The New Super PVP East Server

RobertoThePot

Well for the unlucky people (myself included) that was hoping that today your pvp east server was listed as origin transfer to the fatman you've been PWNED ... the new pvp east server is Prophecy of the Five ... Congrats to those lucky enough to have rerolled on the fatman and have the chance to consolidate all your characters in there... to the rest of us oh well ... guess you can have too much of a good thing.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for the unlucky people (myself included) that was hoping that today your pvp east server was listed as origin transfer to the fatman you've been PWNED ... the new pvp east server is Prophecy of the Five ... Congrats to those lucky enough to have rerolled on the fatman and have the chance to consolidate all your characters in there... to the rest of us oh well ... guess you can have too much of a good thing.

Thanks! I'm loving it. I gambled on The Fatman and I won! Woooooooooooo!

I too was hoping for my home server to be linked with Fatman. It was not, unfortunately.

However, I have an odd feeling that they're going to merge a metric-truckload of servers into Prophecy of the Five server to make it as big, if not bigger than Fatman.

Problem for me is that I lost both my names in this process. So it looks like my alts on Fatman will not become my mains ...

I too was hoping for my home server to be linked with Fatman. It was not, unfortunately.

However, I have an odd feeling that they're going to merge a metric-truckload of servers into Prophecy of the Five server to make it as big, if not bigger than Fatman.

Problem for me is that I lost both my names in this process. So it looks like my alts on Fatman will not become my mains ...

It won't be bigger then Fatman. at least, you better hope its not. Fatman was capped out last night. 500 people in the fleet. I actually lagged in the 300 person fleet, it was surreal.

You guys want something about 80-90% as big as Fatman, and this is very, very possible.

Seriously, good luck guys on The Five.

swindled by bioware again.....oh well...lets hope its not another dead server.

Whats so bad about that? if we can fill up The prophecy of the five just like fatman, then its all good. Lets not all be so "flavor of the month"

It's bad for me cause I rerolled on the fatman and when I saw tranfers to the fatman I got excited and I bet a lot of people got excited too, I'm not trying to be EMO here... i'm just saying some people good lucky cause they could consolidate all their characters in one server ... now I'll have to wait for paid transfer.

This is not intended to be a complainint thread, sorry if it made you think otherwise.

Edited by RobertoThePot

I have a feeling Prophecy will fail. Fatman had a foundation of active players to set a future for the server. Prophecy is all fence sitters on the edge of quitting. More than likely the lack of community and foundation will result in people just quitting. Or, all of us who rolled alts on fatman will just continue to play there. If we could get our toons off fatman, maybe it would encourage more play on Prophecy.... but with players I already know on fatman on my alt... I will probably just be a dead PotF account.

But, I could be wrong.

This is really bad news. I was one of the people that re-rolled on Fatman assuming that my PVP server would transfer there.

Thanks for nothing again. Why do I even continue playing this game? After this, I may not I guess.

It won't be bigger then Fatman. at least, you better hope its not. Fatman was capped out last night. 500 people in the fleet. I actually lagged in the 300 person fleet, it was surreal.

You guys want something about 80-90% as big as Fatman, and this is very, very possible.

Seriously, good luck guys on The Five.

I was on Fatman last night and only saw (2) instances on the Fleet.

Instance (1) had 270-299 people on it.

Instance (2) Had 50-100 people on it.

I too got lag on the 300 person Fleet and I have an absolute beast of a machine (I7 2700k @ 4.5, 8 GB GSkill, SLI GTX 580s, Intel 510 SSD (Raid)) ... Thing is, Fatman has the names I have always gone under. The transfer to PotF resulted in me losing both the names I've used since Ultima Online. So ya, looks like I'll be finishing up my toons on Fatman and making them my mains while leaving my (2) level 50's behind.

See you on Fatman!

This is really bad news. I was one of the people that re-rolled on Fatman assuming that my PVP server would transfer there.

Thanks for nothing again. Why do I even continue playing this game? After this, I may not I guess.

They never said that would be the case. You made a mistake, sucks but live with it.

I too got lag on the 300 person Fleet and I have an absolute beast of a machine (I7 2700k @ 4.5, 8 GB GSkill, SLI GTX 580s, Intel 510 SSD (Raid)) ... Thing is, Fatman has the names I have always gone under. The transfer to PotF resulted in me losing both the names I've used since Ultima Online. So ya, looks like I'll be finishing up my toons on Fatman and making them my mains while leaving my (2) level 50's behind.

See you on Fatman!

expect this. a lot of this.

If the devs do the right thing and move enough servers over to PotF, and this think still tanks somehow it's not their fault. It's the community's fault for being stubborn and impatient.

Yes yes, blame the community, as it is all their fault that BioWare poorly implemented server capacity out of the gate.

Guess what... When this new server fills up to the number of active peeps that GW wants, they'll do it again on another server. That gives us options, and I like options. Heck they have it all mapped out, and they are doing this slowly in case it doesn't go down the way they expect it to. Patience young ones. Your turn will come.

My personal guess is that we'll get down to 5 - 10 pvp servers in the east and in the west. Quit worrying. Be glad we're not all stuffed into fatman.

-Me

Yes yes, blame the community, as it is all their fault that BioWare poorly implemented server capacity out of the gate.

That screw up is over and done. They have the numbers, and they're putting people in the position to make a move. If people CHOOSE not to move and the server dies, then that's not the devs' fault.

The fact is, nearly every aspect of this game that has been a failure was something the community complained about the from the start. BW/EA refuses to listen to the community until it is too late ON EVERY OCCASION. And, they will do the same thing again until their population halves and they will listen to the advice of the community from months previous.

Everyone is worrying about the community on this new server....nay-sayers...instead of poo-pooing the inevitable transfer, how about we step up and make a community that rivals that of fatman. Even fatman started with zero population at one time and zero community...

Now if in a few months, when the 6-months and year subscribers run out and/if then our population blows, we can whine and ***** to our little heart's content. By then, anyway, I think we will know if BW was able to revive this game and if it is still worth wasting time playing.

See you on Fatman!

Were you playing on your old server before the transfer? No? Then you don't really count anyway. There were still more than enough active players on PvP East servers to make a thriving population elsewhere.

Seriously, 30 minute queues aren't worth being on any server. I'd rather be on P5 then sitting in a queue for 30 minutes just because I had a guy on Fatman.

Some people just lucked out, such is life. Everyone will be on an active server when this is done. All servers in NA that were loaded up yesterday had minimum loads of 'Heavy" in prime time.

It appears that, for the most part, Bioware is doing this right.

Here's a simple solution for those who made alts on Fatman and their origin servers went to P5.

Bioware just needs to do this

Enable Fatman ---> Prophecy of the Five.

That way people who are tired of Fatman or have original characters on servers that can transfer to P5 can also move their rerolls to P5 and be happy.

Unfortunately they picked a horrible server to be the 2nd East PVP Server.