Should I stay or should I go?

Nikoagonistes

Playing as an Imperial Agent, I've had the dubious luck of getting to my class quests somewhat ahead of schedule. Currently my mission is to:

confront the Eagle himself on Hutta

but it's a level 32 mission, and I've just managed to get to 31. What do you think I should do - should I try and complete the mission a level early, or just try and grind through Alderaan until I hit the needed level?

(This has happened to me before - IIRC on Tatooine the quests were ahead of my level, despite the fact I had completed the story quests up to that point, so I went around Nar Shadda fighting criminals and all that so I could get to where I needed to be.)

What do you think?

In my experience, being one level behind isn't really a big deal. It depends on how confident you've been feeling about your previous boss/champion attempts. I don't recall that encounter being particularly difficult. I can definitely say that when you reach the final fight of chapter 1 (which is not confronting the Eagle, it'll be after Alderaan), you may want to get a level or two, just because it's often reported as being fairly difficult. Edited by chuixupu

My agent did most of her stuff slightly underlevelled. She was motivated. It shouldn't be a problem, although it may take a few tries. If it is a problem, go do something else and go back and get a level or two. Not really a big deal either way.

The Eagle isn't all that hard at level 31. However the next fight (needed to complete Act 1) is a lot tougher.

Now you can talk your way out of the fight in a number of ways. (And it's completable at 31 - I managed it, although it wasn't a fun battle.) But that's the fight you should be worried about. (Again, though, you can talk your way through it if you don't want the epic battle of doom.)

You can do all missions as long as you are not more that 3 lvls below the NPCs on that mission, above that they will resist and or dodge a lot of your abilities which makes the missions VERY hard.

I finished the agent story line at lvl 47, go figure.

Edited by Bazzoong

You can do all missions as long as you are not more that 3 lvls below the NPCs on that mission, above that they will resist and or dodge a lot of your abilities which makes the missions VERY hard.

I finished the agent story line at lvl 47, go figure.

Almost correct, 4 levels below is the lowest you can do a mission. You don`t get misses/dodge/resists/deflects so much that it would be detrimental, but if you get 5 levels lower, it`s impossible to kill a mob, you have above 90% miss rate, or something crazy like that.

I did many of the end chapter missions 3-4 levels below, it wasn`t that bad xD but it is harder than at the right level. Although 1 level below shouldn`t really matter at all.

Yeah you should be fine. I dont remember the Eagle being particularly difficult either, its the fight after it that's the total b**ch.

If you run into problems, then run a Bonus Series and get the level up or at least close to leveling up, or Q up for a bit of PvP, since that can be an excellent way of gaining experience as well as credits in the 10-50 bracket.