Marauder or Jugg

Kira_Sidian

I chose Marauder just because I thought dual wielding looked killer and I have loved every minute of it. I have a friend leveling a Jugg and he's having a blast with it as well. The story line is the same.

It is cool that you can wear heavy armor as a Jugg...and you have more options (being a tank). From what I've read - they pull similar DPS...

DPS as a Rage specced Juggernaut is quite fun. Dealing up to 5k damage (with a geared 50) in one Smash hit makes for very good burst DPS. There are many videos of Rage Juggernauts on YouTube, considerably more then Immortal or Veangence.

Can't decide what to roll as my next 50. Tanking is enjoyable for me but not a must, have a powertech to tank on. I just want which is the MOST FUN, not most OP atm =D

Got a Guardian and a Marauder, both levelled pre-buff. Leveling-wise, marauder was much less painful, because Guardian damage is awful till you get to mid-upper tiers of the damage trees, while your mitigation is mostly CC-based. Both classes are "top-heavy", but the Guardian\Juggernaut seems to gain strength only in late 40s, whereas the Marauder feels great from much earlier levels (26-ish, I think).

Top level fun-factor - it's quite a tossup. Guardian is exceptionally dynamic and fun to play as a tank in PvP, but as DPS, it seems like a watered-down Marauder for the most part. As a Marauder, I have a lot more fun cracking skulls. The only thing I'm kind of missing is Push, but it's not something I'd complain about.

Juggernaut is fun, I enjoy it more then my sentinel, but I feel way WAY weaker in comparison, both in dps and survivability. I wish endure pain was a permanent heal and enraged defense healed without the need of taking damage. As is my sentinel can live twice as long with dots+zen constantly up + better defensive CD's overall. It's kind of depressing given that I really love playing my juggernaut.

I went with Juggernaut because:

1) One light-saber feels more unique than a lol-wut-dps-try-hard holding 2.

2) Classic star wars style.

3) There's a tanking spec, which allows me to lul@you in warzones.

4) Gear looks better.

5) "Juggernaut" as a class name is definitely more bad *** than "Marauder".

6) DPS is pretty much the same as the Marauder's DPS after points are wisely spent in the trees and gear is good

good enough.

The Juggernaut is going to feel like crap until the mid-30's where you get Sweeping Slash, Force Push, Savage Kick, Saber Throw and the level 30 skill.

I hated my Juggernaut for the first 30 levels, but when I finally got all of the above (Saber Throw at level 36), I fell completely in love with it. It's downright ridiculous how much the gameplay changes in those few levels. One moment I was ready to delete my character and start over as a Marauder, the next I'm feeling like a total boss.

Poor design on BioWare's part, but meh.