Light-side/Dark-side vendors really screw a Marauder.

LondonBurning

Looks to me like marauder medium armor was a design change implemented somewhere along the road.

Proof: strength heavy armor on Korriban. Except for armor value same stat for mara and jugger armor in quest rewards (ctrl c ctrl v duplication)

I think, they should solve the whole thing like they did with BH: both ACs should use heavy armor and heavy armor only.

Light side doesnt, but dark side vendor has 0 pieces of medium armor that does not require imperial agent to use it. hell even the light armor has class requirements.

Actually i was looking at that ds vendor for items and found only ONE usable for marauders. Some lvl 27 orange boots with all slots open. 8k credits or something like that. Rest of the gear is for agent or heavy armor or willpower gear.

• 2 weeks later...
Ive noticed that every commendations vendor sells at least one level higher of every Mod/Hilt etc of Guardian compared to might aswell. It seems odd, so I can get a 40 rating might hilt, or a 44 rating guardian hilt...

I craft artifice, so i make hilts and all the mods for sabers, trust me the Might hilts I craft are more damage oriented than the guardian hilts. Might hilts give a good bit more strength which translates into more damage. So it might tell you it does 4 damage less but actually cause you to do 20 more.

• 3 weeks later...

u know what the problem with this game is...?

Its too good at launch. A huge majority of us have played an MMO before and when we experience a game that is so well done at launch we forget that is has just started.

Give it time! Im confident that everything will work out - and that Bioware will hire me as an official/unofficial happiness spreader in the forums!

It's not only the light/dark-side vendors. It's pretty much every vendor in the game. The fact is Marauder's are very gimped when it comes to gear. Whether it is the light/dark-side vendor, commendation vendor, and, i would argue, even the columni/rakata vendors.

It is clear that Marauders were changed, very late in the process, from heavy armor to medium armor. Hell, I have personal friends ( not just some online friends, but people I went to college with, and were groomsmen in my wedding ) who beta tested, from early beta, telling me not to roll a marauder because -- EVEN IN BETA -- they were seen a gimped not only skill wise, but item wise as well.

**EDIT**

From my post in early-January when I first hit 50, you can see that commendation vendors, even late in the game, do not provide adequate marauder gear: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=127039

If you look at the marauder-specific relic, you can see just what a pain in the *** it is to get. I personally spent 6 hours getting it in game. Even then, I only found one rakata energy cube, and happened to stumble across others who would do the shard with me. You can find the best information about it here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=113717

No other class (besides republic equivalant to marauders) has to do anything of this scale. Really, it just adds insult to injury and is not enjoyable by even the most sadistic.

Edited by Tom_Joad

Makes me wonder what the beta testers were doing.

what we did and BW didnt care about

-server lagg

-ability delay

-lack of mara gear

-lack of teared PvP

-"lifeless" gameworld

-high definition textures

at least i did that, there were those stupid ****faces that were saying"omg best game ever

im so buying this shut up if you dont like it dont test it"; so i quess BW heard those comments instead of the ones from people realy testing the game.

I craft artifice, so i make hilts and all the mods for sabers, trust me the Might hilts I craft are more damage oriented than the guardian hilts. Might hilts give a good bit more strength which translates into more damage. So it might tell you it does 4 damage less but actually cause you to do 20 more.

No, the problem is that on any given commendation vendor, or regular mod vendor on a planet, the might versions of either hilts or armor are always 2 levels below those of not just guardian, but any other type of mods, gearing up vette, I could buy , for instance, 22 patron or skill gear, but only 20 might for my own toon.

I never got why its liek that.

I'm artifice too, I cant make purple 22 might hilts fast enough to keep them on the market on my server, once you get to 50 you need them, even the rakata stuff misses us out a bit.

I cant understand the reasoning behind any of it to be honest.

commendations in gernal don't offer the marauder any decent armor to begin with. of all the vendors iv ebeen to I may have found 2 pieces of armor worthwhile and now all the way on the level 41 planet belsavis I came across a decnet 44 helm. between finding nothing but inquistor oranges and heavy armor blues while questing, and having nothing but merc gear drop in flashpoints it has been a real struggle to get any decent armor at all.

if i wasn't an epic sword crafter I would be screwed during the leveling process entirely. thankfully all I need is a good weapon atm to get the job done