Complete BS - Transfers.... PFFFT.....

tarnredaxe

By reading these post BioWare and EA should have asked each of the over 1 million subscribers when and were they wanted to transfer and handled each one individually. Only about 1/4 of you are looking at a bigger picture. Server transfers are going to bump up server populations in a slightly orderly way. Basically anything BioWare did short of unleashing free for all server transfers that paid each player $300 was going to be wrong and get flamed. I am going to sit back and wait. I hope that one of the higher population servers I am on will be a destination for a lower population server I have a couple of toons on.

and I expected someone who complains becasue they have to share their toys wouldn't get an analogy:rolleyes:

I get your attempt at an analogy, but considering I work for a pharmaceutical company I know theres a big difference between testing prescription medications before releasing them to the public because they could potentially KILL someone and transfers to a new server in an online videogame.

So then, this left you with a few options to handle the situation. Option one, make friends. That's exactly what I did as the server population fell on my server. Made friends, and we all played together. Problem solved.

Option two: Manually transfer to a higher populated server. Once our server's population fell so low we didn't want to play on it anymore, we all packed up and moved over to a highly populated server.

Your server is not dead. It just has a very low population. Improvise, adapt, overcome. It'll do you some good in life. I still fail to see where YOUR shortcomings are Bioware's problems and how they owe you.

So because I would like to not have to PAY to move my main and my legacy to the new server I rerolled to because my old server had no population I have shortcomings? Please explain how I have those lol.

I Want a ****in refund for my last paid month. If my server is not on the list today i want my money back. I have not logged in the game for more than 10 mins in the last month but I paid for one additional month cause of transfers. I don't see my server on the list so gimme my money back.

I get your attempt at an analogy, but considering I work for a pharmaceutical company I know theres a big difference between testing prescription medications before releasing them to the public because they could potentially KILL someone and transfers to a new server in an online videogame.

The point being STOP COMPLAINING idk what you people are so angry about? Its a game in its baby stages. They are making leaps and bounds to fix things compared to the track record of "the game who must not be named" . Sit back calm the hell down and wait its really not worth getting worked up over. We will all get our turn on the transfer train. As someone who works at a place where they TEST EVERYTHING you should be the last person COMPLAINING about a company TESTING a product, imagine the cluster **** BW would be in if they opened a free for all on all servers and a bug cause every character with an A or an N in there name to get reverted back to level one or deleted? Just food for thought these people are good people and the want the game to be fun.:rak_03:

So because I would like to not have to PAY to move my main and my legacy to the new server I rerolled to because my old server had no population I have shortcomings? Please explain how I have those lol.

Because you expect to be giving MORE than you are entitled to, for free. You are expecting a custom service, because you feel the service Bioware is providing to solve the issue is not adequate to you. You are not special. You pay for a subscription, and the game is functioning correctly. You will be moved to a higher population server, which solves THE issue. It may not solve YOUR issue, but, that's YOUR issue, not Bioware's.

So if you want YOUR issue solved, then you might have to pay a little extra.

I Want a ****in refund for my last paid month. If my server is not on the list today i want my money back. I have not logged in the game for more than 10 mins in the last month but I paid for one additional month cause of transfers. I don't see my server on the list so gimme my money back.

You want a reward for being a poor consumer?

The point being STOP COMPLAINING idk what you people are so angry about? Its a game in its baby stages. They are making leaps and bounds to fix things compared to the track record of "the game who must not be named" . Sit back calm the hell down and wait its really not worth getting worked up over. We will all get our turn on the transfer train. As someone who works at a place where they TEST EVERYTHING you should be the last person COMPLAINING about a company TESTING a product, imagine the cluster **** BW would be in if they opened a free for all on all servers and a bug cause every character with an A or an N in there name to get reverted back to level one or deleted? Just food for thought these people are good people and the want the game to be fun.:rak_03:

I'm not worked up at all, its a videogame... I didnt know I wasnt allowed to post my complaint about something here on the forums without being accused of "flipping out" lol.

I would just like to know why Wound in the Force isn't on the list of Origin servers. That's a dead server if I've ever seen one. Meh, guess I'll wait it out, not like it's the end of the world. :rolleyes:

By reading these post BioWare and EA should have asked each of the over 1 million subscribers when and were they wanted to transfer and handled each one individually. Only about 1/4 of you are looking at a bigger picture. Server transfers are going to bump up server populations in a slightly orderly way. Basically anything BioWare did short of unleashing free for all server transfers that paid each player $300 was going to be wrong and get flamed. I am going to sit back and wait. I hope that one of the higher population servers I am on will be a destination for a lower population server I have a couple of toons on.

