Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

Screw all the other servers! I wanna hear about Mind Trick. (Best server name, imo)

Nope. Drooga's Pleasure Barge. Not my server either, tho had I really looked at them rather than just blindly picking one at the top of the list when I started it probably would be.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the big question is:

(no class spoilers)

Does the bioware staff get 30 mins or an hour for lunch?

Oh hour they need to give the zombies in the computer room a chance to stich back together. and someone has to do a run for coke and pepsi.

This is just a huge mess, I'm not resubscribing.

Moving to a server where all the names are taken by players who no longer play

Telling us that story is the important part of this game

Expecting us to have to change our story because we have to reinvent our characters

Being directed here so my feedback can get buried

If this process was important to Bioware there would have been similar consultation as there was at the guild summit. In the end it turned into a system that someone dreamed up on a Friday afternoon. I really hope this game fails, so it's a learning experience for all concerned and that MMO companies realize that if you treat customers like children, you get that type of feedback.

So the big question is:

(no class spoilers)

Submitted a ticket on the matter.

We'll know when Joveth comes and cleans up the thread a bit, after lunch.

Expecting us to have to change our story because we have to reinvent our characters

If this process was important to Bioware there would have been similar consultation as there was at the guild summit. In the end it turned into a system that someone dreamed up on a Friday afternoon. I really hope this game fails, so it's a learning experience for all concerned and that MMO companies realize that if you treat customers like children, you get that type of feedback.

Unless of course, those people do still play and want to keep the names they've chosen.:eek:

Ok so the server transfers are killing lord adraas which was second to ebon hawk and with it my membership fee. I will not pay money to have my gaming identity taken away because all 8 of my character names already exist on destination server. You should have moved people to lord adraas instead of away but you are killing a server population for the sake of making 6 servers into one generic server. And might I point out that it was bioware that assigned me to lord adraas server and is now penalizing me for keeping a sub active and staying on that server so now I have to lose all my names to continue to play because of where you put me. No Thanks. I created my characters during early access and before that had these names in beta and do not care for the mindless decision to strip me of them or give me nobody to talk to.

It's Texas. They probably don't have to give them anything.

Here in Texas its 30min unpaid... :rak_03:

"lunch breaks" are unpaid - defined as 30 minutes or longer for the purpose of eating a meal - employee must be "fully relieved of duties" during the meal break – if employee is answering phones, filing, or otherwise working while eating, the "break" is counted as regular work time.

Lol, shocking that Fett would be taken. and in your case I'd bet Fétt is taken too. but really, if you just named yourself after one of the most iconic SW characters ever, how much invention did you really put into it?

No, this is only how it works when your character's name is based on the unique character name, rather than your unique Account Name. Only a handful (if that many) companies have been smart enough to link your name to your account such that your character's name is always unique even if everyone else on the server also has it.

If they'd done it that way there would be no issues with Transfers and names, nor legacies. Guilds would still have been in trouble, but since there are far fewer guilds than characters, it would probably not have been as big an issue.

That is utter chaos. What good is a reputation and community if you can have two people who look identical and you can't tell which one is the Jones you enjoyed playing with last week and which one is the bozo who griefed you for hours the other day.

Ok so the server transfers are killing lord adraas which was second to ebon hawk and with it my membership fee. I will not pay money to have my gaming identity taken away because all 8 of my character names already exist on destination server. You should have moved people to lord adraas instead of away but you are killing a server population for the sake of making 6 servers into one generic server. And might I point out that it was bioware that assigned me to lord adraas server and is now penalizing me for keeping a sub active and staying on that server so now I have to lose all my names to continue to play because of where you put me. No Thanks. I created my characters during early access and before that had these names in beta and do not care for the mindless decision to strip me of them or give me nobody to talk to.

Make small changes. Give it a try. Seriously being on Ebon Hawk is great! Lots of people. Fast grouping. Good PVP. A new, fresh, positive attitude.

So the big question is:

(no class spoilers)

Submitted a ticket on the matter.

What you mean they are allowed to stop working....!!!! Omg what is gonna happen to the transfers. :D