can't keep your old name -- sorry, which isn't the issue at all. I'm on my 3rd ticket now and fully expect to get warned to stop fling tickets over this eventually.

Hope things work out for others though.

I can confirm that customer services do help with this if you contact them. I just got word back yesterday that my request for a rename was granted and was able to resolve the problem yesterday. It just takes some time for them to fix it, but they should fix it for you eventually.

I can confirm that customer services do help with this if you contact them. I just got word back yesterday that my request for a rename was granted and was able to resolve the problem yesterday. It just takes some time for them to fix it, but they should fix it for you eventually.

I'm on ticket number 5 now all closed with the cut and paste we can't guarantee your old names on your new server nonsense. It's patently obvious they're not even reading the tickets. Score another one for Bioware's incredibly incompetent customer service.