FULL AUTO AND MORTAR VOLLEY: Blatantly Broken

Potfish

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so lol worthy, you had to have done this on purpose. But, just in case you're not trolling, I give you the benefit of a doubt. You do realize Trooper and BH are mirrors of each othe right? That the abilities do the exact same thing, but looks/named a little different? Mortar Volley = death from above. This is by dev design.

This is why you were asked to just stop posting nonsense. lol.

That's just it, the classes are NOT mirrored. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=101553

does bioware even care? it'd be nice if they gave us some sort of reponse about this at all, but they haven't. So far their customer service/feedback has been abysmal.

I'm guessing that in their minds, everything is "working as intended". I mean, it's not like the green beam of imminent doom that healbot troopers use attracts attention vs their BH counterparts. I'd reroll dps with my commando, but vs my bounty hunter it's just depressing how the advantages hugely favor the BH.

Edit: and oh yeah, don't even get me started on how cool a Jawa is vs the trooper companions. At least smugglers get a wookie to make up for their gimp vs the agents.

Edited by RabidTreeMonkey

I'm guessing that in their minds, everything is "working as intended". I mean, it's not like the green beam of imminent doom that healbot troopers use attracts attention vs their BH counterparts. I'd reroll dps with my commando, but vs my bounty hunter it's just depressing how the advantages hugely favor the BH.

Edit: and oh yeah, don't even get me started on how cool a Jawa is vs the trooper companions. At least smugglers get a wookie to make up for their gimp vs the agents.

Wait wait.. BHs get a Jawa!?

Mortor Volley is the Troopers Arcane Missles. I'm guessing that it's not working as intended but hopefully a few tweaks should get it working.

I would think Bioware are pretty busy still finding their feet after launch and making sure that the game breaking bugs are fixed before they move onto the smaller stuff. Just give them time, they'll get their eventually. :)

That's what we're all hoping for. Bioware did an excellent job back in the day supporting Neverwinter Nights with a great toolset and strong community interplay. However, that was 2001-3 and a much smaller gaming community. BW has still got a LOT to prove in terms of supporting a modern mmo. Maybe, like Blizzard, they'll keep up enough with the players to make most people happy. Then again, maybe they end up like Age of Conan or Warhammer. Edited by RabidTreeMonkey

for all of you haters just go till level 4 (i think) with both classes and test full auto and the similar one from bounty hunter. when u press full auto e take 1 sec +/- to start firing but because of that u allways take a shot which reduces the 3 ticks of autoshot to 2, now for the BH version as soon as u press "Full auto" it fires straight away and weak or standard mobs will not fire and interrupt ur spell....

You do know that once the cast bar for mortar volley is finished (even if the animation isn't) you can move and it will still fire off the third shot.

This does not help AT ALL. By the time you've finally launched that 3rd shot, the sun has set and there is no one remotely close to where you started the channel a 1/2 hour ago!

i fully support this thread and post, and the fact that bounty hunters across the board also ackknowledge it the problem makes it even worse. Full auto and mortar volley both are broken and the devs have done nothing to even ackknowledge the problem. THeir customer support already is absolutely horrible, undermanned, and way below subpar. The worst i've seen in a long while, and they are not helping themselves by ignoring this. They seem to only care about supscriptions, so I am going to straight up say that if this problem isn't resolved, you will lose my subscription very soon. Maybe then they'll care when their money is in danger.

I've noticed this as well. I really like the gameplay of the BH, but my main is a Sage, and the trooper can be frustrating by comparison. The small differences for flavor should be cosmetic only, in my opinion.

Of course. That one second of delay costs us as people can move before it even hits them once.

It's very annoying, true. I hope there's a fix soon, as this drastically reduces our damage in PvP.

Even if PVE when there are adds on boss fights in hard mode that I could easily kill with MV I have to anticipate where they were be. Sometimes that is impossible and makes the fight far harder than it should be.

It would at least be helpful if BioWare acknowledged this thread's existence. So we at least know they're aware of this issue.

Especially since they just had a huge love fest post for Maruaders / Knights. I was extremely disappointed to see Troopers as the only class without any fixes in path 1.1.1 That better mean they're working on a huge fix for the next patch.

Can i ask a question does anyone have any videos showing a mob being targeted and then activating mortar and DFA? I keep seeing vids but they don't show when the actual damage takes place as no mobs are actually being targeted.

The vid from the first post has been removed.

I think this is what you are looking for? Not my video, but has everything you requested!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhLjqgC_fH8

Not really, its showing the issue where Full auto doesn't seem to be getting in 3 full ticks with being attacked.

However when in the vid when they fire off mortar they aren't targeting anything at first, so you don't actually see when the damage ticks start, just the animation.

Ideally you would want a vid targeting an opponent showing from start to finish the activation and finish of DFA, then the same thing with Mortar. Not just a general aoe in the vicinity of the target.

Someone did a real good job of showing the difference between Project and Shock for Sage and Sorcerer, there is no denying the issue between those two after seeing that vid, Project looks to hit over a full second later than Shock once activated.

Try being a vanguard, it saves your a** more than one hundred times.

@OP I only use mortar volley when i'm SURE the guy won't move. if he does who cares? two shots still equals like 750 damage @ 27. When you're caught and have to tank, for god sakes, DONT USE MV OR RF!!!!!!!!

Also, a Pgen is way more useful than a second gun. Bioware put these delays in for a reason.

Really?

A Power Generator doesn't do anything except add stats. Have you found some other use for it?

The fact that the developers play sith, and favor it is absolutely terrible. The fact that they haven't even tried to address this issue is worse. The favortism honestly needs to stop, and they need to stop ignoring these problems just because they like the empire more. The imbalances between these two "mirrored" classes is obvious and their lack of attention to it just proves that they are playing favorites.

However when in the vid when they fire off mortar they aren't targeting anything at first, so you don't actually see when the damage ticks start, just the animation.

Not following you. You can clearly see when the damage hits in that vid for Mortar Volley. MV and DFA are ground target AE.

Edited by Dashall

The fact that the developers play sith, and favor it is absolutely terrible. The fact that they haven't even tried to address this issue is worse. The favortism honestly needs to stop, and they need to stop ignoring these problems just because they like the empire more. The imbalances between these two "mirrored" classes is obvious and their lack of attention to it just proves that they are playing favorites.

epic statement

empire players say republic got advantage

republic players say republic got adavantage

john doe say all classes are OP

maybe just L2P !

No. You are wrong. The Bounty Hunter can be hit all he/she wants while channeling his version of Full Auto and will not suffer any pushback.

The Trooper being "slower" applies in several other cases as well. Even the Bounty Hunter's Rocket Punch has a much faster activation time than the Trooper's Stockstrike. Also, you can be hit all you want while channeling Pulse Cannon and all three hits will register.

I will make a video comparing several of these abilities to demonstrate this.

Actually, the stockstrike is not an issue. I have tested this myself, and the hit still registers, just the numbers don't show immediately.