The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

What of the subscribers who continue to pay for a game which clearly can not be utilized as intended? How do you justify allowing us to continue in a situation which you acknowledge as less than the service that is required to enjoy the game? It is difficult for those of us left out of the process to feel like anything but second class citizens. Your comfort in leaving us in situation which so clearly requires drastic action to have prompted the full attention of the company leaves little doubt that those of us left don't represent enough of a concern to warrant attention.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right folks, I have an update for you.

As mentioned before, because of the logistics in monitoring the rate of character transfers and population shifts onto destination servers, our cadence for opening up origin servers will change day-to-day.

As we approach the weekend, we want to be careful about where to allow additional servers to transfer to so as not to overwhelm current destination servers. Many weekend players will be logging in, contributing to our overall analysis.

This means that we need to monitor populations and rate of transfers over the weekend before opening up new servers. We understand that players are anxious to transfer, but please be patient during this process so that we can deliver the best gameplay experience that we can offer.

But no one has said if Bioware is going to allow transfers from Origin servers, to destination servers a account has already transfered to, to allow players that have already rolled 99 times, Have friends on one of the other servers in the same situation,had their server die and just wish to combine their characters on one and play, along with their friends.

We didn't get the choice of where we wanted to go, we weren't given the ability to Move our characters so we can combine them in one high population location, with our friends, many lost our character names so now finding our friends again has become a nightmare, that's even if they can get to the same destination in the first place.

No, it does not look like it. Please see the reasoning in my previous post.

Are you able to elaborate on what your monitoring for those who are currently left out? I'm assuming it's because the servers that have already been chosen are OPEN for transfers, but not everyone on that server has yet taken the option to do so, therefore it's unknown exactly how crowded that server MAY become?

Also, not everyone pays attention to the forums so the possibility that they will transfer later (after new servers are inculded as origins) is also a concern?

If this is the case, would it be possible just to "temporarily" consolidate the remaining servers with each other while they are waiting so they at least have each other to play with? That way they don't feel like their subscription fees are being wasted?

You'll notice that they're from two different days, and that that wasn't my previous post today. As I mentioned, it's a day-to-day evaluation.

What does your day to day "evaluation" say about the only 2 EST PVP servers not transferred? Do you think all 25 of those players will brake Fot5 and Fatman in half? What data exactly are you hoping to get over the weekend that can impact those two left for dead servers? Regardless of what happens over the weekend you will HAVE to transfer them to either Fo5 or FM, so why not do it today?

You'll notice that they're from two different days, and that that wasn't my previous post today. As I mentioned, it's a day-to-day evaluation.

You'll notice I said they were from two different days. I'm speaking of you guys saying that there will be server transfers today and then jumping back and saying there won't.

I'm disappointed in the lack of organization that is shown by you guys. Are the players that were promised server transfers this week going to be compensated in any way for having to wait over the weekend while you guys go home and let metrics run? Or is Dr. Z going to have to step in again for that to happen?

No, it does not look like it. Please see the reasoning in my previous post.

Why.... Why can you not just transfer the last 2 EST PVP servers it makes no sense The few people that are on it will not cap the population.. This is just frustrating, I've been waiting since Tuesday I was so happy that I would be off and actually being able to pvp more then once every hour 1/2... sometimes the WZ pops and it ends in 30 seconds because theres only 4 people on one of the teams. WHY would you transfer 27 some servers and leave 2 behind. My guild is falling apart, they wont log in unless we get transfers. Not even on raid nights we dont get more than 4-5 people anymore. this is absolutely ridiculous.

You're welcome. And we truly do appreciate your patience on this.

I am on a server that is stuck in limbo about whether or not we are going to be a source server or a destination server . Our guild has been waiting so we can decide whether or not to switch servers. If we are a destination server we will be staying , however if we are a source server we will most likely be leaving . Our server is Majority Imperial. Our guild is Republic. Are you guys trying to balance the servers in regard to this or just the populations ?

Why.... Why can you not just transfer the last 2 EST PVP servers it makes no sense The few people that are on it will not cap the population.. This is just frustrating, I've been waiting since Tuesday I was so happy that I would be off and actually being able to pvp more then once every hour 1/2... sometimes the WZ pops and it ends in 30 seconds because theres only 4 people on one of the teams. WHY would you transfer 27 some servers and leave 2 behind. My guild is falling apart, they wont log in unless we get transfers. Not even on raid nights we dont get more than 4-5 people anymore. this is absolutely ridiculous.

they seriously just dont care. this just shows how unprofessional and unorganized they really are. our 2 servers wouldnt have broken the game by any means.

