EUROPE

PVE - Stereb Cities ->The Jedi Tower

PVE - Eye of Ashlanae -> The Red Eclipse

PVE - Phateem Halls of Knowledge -> Mantle of the Force

PVP - The Restoration Zone -> Jar'Kai Sword

PVP - The Shadow Runner -> Tomb of Freedon Nadd

PVP - Mecrosa Order -> Darth Nihilus

Transfer Details: http://www.swtor.com/transfer

Keep in mind that we're going to be updating this list with eligible servers on a regular basis. This just represents the first group of eligible servers. We're monitoring how well the service is currently handling the load and I'll have a more solid update for you folks later today, but you can take "regularly" to mean that it won't be a week or a month for the next update.

I also wanted to point out that this process was outlined in our community blog last week and in our main transfer thread here. Specifically:

This process will be gradual and staged over time. Despite huge improvements being made to the Character Transfer Service by our server team, there are millions of characters to be moved and there is a limit to how many can be moved daily. We want your character to be transferred as quickly as possible, but we will need you to be patient as the process completes.

The Weekly Q&A is not the place to put critical information about something so important to most players that are still playing the game.This deserved its own thread stickied on the top of the General Discussion.

As the server transfer list is increased on a "regular" basis, can we expect to see scheduled maintenance each day?

Nope!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

Since the previous thread passed the 1k mark, we've gone ahead and recreated it here so you can continue your discussion regarding the transfer servers.

Please keep a couple things in mind as you participate in the discussion:

• Rude comments are not allowed - Please be respectful to others, even if you do not like or agree with their opinion.
  • Spam - no topic posts, or off topic posts whose purpose is to derail the discussion are not allowed.
  • Disruptive Behavior - Posts whose sole purpose is to cause a disruption, provoke negative replies and flames are not allowed.
  • Discussion of Moderation - If you have a concern or an issue with a moderator's action, please send us an email. Creating posts and threads regarding moderation is not allowed.

A compilation of Joveth's replies from the previous thread can be found in the below post.

Joveth's responses from the previous thread:

Keep in mind that we're going to be updating this list with eligible servers on a regular basis. This just represents the first group of eligible servers. We're monitoring how well the service is currently handling the load and I'll have a more solid update for you folks later today, but you can take "regularly" to mean that it won't be a week or a month for the next update.

I also wanted to point out that this process was outlined in our community blog last week and in our main transfer thread here. Specifically:

This process will be gradual and staged over time. Despite huge improvements being made to the Character Transfer Service by our server team, there are millions of characters to be moved and there is a limit to how many can be moved daily. We want your character to be transferred as quickly as possible, but we will need you to be patient as the process completes.

No disrespect Jonathan, but again this is you being out of touch with your community. The Weekly Q&a is filled with information about the game all over... This is not the place to put Critical information about something so important to most players that are still playing the game. This deserved its on thread stickied on the top of the general Discussion
It is: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=255

I have a serious question in regards to all of this... as the server transfer list is increased on a "regular" basis... can we expect to see scheduled maintenance each day?
Nope!

We have now opened up more servers that are eligible for character transfers:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=4605947&postcount=2

Hey Joveth while you are looking. Have you seen the posts in this thread about duplicates or extra character slots being reserved when people are transferring their initial characters? Would be nice to get updates on how transfers are progressing and if you guys are fixing problems like that.
We have since made a change on our side that should prevent this issue from happening. If you were in this state before the fix was implemented, please see this workaround. CS has gotten a list of people affected (it was a small list) and they are helping them each out individually. Please let us know if you see any other issues.

As a reminder, you can check this stickied thread for any new server updates. www.swtor.com/transfer will be updated shortly but for now, please go to the stickied thread.
Edited by Qishari

We have updated servers - edit OP?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477706

UPDATE 11:15AM CDT June 12th, 2012

Origin Server --> Destination Server

NA Server

The Courageous --> Canderous Ordo

Kath Hound --> The Ebon Hawk

Ven Zallow --> Jung Ma

Fa'athra --> Drooga's Pleasure Barge

Lord Ieldis --> Begeren Colony

European Server (German)

Zayne Carrick --> Vanjervalis Chain

European Server (English)

Shaltin Tunnels --> The Progenitor

European Server (French)

Kessel Run --> Battle Meditation

Edited by jgelling

I hope I find out bondar crystals fate today. I hope it's either a destination server, or they ship us off to the fatman.

My guess is that they will add a few more gradually before 5pm EST and then monitor the number of transfers and how the system can handle it and after a few hours of "prime time" start opening the valves a bit more.

But that is just conjecture.

Serious Question for Bioware Reps:

If we end up being an origin server when our server shows up, can we make characters on that destination server to reserve names? And if so, when we transfer characters and already have 8 slots full for reserved names, how would that transfer work? Would we be able to remove the reserved characters at that time and not be forced to rename our characters being transfers?

Too little in the ways of reassurance along name reservations. Thanks.

To those that are upset about only doing this gradually you need to realize the amount of load something like this can put on a database. I have no doubt they will get to all the servers in the next day or so, but doing them all at start would have been irresponsible.