That's definitely how I feel about it. and this post is one of the better posts regarding the beginning of the character transfer release. There are others I liked, but I'd rather not take a whole page devoted to reposts and such.

As for the people that are going for the self entitlement route: It may work at a Dunkin Donuts or a Burger King where the practically give you everything you could want out of that type of place...Bioware is different. Yes, they strive to make the game fun and an mmo, but you have to think that if they were to make character transfers a "have at it. whatever you so choose" kind of deal, it'd be utter chaos. and then people would be complaining that they'd have to wait in a queue. And I know that I hate waiting for a queue to play a game.

I'll admit, I was a little disappointed I didn't see my dead/low populated server (Eidolon Security) on the list, but I'm just gonna wait patiently and find out how things go. Hopefully Bioware gets it right on the first try so we don't have to sit through numerous patches and fixes, but if we do...so be it. I would rather play through this game and see where it goes. If after a few years they ruin it (much like a game we all know) then I'll quit and move on to another game. It's not that big a deal

People, you should read the terms of the Transfer. It clearly stated that more servers will be added. From 7:30 this morning, CST, that list has tripled already. Looking at the rate of how long the transfer process is taking, aprox 1 hour, I think that is excellent considering the size and scope of this project. Congrats Bio-ware! Keep up the good work!

:D

Sadly, most people don't see this for what it is....a limited beta for the PAID transfer service. Why would BW do for free (on a large scale) what they could charge for on a large scale? I see them doing very limited free transfers just to make sure that bugs won't be an issue. If they let everyone transfer for free, that would put a dent in the customer base for their new revenue generator.

My opinion. Flame if you must:cool:

Sadly, most people don't see this for what it is....a limited beta for the PAID transfer service. Why would BW do for free (on a large scale) what they could charge for on a large scale? I see them doing very limited free transfers just to make sure that bugs won't be an issue. If they let everyone transfer for free, that would put a dent in the customer base for their new revenue generator.

My opinion. Flame if you must:cool:

Yeah I have said that in several threads now and got flamed.... but I totally agree.

That is your own damn fault, deal with it . If it is that much of an issue, just have mommy reverse the charges on her card. Now if you are done stomping you feet and pouting, here is an updated list

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477706

Yeah I have said that in several threads now and got flamed.... but I totally agree.

No you didn't. I've seen your comments in numerous threads, and you seem to think Bioware is trying to hustle you out of a server transfer fee. Like I stated before, they are doing controlled server population migrations, to fix the problem of under populated servers.

Just because you feel like you're entitled to transfer to any server they have(and you will be, eventually), does not mean you are entitled to have that for free. Which is exactly what is happening, and exactly what Bioware stated, just not in these words. "Free server transfers from select servers to select servers" means exactly that.

No you didn't. I've seen your comments in numerous threads, and you seem to think Bioware is trying to hustle you out of a server transfer fee. Like I stated before, they are doing controlled server population migrations, to fix the problem of under populated servers.

Just because you feel like you're entitled to transfer to any server they have(and you will be, eventually), does not mean you are entitled to have that for free. Which is exactly what is happening, and exactly what Bioware stated, just not in these words. "Free server transfers from select servers to select servers" means exactly that.

Yes I did actually, but way to troll my posts loser;)

Oh look what I found....

Anyone else figure out what they are doing here? :rolleyes:

They pick this "free" transfer for you, you dont get to pick where you go AT ALL.... THEN you get to PAY them to move where you want when they rolll paid xfers out.

Very cute Bioware, its really all about the money isnt it.

Edited by JediKalel

explain to me how the server Gradens of Talla which on a good day has maybe 40-60 active players at any given time is not allowed to transfer yet. These other servers must have like 10 actives if this is the case and if they are low populated servers how many transfers does Bio-Ware actually expect to have off them.....

lol on Nadds Sarcophagus a good day, Saturday PM fleet has 14 including me, and were not on list either lol.

What a bunch of noobs.... Lol! So, transfers have started, but because you aren't first you are going to unsub.... Ok. ... And for others, there is no instant "easy" button so you are unsubbing as well. Aright....

Please, by all means, go find that fantasy world you live in.

Hello everyone,

We know that everyone is excited about the new server transfers and wants to share their thoughts, but will be closing this thread and asking that the conversation be kept here:

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

This will help us ensure that everyone can participate in conversation with one another, and the forums aren't completely dedicated to threads on this important topic.

You may also want to take a look at the following information that we have posted recently:

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers Blog Entry

List of Available Servers for Transfer

Character Transfer Service FAQ

Please note that we have not listed all of the servers that will be eligible for transfers just yet, stay tuned to the threads linked above for additional details. Thanks!