The next large PVP East Server Speculation Thread

Koenig-O-Riain

I got put into bondar crystal because i was an east coast server. I don't want to be put on a west coast server, that kind of time difference can make/break the game for some people. Move east coasters to fat man, increase it's population cap. At this point, anything other then fatman for the remaining east coast pvp servers like mine will be very disappointing and feel very 2nd rate. And moving us to west coast is an awful idea.

I agree but, if there is no choice I would rather be put on a west coast server than be screwed out of a amazing server that everyone else got into.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree but, if there is no choice I would rather be put on a west coast server than be screwed out of a amazing server that everyone else got into.

They just need to continue to raise the server cap of fatman and add us to it. Moving to a west coast server would be such a terrible move. At this point people on my server are already talking about quitting if we don't land on fatman (Abit childish and i'm here for the longhaul and support bioware, but I will admit to being massively disappointed if my server doesn't make it there). I don't want to move to west coast server, I don't want to be stuck on a 2nd rate server while everyone is on the super server... i want to be on that server as well. They need to find a way to make it happen, hell I'd pay to transfer there.

They just need to continue to raise the server cap of fatman and add us to it. Moving to a west coast server would be such a terrible move. At this point people on my server are already talking about quitting if we don't land on fatman (Abit childish and i'm here for the longhaul and support bioware, but I will admit to being massively disappointed if my server doesn't make it there). I don't want to move to west coast server, I don't want to be stuck on a 2nd rate server while everyone is on the super server... i want to be on that server as well. They need to find a way to make it happen, hell I'd pay to transfer there.

lol, i would dish out 15 bucks to guarantee my spot on fatman. If you had a choice, would you rather have the "2nd class server", lower pop than the rest of the destination servers or go to full to the brim server on the west coast?

I agree 100%, i'm pulling for fatman but im starting to lose hope and i'm on a bad server as well, veela. only 10 50's on max during peak hours.

lol, i would dish out 15 bucks to guarantee my spot on fatman. If you had a choice, would you rather have the "2nd class server", lower pop than the rest of the destination servers or go to full to the brim server on the west coast?

I agree 100%, i'm pulling for fatman but im starting to lose hope and i'm on a bad server as well, veela. only 10 50's on max during peak hours.

I'm not gonna threaten to quit, and I won't be QQ'ing on the forums... but it will be so very disappointing if they put us on west coast or on a 2nd rate east coast pvp server. I would gladly pay the fee to transfer to fatman, hell I'd pay double. I both anticipate and dread tomorrow's transfers as I suspect my server will be listed and if it isn't fatman, I know i'll be demoralized and disappointed for the first time since SWTOR's release.

Edited by justandulas

I'm not gonna threaten to quit, and I won't be QQ'ing on the forums... but it will be so very disappointing if they put us on west coast or on a 2nd rate east coast pvp server. I would gladly pay the fee to transfer to fatman, hell I'd pay double. I both anticipate and dread tomorrow's transfers as I suspect my server will be listed and if it isn't fatman, I know i'll be demoralized and disappointed for the first time since SWTOR's release.

I honestly believe they will add more servers to the Fatman, I just don;t know how many more.

I honestly believe they will add more servers to the Fatman, I just don;t know how many more.

I desperately hope mine is one since I don't want to be forced to go west coast or anything, and I can reunite with lost friends that rerolled there. I'm dreading tomorrow's announcement as much as I am anticipating it. I hope they can make room for everyone on fatman to be honest, I don't want any of the remaining 19 PVP servers to be left high and dry.

Guys.

Fatman had larger queues 2 weeks ago.

We have lost more people than we have gained in the past 3 days.

Fatman needs all the east coast pvp servers.

Oh believe me yoda, we want to join fatman. Anything else would be so very underwhelming

B/W knows that we all want on the fatman and the other Top servers. Now how they deal with it is gonna sway alot of people to a keep playing or b quit. I love this game and want to enjoy it to the fullest. that all i ask of B/W. Let us play this game to the fullest. Us paying subs. are a dieing breed!!

Guys.

Fatman had larger queues 2 weeks ago.

We have lost more people than we have gained in the past 3 days.

Fatman needs all the east coast pvp servers.

Hah, I was on fleet earlier and we were close to filling up the second fleet instance, that hasn't happened on fatman since I rerolled there. They have raised the cap since last week, and it has a very high cap right now (after checking out ebon which hit queue first, it actually looks like they have varying "full" capacity now too as using /who the fatty had more people than ebon but was not yet in a queue like ebon) Despite server status fatman is still fuller than everyone else it would seem.

I know how much this might piss people off, but if they are intending to put more people on fatty, I would really wish they roll through the weekend as is before they finish transfers so we (and they) can see how much they can play with the caps before everything is set in stone.