Are you living in 2004-2007? Who mentioned WoW? Oh, that's right, no one but you. I avoided WoW like the plague. Why don't you take a more recent example: Rift. Trion offers free server transfers to a server of your choice, max one move per week, and they'll even more guilds for you! Yeah, too good to be true if your expectations are bound to Bioware's transfer-on-rails. No thank you.

Are you living in 1997? Cause thats when UO that you mentioned camed out. So since you were going back to the beginning of MMOs, and said it was the worst ever, I thought a comparison to the biggest most successful MMO in history would be appropriate. Silly me.

To sum up the last 1000 posts:

Angry customer: ***, this isnt what I thought gradual meant

Happy fanboy: this is totally what I thought gradual meant, you guys should learn to read

Bioware: let us clarify with more subjective, vague statements on what gradual might mean while we defend our right to be gradual and subjective and provide as little information as possible

My guess is that they will add a few more gradually before 5pm EST and then monitor the number of transfers and how the system can handle it and after a few hours of "prime time" start opening the valves a bit more.

But that is just conjecture.

Whether it's today, or later this week is fine with me. I have waited this long for a solution, afew more days won't hurt. Im hoping that my server is either a destination server, or we get shipped off to fatman. I'd have to leave one mildly populated server for another low pop one.

An up-to-date list, just for reference:

1. Keller's Void to Jedi Covenant
  2. Hedarr Soongh to The Fatman
  3. Fa'athra to Drooga's Pleasure Barge
  4. Kath Hound to The Ebon Hawk
  5. Zayne Carrick to Vanjervalis
  6. Chain Eye of Ashlanae to The Red Eclipse
  7. The Shadow Runner to Tomb of Freedon Nadd
  8. Kessel Run to Battle Meditation
  9. Ven Zallow to Jung Ma
  10. The Courageous to Canderous Ordo
  11. Rakata Mind Prison to The Bastion
  12. Soresu to The Harbinger
  13. Lord Ieldis to Begeren Colony
  14. Shaltin Tunnels to The Progenitor
  15. Mecrosa Order to Darth Nihilus
  16. Stereb Cities to The Jedi Tower
  17. The Restoration Zone to Jar'Kai Sword
  18. Phateem Halls of Knowledge to Mantle of the Force

As I was attempting to post in the other topic - I'm concerned about Lord Adraas being migrated to Ebon Hawk, because it's one thing to migrate people off a ghost town, quite another to do so on one of the few well populated servers running.

To move that many people, there are going to be a lot of people who don't move because they still have a substantial number of friends and RP buddies there. So you end up with a half arsed migration over all.

Whether it's today, or later this week is fine with me. I have waited this long for a solution, afew more days won't hurt. Im hoping that my server is either a destination server, or we get shipped off to fatman. I'd have to leave one mildly populated server for another low pop one.

Is your server in the same region (West Cost, East Cost, etc) and the same type?

Just hoping that Sith Wyrm is a target server for transfers. We still have a healthy Imperial presence. Hopefully it will bring some republic players over to us.

might bring me back if they do. Last i logged on was 3 weeks ago, 7pm server, 8 people on the Rep Fleet.

feelsbadman.jpg

Is your server in the same region (West Cost, East Cost, etc) and the same type?

Yea, east coast and PVP. It's why I have small hopes that if my server is to be transferred, I hope it ends up with fatman as I know alot of friends that rerolled there. If not, I would hope that we are a destination server. Either way, today has brought alot of good news to people waiting for transfers/relief.

EDIT: The irony is that I wanted to go to fatman at launch but stuck with bondar crystal because it's where Bioware stuck my guild pre launch. Oh well, it is what it is. At least the problems are being addressed

Edited by justandulas

As I was attempting to post in the other topic - I'm concerned about Lord Adraas being migrated to Ebon Hawk, because it's one thing to migrate people off a ghost town, quite another to do so on one of the few well populated servers running.

To move that many people, there are going to be a lot of people who don't move because they still have a substantial number of friends and RP buddies there. So you end up with a half arsed migration over all.

Why wouldn't the large number of friends and RP buddies move? Its not like they are allowing people to select destination, so there is only really one place to go. I can see that concern if it was arbitrary but if everyone is able to got only to the same place, seems odd to me.

So there you are, in less than 5 hours from when the transfer service started BW have added 8 more origin servers to the list of those eligible for transfers.

That's 9 NA servers, given an average day time load of around 20 people, that's 180 people doing transfers. Lets not move so fast.

So there you are, in less than 5 hours from when the transfer service started BW have added 8 more origin servers to the list of those eligible for transfers.

Yep at this rate tho it will still be weeks before they get all the servers open for transfers be it origin or destination. They need to be faster. Why can other companies do it if its so impossible?

Hey Devs I see that you updated more servers about 45 mins ago. I am curious if you guys have a set number or a general idea of how many more servers you will be opening today? I'm sure I'm not the only one constantly updating and praying to see their server is elgible for transfers.