Need Help

Galakist

I have a level 50 Gunnery commando and you should put the attacks you use most on your quickbar. You should definitely have Hammer Shot, explosive round, recharge cells, mortar Volley, Recharge and Reload, Stock strike, and pulse cannon on your quickbar bound to the number keys. I would put Heroic moment, sprint, Fortification, quick Travel, Emergency fleet pass, Plasma cell , armor piercing cell, and combat support cell and othere moves you may use on your quickbar but not bound to any keys because you might want to activate them easily but don't need them automatically for every fight. Edited by Sangrar

explosive round.

i don't think i've used explosive round since i was about lv15. once you get charged bolts, this skill becomes rather useless. you can knock down a weak target, but you have full auto, sticky grenade, mortal volley, and plasma grenade that do the same thing (and a lot better), and do more damage anyway.

and if you go gunnery, once you get grav round, you can replace charged bolts with that.

for gunnery, i have hammershot | grav round | full auto | demo round | HIB | stockstrike as 1-6

then sticky grenade | plasma grenade | hail of bolts | mortar volley | pulse cannon all together on the lower row for when i need to AOE

of course you won't get demo round until 40+, so don't worry about that one for a while. put charged bolts in place of grav round until you get it, and you should be pretty good.

explosive round is a decent round to use while kiting, yes it burns ammo but it can save your *** if you know how to kite, not to mention its aoe effect is good on nodes in PVP, my motto in PVP is never die with a full load of ammo so if I am getting burnt down I just unload explosive round on the imps,

In PVE tho pretty worthless

and if you go gunnery, once you get grav round, you can replace charged bolts with that.

for gunnery, i have hammershot | grav round | full auto | demo round | HIB | stockstrike as 1-6

then sticky grenade | plasma grenade | hail of bolts | mortar volley | pulse cannon all together on the lower row for when i need to AOE

of course you won't get demo round until 40+, so don't worry about that one for a while. put charged bolts in place of grav round until you get it, and you should be pretty good.

Hmmmm... I like it, im gna try that ASAP although im not quite sure what AOE is?

AOE : Area of effect...

Basically skill will affect 1 or multiple targets within a area... Explosive Rounds, Mortar Voley, etc will affect multiple target with damage. High Impact Bolt, Full Auto, Charged Bolts, Hammer Shots, etc will affect one target.

Even though AOE might be a good strategy to kill easy mobs, when you're in a boss fight, elite fight, flashpoints or operations or even H2 and H4, you might want to CC some mobs. CC is Crowd Control, basically you use your concussion rounds to "freeze" a target and attack the other ones... now any damage on this target will unfreeze it ! You might not want to do that especially if another player CCed one of those...

Understanding AOE and planning it to not "damage" CCed character is very important, mostly in endgame content ! But I strongly suggest you try it ASAP and get familiarised with it... This was my first MMO and I didn't know about that until late in the game. It's very important ;)