Gearing up T7 before final fight...

Tarakona

I'm coming close to finishing my class storyline and I remember reading about the final fight where you are only able to use T7 and it's a good idea to gear him up before it. Being as I'm too lazy to scroll through the threads to find it :p, and I'm too lazy to leave Corellia to go get T7's gear....I assume there's a point where you leave Corellia to go fight the...uh...final boss on a ship/station somewhere else in which I could go fly by the fleet first?

Or is it like half the people say and not even worth it because T7 will be useless regardless anyway?

- 3/4 of the way to the Emperor you will enter a temple

- On the floor there are some red light beams

- click on the pillars and organize the red lights to make the empire ensignia

- a chest at the end will become clickable and inside is some lvl 50 gear for T7 (its green but still cheaper than buying it all)

NB:

I dont remember the order for making the empire symbol but you should be able to search for it on here.

Goodluck!

To be honest (not trying to be a troll or brag) i one shotted this, and havent geared T7 since i got him, yea T7 died but i was rather dissapointed in how easy the emporer was.....and not sure why everybody is having so much trouble.......i did use my int. when needed though, wether it be leap...the kick one, and the force choke one.

- 3/4 of the way to the Emperor you will enter a temple

- On the floor there are some red light beams

- click on the pillars and organize the red lights to make the empire ensignia

- a chest at the end will become clickable and inside is some lvl 50 gear for T7 (its green but still cheaper than buying it all)

NB:

I dont remember the order for making the empire symbol but you should be able to search for it on here.

Goodluck!

Oh yeah, I remember reading about that. Is it just some slots or all the slots?

To be honest (not trying to be a troll or brag) i one shotted this, and havent geared T7 since i got him, yea T7 died but i was rather dissapointed in how easy the emporer was.....and not sure why everybody is having so much trouble.......i did use my int. when needed though, wether it be leap...the kick one, and the force choke one.

On other classes I've breezed through fights that others have found to be impossible. I'm hoping this is the case as well. Additionally, I've felt so OP lately against several bosses now that I have 4 legacy attacks unlocked (all the Imperial ones). Just those 4 moves alone usually knock the boss down to half health.

What spec were you?

Edited by Tarakona

I'm like you in that I tend to do well with bosses others do not for some reason. For this fight, my T7 was partially geared--I did get the five items from the puzzle chest and had added a couple others a few days before though.

For myself, I was level 47, combat/watchman hybrid, and was disappointed with the fight as well. As with a few of our bosses there are some key strategies needed. In this one I saw what needed to be done fairly quickly and it ended much more easily than I'd have liked. I won't share that unless you really want to read it (though it has been shared in a few other threads on this topic and within spoiler tags usually).

Note that there is a bug with the puzzle on ATI cards. A few have posted workarounds for this, and I can find my detailed write-up for it if needed as well.

Speaking of T7 gear, I'm planning to gear him with commendation mods and crafted enchancments. I just want to ask if anybody else has tried this and how it compares to the stuff you get in the ancient chest?

Thanks for all the tips. I actually was able to replace all of T7's gear on the right side from the Corellia quest rewards leading up to heading to Dromand Kaas. Go figure the servers went down right when I was about to head there. We'll see how this works out...been actually looking forward to this fight for a while :p.

I got all the way to T7's magical box of gear before the boss but couldn't open it. Restarted the instance, still no go. Left, spent 300k on gear for him, came back, and didn't even use him. I LOS the boss and killed him without losing hardly any HP. They have nerfed the final boss a bit since then though.

Okay well that was very disappointing. Being that this is my 5th class I've finished now, this has got to be the worst designed fight I've done thus far. It took me 6 or 7 tries before I finally dropped him. The first 2 tries I was basically trying to figure what he was doing and which moves I needed to interrupt. The next 3 tries got bugged out. One, he one shotted me 4 seconds into the fight. The second, I had him down to 50% health and suddenly there were 15 clones -_-'. And the third, well I tried the pillar hopping and got stuck inside a pillar.

First you have no choice for a companion. Second, if you don't 1-shot this fight you're forced to run up to him, then run back down. That's a horrible pull. AoE's do not work on the clones. T7 is a damage sponge and the best I ever got out of him was 50% of the Emperor's health before he died. And finally the Emperor has 4 cast moves and you have to be very wise about which ones and when to interrupt.