It's day to day excuse's, I guess you have your main servers now so your not bothered about all the people left on dead servers..not that there is going to be many left after this because most will unsub.

thanks for leaving me on a dead server BW been so happy at the thought i would get to play with ppl this weekend. I know you moved 150 some servers and my hats off to you but come on what about the other servers like mind trick?

As mentioned before, because of the logistics in monitoring the rate of character transfers and population shifts onto destination servers, our cadence for opening up origin servers will change day-to-day.

As we approach the weekend, we want to be careful about where to allow additional servers to transfer to so as not to overwhelm current destination servers. Many weekend players will be logging in, contributing to our overall analysis.

This means that we need to monitor populations and rate of transfers over the weekend before opening up new servers. We understand that players are anxious to transfer, but please be patient during this process so that we can deliver the best gameplay experience that we can offer.

Sigh, would it not be possible to pick one of the "planned" origin servers, use it as a temporary destination server for all remaining origin servers of its type?

As then it would allow people to play together over the weekend, then on monday if the temporary destination server is falling below a reasonable population you can transfer it to the original planned one.

Absolute joke ! How can you transfer over 100 servers then say to the rest, FU you'll need to wait. If i was apart of that BW team i would be embarrassed. A wee bit of thought beforehand isn't too much to ask for. It's such poor service im actually considering cancelling my sub just for pure fact of how badly this has all went. In future just say YES or NO at the start of the day and dont waste people's time please.

So the last 20% of servers get screwed. Thanks Bioware! Another weekend of paying you to sit on planets and fleets with no one one them. Another weekend of queueing for hours to get one pvp pop if that. Another weekend of trying to do heroics leveling new toons with no one on the planet to do them with. Another weekend of trying to do OPs with my guild but 3/4 of my friends are playing Diablo or another game because they cant get anything done. As i've said before, you need to error on the side of risk at this point. I think to a man, the people on the low pop servers would rather wait in a 30 minute login queue to get on and then be able to PVP, HM, OP, or anything else their heart desires as opposed to sitting in a PVP queue for 4 hours without a pop.Too many people are fed up and leaving. If my guild dwindles more over the weekend, I may be forced to follow their path and un-sub because I dont want to play this game without them. You keep stating that you have to monitor the transfer process and server populations as well as stability, but you had months of data telling you burst populations from every server. You know how busy it got when 1.2 was launched. You know what has been the highest pop for these servers on the weekends. It's obviously not going to get more populated then that (see the dwindling populations), so make an educated assumption based on those numbers and lets move on. I wish the Bioware Dr's would chime in on this one, because they have never struck me as the type that would leave 20% of their customers out in the wind. At this point i'm almost wondering if they assume they will lose 20 to 30% of the subscribers on these last servers over the weekend into next week which will help those final pops fit on the existing destination servers. Here's to hoping were still playing next week, once again, well done Bioware!

I have been in support of BW and their transfer process, until today.

People are fed up with little to no information and interwebby feeling are getting hurt, but when a simple question is asked, and the responses given in the dev tracker are so blatantly antagonistic, BW needs to get a grip of their people.

One of the response was something like,"well with the weekend coming", and "we need to track how weekend players effect". If your people haven't been tracking login data for at least a couple weeks prior to this transfer then you need new IT people.

Has BW become so disconnected from their playerbase that they cant feed people a bone filled with something that may help a guild get through this transfer fiasco and maybe just maybe keep players from abandoning ship?

they seriously just dont care. this just shows how unprofessional and unorganized they really are. our 2 servers wouldnt have broken the game by any means.

If they truly didn't care they would just open the server to transfer be damned with the consequences. The fact that they are doing this slowly, deliberately while monitoring both server numbers and the forums means by definition they /do/ care.

As a player left on a dead server, I guess I will end my day-to-day evaluation of whether or not to resubscribe. Goodbye...

Edited by Kraigan

Why always so cryptic. Why just don't state that in case of Europe you want to see if can move all servers to Eclipse or if you need to open a new one. Is that so difficult. And why not announce this strategy from the beginning. Why all those suspense all those days. Even now. Why not state the above and make it clear so that people can move on for the weekend and don't need to wait for further transfers.

Bad Bioware not immediately transferring everyone to whatever server they want right now. You suck, while this game is tons of fun and i really enjoy playing it, i'm gonna go complain some more and play a panda. Of course the CS there is worse than it ever was here, nothing like allowing accounts to be hacked on a daily basis, at least there I can feel like i'm not the only one being ignored.::Sarcasm off

Grow up people, they would rather we wait and have good populated healthy servers rather than overloaded, bloated servers. Excellent job Joveth & all, please keep it up, most of the players are very excited and very happy to see these transfers.

:rak_03: