Ravage Bug? Or just the skill?

kuey

So all of yesterday I've been encountering this bug on my GS when fighting Marauders. Using pulse generator (kb) or a flash grenade (mezz) during Ravage had no effect. Now I don't have a Sentinel or Marauder at a high level, but as far as I know Ravage should be interruptible by either a kb, mezz or stun on any spec, or is there a way to gain immunity?

Before you ask, no, they did NOT have a full resolve bar. I didn't have my combat log up, so I'll try and get some today, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Also it wasn't the same person, it was several diff Sent/Maras I faced.

Silly question, but are you 100% sure they weren't Jugs/Guardians with Unremitting?

Yeah, if speced right they get 4 seconds of basically bend over because you cant do jack to them.

As for if they ARE mara/sent, alot is lag.... I do force camo and start ravage and get about 3/4 done before they move because of server lag and player lag i dont render fast enough ;D

Silly question, but are you 100% sure they weren't Jugs/Guardians with Unremitting?

Yeah, kinda hard to miss 2 glowsticks beating the living daylights out of you, not to mention Juggs/Guards don't have invis, undying rage, nor cloak of pain. I have a Guardian myself as well, so I'm 100% sure about it.

So all of yesterday I've been encountering this bug on my GS when fighting Marauders. Using pulse generator (kb) or a flash grenade (mezz) during Ravage had no effect. Now I don't have a Sentinel or Marauder at a high level, but as far as I know Ravage should be interruptible by either a kb, mezz or stun on any spec, or is there a way to gain immunity?

Before you ask, no, they did NOT have a full resolve bar. I didn't have my combat log up, so I'll try and get some today, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Also it wasn't the same person, it was several diff Sent/Maras I faced.

they get a passive so you cant interupt the ravage, but knock back does work against it if you have one and are rooted make sure you use it as ravage on geared mara's does about 16k

you can with knockback i do beleive

It makes sense that it would work, I was looking for where I read Ravage can't be interrupted, one of the billion threads complaining about Maras I suppose. Though in my personal experience I've never seen Ravage end early unless I moved or used another ability. But I can't remember an instance where someone has knocked me back while using it so I can't say if that would work or not, but I have seen the last hit land on people who've run out of melee range.

they get a passive so you cant interupt the ravage, but knock back does work against it if you have one and are rooted make sure you use it as ravage on geared mara's does about 16k

I'm aware of the passive ability in Carnage/Combat specs that makes it uninterruptable, that however only affects interrupt skills (e.g. diversion) not KBs, stuns, or mezzes. My own guardian gets interrupted occasionally with those skills. My problem here is that none of those seemed to work on my GS, which really sucks since it means I'm copping a full Ravage which, with an adrenal and relic popped, is usually half the HP pool of a BM geared GS (I'm also aware I can activate dodge to negate it, but it's not always up and has a CD twice as long as that of ravage).

I'm aware of the passive ability in Carnage/Combat specs that makes it uninterruptable, that however only affects interrupt skills (e.g. diversion) not KBs, stuns, or mezzes. My own guardian gets interrupted occasionally with those skills. My problem here is that none of those seemed to work on my GS, which really sucks since it means I'm copping a full Ravage which, with an adrenal and relic popped, is usually half the HP pool of a BM geared GS (I'm also aware I can activate dodge to negate it, but it's not always up and has a CD twice as long as that of ravage).

Carnage/Combat specs only change ravage/master strike to root the target for its duration. Ravage/Masterstrike across ALL specs/classes that can use it are uninterruptable.

That being said, however, stuns, mezzes, knockbacks, knockdowns, etc. all still work to interrupt it. Either it was a bug, lag (they might have begun their ravage on you outside of the range of your knockback, but still within range for ravage to register despite wherever they may have appeared to display on your screen due to lag), or they may have had their back to an object (thus, when you used your knockback, they didn't actually move) and waited to activate ravage until AFTER you used your knockback.

I can tell you that stuns/knockbacks/etc. were certainly still interrupting my carnage marauder's ravage last night, heh.

Carnage/Combat specs only change ravage/master strike to root the target for its duration. Ravage/Masterstrike across ALL specs/classes that can use it are uninterruptable.

That being said, however, stuns, mezzes, knockbacks, knockdowns, etc. all still work to interrupt it. Either it was a bug, lag (they might have begun their ravage on you outside of the range of your knockback, but still within range for ravage to register despite wherever they may have appeared to display on your screen due to lag), or they may have had their back to an object (thus, when you used your knockback, they didn't actually move) and waited to activate ravage until AFTER you used your knockback.

I can tell you that stuns/knockbacks/etc. were certainly still interrupting my carnage marauder's ravage last night, heh.

Ah thanks for the correction, forgot it was the root affect that's unique to Carnage specs (mine isn't high enough to benefit from that particular skill yet).

As for the other issues, if it was server lag then the effects of my skill would of played out afterwards, which they did not. As for them waiting till after my defensive measures, that's also a non-issue since each time the damage from their ravage was already being registered and they were midway through the animation each time before I moved to stop them (I usually get in my countermeasures between the 2nd and 3rd hits). I tried PvPing with my Sage and had no problems knocking them back. I'll try it again tomorrow on my GS and see how it goes.

As for the other issues, if it was server lag then the effects of my skill would of played out afterwards, which they did not. .

Not always - it might display immediately on your screen. And if they were lagged (or bugged, which force charge/force leap certainly tend to cause frequently) they may have activated ravage on you while you were moving near them and you continued to move to where they appeared to be (but aren't) and it just so happens that activating your ability would be useless since they weren't actually within range of it - pretty sure cover pulse's range is ~8m radius - ravage's damage can register on target that have moved 12m away (that's the farthest I've seen - and it's supposed to be 10m - possibly registered at 12m due to lag).