Good Job Bioware

Prenavo

While I still believe a ton of things in this game need help, I will say that for me personally the server transfers were one of the best things to ever happen to SWTOR. It was very fast for me and my small guild to move over. It didn't even take five minutes to move all six of my characters to the new server. When we did get them moved over, I was amazed at the population of my new home. At one point there were over three-hundred people on the fleet. Our number was never higher than 20 or 30 before. People were calling out LFG's left and right and when I went to pvp I was surprised at how much more balanced the teams felt even when I went in with my lvl 50's. Overall, I'm impressed. I still think some other things need to come very soon to the game, but overall, this was an amazing and needed accomplishment. Very good job Bioware, keep up the good work.

To let me clarify, when I say balanced teams in pvp, I'm talking about how on my old server you could get into pvp and find that the other side was made up of like four troopers and four healers and vice versa for the imperial side and there snipers/marauders :) Now there seems to be a happy mix.

Couldn't agree more. Glad you beat me to a thread like this.

There is constant flame and people being unhappy - They need to be recognized for the good work they do.

Keep it up Bioware. This was the smoothest Character Transfer I have seen in the MMOs I have played.

I'm all for the transfers, I just wish that the people who came to my server would STOP complaining about how Bioware 'forced' them to transfer.

This transfer process was a completely free, completely optional, customer requested service. If you transferred, you chose to do so of your own free will. No one forced you to do anything.

The Server transver worked perfectly,

To bad i failed my self. On the destenation server I alread made 2 place holder chars (luck got luck on the destenation server). Couse i actualy wanted to switch the names of my 2 mains (Jucen and Pascale). So i transverd the first one (the least importen of the 2, named Pascale). And i could rename it, so i removed the placeholder (Jucen) i wanted to name that char. And rename the tranvert char. to bad i have dyslexia and made a typo in the name. (and i diddent see it)

After a hour a guildie that also transvert said, are you not Jucen. I like "yes...." He awnsers, you miss typed your name. That was the moment i discoved it. and when like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA G*ddam*t.

But by that time i also already know there are no take backs....

I'm all for the transfers, I just wish that the people who came to my server would STOP complaining about how Bioware 'forced' them to transfer.

This transfer process was a completely free, completely optional, customer requested service. If you transferred, you chose to do so of your own free will. No one forced you to do anything.

Go log on to one of those servers these people came from. when you're at the fleet and you're the only one there. At that point you've got a couple of options.. 1. Pretend you're Will Smith in I AM LEGEND, or 2, Find a new home or start over entirely on a new server. LA moved to EH. I got on Sanctum to avoid the trashy erp guilds in LA. Now Sanctum has moved to EH for the most part. Sanctum is pretty much dead, going to EH means dwelling among the pervs again. There are people actually doing SWTOR RP on EH so maybe the decent RP will balance out the long coat wearing hanging around the school yard types that moved to EH too.

Throwing my support and good vibes toward the CS team and those involved with the madness that is Server Transfers. Kudos!

There are many things that I think could and should be improved in the game but this was pretty smooth. Thanks to the OP for posting this.

What impressed me was the speed at which my characters were transferred.

I was really expecting it to take hours but it only took a few minutes.

I hope all future additions to this game are this smooth.