Edited by Maxil

If thats the case, how is it that Drooga's Pleasure Palace and The Bastion are currently reading FULL, even though they were filled with largely dead servers?

we dont know their HW architecture, if it is redesigned as a cluster or cloud computing,

the cap can be raised.

well there are 24 eastcoast servers rigth now. 7 of them have been set to transfer to fatman, so thats 8 out of 24. if they stopped transferring to fatman, that still leaves 16 servers to transfer together, so i really dont think we will have a big problem here... there is still more then enough people to make another full server.

well there are 24 eastcoast servers rigth now. 7 of them have been set to transfer to fatman, so thats 8 out of 24. if they stopped transferring to fatman, that still leaves 16 servers to transfer together, so i really dont think we will have a big problem here... there is still more then enough people to make another full server.

there is 19 pvp east left currently.....

16 dead servers will not be enough to make a 3k concurrent community.

Its just not going to happen.

16 dead servers will not be enough to make a 3k concurrent community.

Its just not going to happen.

It sadly won't be enough. All of us light servers together would equal about half of fatman. There's no way for that to not feel 2nd rate. It will feel like being on the price is right and your opponent wins a new car/trip to europe... and all you won was a washer and dryer.

It's become a fatman or bust scenario for the remaining pvp east coast servers. West coast isn't an option, rp pvp isnt an option, and being put on a 2nd rate server while everyone else parties on the fatman would feel so very disheartening and disappointing. I anticipate my server being moved tomorrow, but dread it at the same time because I know if it isn't to the fatman there's no way I won't feel disappointed in the consolation prize.

Edited by justandulas

Fatman is about to tap out now.

Not sure they want to risk adding more servers to it, especially considering LOADS of people haven't migrated yet.

I would happily wait in que or pay to transfer to fatman, anything else will feel very disappointing.

Not sure they want to risk adding more servers to it, especially considering LOADS of people haven't migrated yet.

Lets wait till tomorrow, if the new East PvP server doesnt have the same or more population than fatman, dont know whats gonna happen. They shouldnt allow transfers to Fatman in the 1st place.

I play on Anchorhead server PvP east. Today at peak hours we had a max of 40 on the fleet. I believe the imps have more population. If there are 19 servers, lets say an average of 25 people on fleet at peak that would be 475 players online during prime gaming hours.Seems pretty decent to me... Honestly anything is better then having 30-40 players on fleet at prime time. Now if they decide to keep putting people on Fatman thats fine by me as well. Close to 1,000 players on a server would be pretty epic for dungeon finder in 1.3. Either way I think it will work out. Don't be upset if we are not moved to Fatman. We will build a great server wherever they put us.

Guess we'll see what happens. I'm really hoping that everyone will just get to go to Fatman, since I'm very skeptical any other combination of servers will get close to it's population.

We don't know if they can further increase the population cap on Fatman. That might be part of the delay with transfers. Taking some resources from one shard and putting it towards another. Anyway...hopefully the rest of the transfers will be done tomorrow.

Yea whether its 16 or 19 or whatever servers, together and wherever, we will make it great! So great the Fatmanians will start reroling to us. :D

Also consider if Fatman is so overloaded all the new people who buy the game on the East Coast will probobly be only allowed to roll to us. Also consider all the people that quit on any of the 16-19 servers, if they return, will transfer to us.

We'll have 19 servers to feed us and Fatman will have 8.

Of coarse the best case scenario is for all of us to be on Fatman, but if that is not in the cards because of technical limitations, it all will be good regardless.

Finally Vulkar Highway is a great server for a destination as the sides are already balanced and equally competitive. If Anchorhead really is a bigger server and the better choice that's fine also. Either way it's nice to have survived to be considered number two or even number three for the East Coast. :)

I play on Anchorhead server PvP east. Today at peak hours we had a max of 40 on the fleet. I believe the imps have more population. If there are 19 servers, lets say an average of 25 people on fleet at peak that would be 475 players online during prime gaming hours.Seems pretty decent to me... Honestly anything is better then having 30-40 players on fleet at prime time. Now if they decide to keep putting people on Fatman thats fine by me as well. Close to 1,000 players on a server would be pretty epic for dungeon finder in 1.3. Either way I think it will work out. Don't be upset if we are not moved to Fatman. We will build a great server wherever they put us.

that is where you are wrong. my server helm of gruash at peak had like 10 in fleet tonight and that is a rarity. It normally has like 3-7 in fleet at peak times. i hate to say it but that 475 number would be closer to 200 maybe 240.

heck i have leveled to 30 so far and havent had more than 3 people on any planet yet.

Edited by Dubbya