244 people in fleet, still takes 5+ minutes to get a warzone going?

Roshy

Next thing you know people will complain about 1 sec queue's and why it isn't 0.5 sec.

Wouldn't surprise me. I have watched a few live streams of WoW arenas/BG's etc and they always get so irate when they have to wait more than 2 minutes for a que to pop. Here is what is strange, on my old server (Rubat Crystal) right up until transfers, wz's were popping quite consistently. Now, on The Ebon Hawk I find myself waiting much longer than 5-10 minutes for a que to pop. IMO transfers didn't help much on that front.

I'm not trying to troll at all. When I asked in fleet about it, lots of people said they were waiting in Q. So if it is really them limitting the number of warzones based on HW, there has to be something they can do about it. Why wait if we don't have to.

I have to agree with you. It's not like we are only facing the reps, there are same faction WZs too.

I'd love for this question to be in a Q+A.

I believe there is another explanation. What's the other faction like? If there's fewer of them, that could be your answer. Doesn't the queue algorithm try to make opposing faction matches first, and then resorts to same faction after a few minutes?

So why not upgrade to slightly better hardware... this is almost as bad as when the server was dead

Here.... this is your troll comment. 5 minute queues versus 20 minutes to an hour or more on dead servers... yea, not even remotely close. I have yet to see a queue take longer than a few minutes, but I haven't timed it to see if it hit 5 minutes... i doubt it.

Thanks Bioware for listening to the players, exercising sound judgement, and facilitating a smooth transition for the majority of players to create a more pleasurable gaming experience.

A possible solution in the not too distant future could be to re-open world pvp objectives even if in a small capacity to help the OP find something else to focus on in the 300 seconds it takes for one queue to close and another to open.

The OP poses a valid question: why are there consistently 5-10min queues when 100 people are queuing?

It's annoying to have to sit around waiting for longer than when just 16 ppl were queuing on my old server.

And here is a valid response to your question: How do you know 100 are queuing for WZs? did you survey them? Did you include those on the fleet and all those level 10-50(depending on the bracket you are talking about) on each of the planets also queuing for WZs in your sample?

Once again, people are complaining just to complain or are being the type of creature said to live under bridges and give Billy Goats Gruff a hard time.

Just from an empirical observation, a lot of people are also doing 10-49 PvP (queues pop pretty fast), so let's say there are 10 active level 10-49 matches and 10 active level 50 matches. Assuming 16 per WZ that's 320 people in the 4 WZ, which seems like a high estimate even for populated serevrs (you should see 40 people on the instance counter for any random WZ you get into, even though the number is usually lower than that).

Assuming these matches last 15 minutes and are spaced perfectly even, you can still be waiting 1.5 minutes until the next match is ready.

Now throw in just some random luck and that there probably isn't 20 active WZ going on at the same time, it's not hard to see why you could need to wait 5 minutes for a WZ.

And here is a valid response to your question: How do you know 100 are queuing for WZs? did you survey them? Did you include those on the fleet and all those level 10-50(depending on the bracket you are talking about) on each of the planets also queuing for WZs in your sample?

Once again, people are complaining just to complain or are being the type of creature said to live under bridges and give Billy Goats Gruff a hard time.

I "know" at least 100 people are queuing because there are 6 lvl 50 WZs going and at least 4 of us queued on top of that (16 x 6 + 4 = 100).

Anymore stupid questions?

This might just blow your mind, Cerdo, but here it goes:

You say you know that there are 6 WZs happening at a given time and that you and 3 other people are waiting to get in. Isn't it possible that your queue isn't popping because there aren't another 12 people queuing along with your group? (i.e. all the other pvpers are in the 6 matches still in progress)

I don't know if there's a hard-cap on WZs or not, don't care because queues are popping all over the damn place. Even if there isn't a cap, though, your group is still allowed to get unlucky and be forced to wait on the other matches to finish.

Take your balls, place them on ice, and let them chill.

-Hedley Melange <Dynamic>, The Shadowlands-

I "know" at least 100 people are queuing because there are 6 lvl 50 WZs going and at least 4 of us queued on top of that (16 x 6 + 4 = 100).

Anymore stupid questions?

Change "I know" to "I think" and you got it.

Anymore stupid supposition?