The final boss of the IA has 2 moves you need to interrupt but depending on your spec, you can interrupt them every time. The SW boss you have to fight 3 times but you don't have to deal with clones or a bad pull. You can actually use the environment to limit the knock back. The BH fight I don't even remember because I facerolled it. The SI fight has to be done twice but was standard tank and spank that lasted quite long (I was tank specced) but interrupts were straightforward and usable when needed. And all four of those allowed you to use any companion you wanted.

So regardless if some people facerolled this fight or not, it is still badly designed. I was at 1k health when I finished. I've never finished any elite fight that low. Fights are normally made so that there's a mechanic behind it and once you understand it, it shouldn't be a problem (that's not to say it won't be tough but at least you know what you're supposed to do). I felt like I beat this one out of sure luck. I can see how many have problems with it.

Okay well that was very disappointing. Being that this is my 5th class I've finished now, this has got to be the worst designed fight I've done thus far. It took me 6 or 7 tries before I finally dropped him. The first 2 tries I was basically trying to figure what he was doing and which moves I needed to interrupt. The next 3 tries got bugged out. One, he one shotted me 4 seconds into the fight. The second, I had him down to 50% health and suddenly there were 15 clones -_-'. And the third, well I tried the pillar hopping and got stuck inside a pillar.

So regardless if some people facerolled this fight or not, it is still badly designed. I was at 1k health when I finished. I've never finished any elite fight that low. Fights are normally made so that there's a mechanic behind it and once you understand it, it shouldn't be a problem (that's not to say it won't be tough but at least you know what you're supposed to do). I felt like I beat this one out of sure luck. I can see how many have problems with it.

There is another way ;) And no, I do not mean a bugged way.

Edited by Onyx

I bugged out on Force bomb interrupt a few times

Still not sure what T7s point was for being there, seemed a waste

to be honest, the only reason T7 was there for me was to enable my use of heroic moment, sacrifice and Unity (and i "wasted" my heroic moment because i used it on the first try and as i didn't know about the force blast (there's nothing to hint to you "this thing will 1 shot you no matter what") and ate a 40k hit)

I know the answer to this..

Ok, as far as I know when you go to fight the boss, there will be some imp insignia things you can play with. Not sure on the full story, but if you get some stuff in the right order it will give you a box with some droid parts for him.

Going in, I knew the fight was "bugged" as has been mentioned. For some, the fight was very easy because they one shot the boss and apparently it works both ways.

So... I was ready for just about anything. I had T7 geared up as best I could including a couple of purples I managed to find. And I knew that I had to interrupt him as much as possible.

The fight was absolutely awesome for me. It didn't bug out either way. With T7 well geared he pulled aggro and I focused on the boss. It was a tough fight too. I interrupted everything I could, but still it came down to me and him going toe to toe. In the end, I got him and as I finished my adrenaline was pumping and I had a big smile on my face. No kiting, no pillars just a freaking burn down. T7 survived, the little guy took care of the clones for me which was awesome.

So I guess milage will vary. However, I would like to do it again even now. But they really should fix the bugs. It's a great ending if you the fight doesn't bug out. Well, it was for me anyway.

Emporer was squishy, just that he woudl use his intsa-kill lightning attack, but I still needed T7 with good armor so he could take a couple hits while I killed the boss.

It is very very important to gear him up if you are going to solo it. Because boss hits like a truck. If you are going to get carried then no.

Well, if bioware did their job right, it should be solo-able with technically any companion, why T7 is forced into it, i will never understand, but considering the fact that without Doc to keep you alive, all jedi knights tend to die ALOT due to lack of survivability, which other classes do not suffer from and the reason it hasn't been fixed yet is because everyone that does want it fixed just gets a 'L2P noob' and gets flamed off of the forums.

Hence why i don't bother trying to offer suggestions to fix things anymore, causde i just get flamed off of the forums, most likely players afraid of change or something.

Well, if bioware did their job right, it should be solo-able with technically any companion, why T7 is forced into it, i will never understand, but considering the fact that without Doc to keep you alive, all jedi knights tend to die ALOT due to lack of survivability, which other classes do not suffer from and the reason it hasn't been fixed yet is because everyone that does want it fixed just gets a 'L2P noob' and gets flamed off of the forums.

Hence why i don't bother trying to offer suggestions to fix things anymore, causde i just get flamed off of the forums, most likely players afraid of change or something.

It depends on your spec but tank specced/geared guardians can solo stuff with a decently geared dps companion. I myself use Kira over doc when questing due to it being faster. I only pull out Doc on the group quests now pretty much.

Anyways, the fight has been nerfed in the past if I recall and it's quite easy if you focus on the boss himself and interrupt his oneshot ability.

Edited by Philmors