Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive me for not sorting through all 51 pages of this thread to see if it has been addressed or not, but I just posted this:

It appears so far that BW is transferring light servers to larger servers - but will they be doing this on all light servers? So far, my server isn't on the transfer list - and appears to one of the larger "light" loads, but light it is, and enough the GTN is a wasteland anymore - things used to go for twice the "suggested price" now go for less than the "suggested price". I'm not going to leave my guild, but I'm hoping eventually with the free transfers, we will be made either an origin server or a destination server.

and the thread got closed and I was referred to here. So is there any chance of getting any type of answer?

1. Ajunta Pall to Jung Ma
  2. Atris to Darth Nihilus
  3. Baron Deathmark to Darth Nihilus
  4. Black Vulkars to The Bastion
  5. Cassus Fett to Vanjervalis Chain
  6. Cho Mai to The Fatman
  7. Daragon Trail to The Bastion
  8. Darth Xedrix to Drooga's Pleasure Barge
  9. Dol Grenn to Darth Nihilus
  10. Dreypa's Oubliette to The Jedi Tower
  11. Empress Teta to The Harbinger
  12. Eye of Ashlanae to The Red Eclipse
  13. Fa'athra to Drooga's Pleasure Barge
  14. Firkrann Crystal to The Fatman
  15. Gauntlet of Kressh to The Harbinger
  16. Gnawer's Roost to Jar'Kai Sword
  17. Goluud Corridor to The Red Eclipse
  18. Handmaidens of Atris to The Jedi Tower
  19. Hedarr Soongh to The Fatman
  20. Hssiss to Mantle of the Force
  21. Kai-kan to Tomb of Freedon Nadd
  22. Kath Hound to The Ebon Hawk
  23. Kathol Rift to Canderous Ordo
  24. Keetael to Jedi Covenant
  25. Keller's Void to Jedi Covenant
  26. Kessel Run to Battle Meditation
  27. Khoonda Militia to Jedi Covenant
  28. Kinrath Spider to The Fatman
  29. Kissai Caste to Mantle of the Force
  30. Krath to The Harbinger
  31. Krayiss Obelisk to Canderous Ordo
  32. Loramarr to Jar'Kai Sword
  33. Lord Adraas to The Ebon Hawk
  34. Lord Ieldis to Begeren Colony
  35. Ludo Kressh to The Red Eclipse
  36. Mask of Nihilus to Drooga's Pleasure Barge
  37. Master Dorak to Canderous Ordo
  38. Master Zhar Lestin to Drooga's Pleasure Barge
  39. Mecrosa Order to Darth Nihilus
  40. Murakami Orchid to The Jedi Tower
  41. Nadd's Sarcophagus to The Bastion
  42. Namadii Corridor to The Harbinger
  43. Perlemian Trade Route to Drooga's Pleasure Barge
  44. Phateem Halls of Knowledge to Mantle of the Force
  45. Pius Dea to Jar'Kai Sword
  46. Princess Galia to Darth Nihilus
  47. Rakata Mind Prison to The Bastion
  48. Rogue Moon to The Red Eclipse
  49. Rubat Crystal to The Ebon Hawk
  50. Rwookrrorro to The Fatman
  51. Sanctum of the Exalted to The Ebon Hawk
  52. Sedyn Kyne to Jedi Covenant
  53. Senator Contispex to Tomb of Freedon Nadd
  54. Shaltin Tunnels to The Progenitor
  55. Shien to The Ebon Hawk
  56. Sluis Shipyards to The Red Eclipse
  57. Soresu to The Harbinger
  58. Stereb Cities to The Jedi Tower
  59. Tassaa Bareesh to Tomb of Freedon Nadd
  60. The Cinzia to The Jedi Tower
  61. The Corsair to Canderous Ordo
  62. The Courageous to Canderous Ordo
  63. The Crucible Pits to The Bastion
  64. The Deadweight to The Fatman
  65. The Defenestrator to Jedi Covenant
  66. The Exile's Crystal to Tomb of Freedon Nadd
  67. The Krath Enchanter to Jar'Kai Sword
  68. The Kumumgah to Tomb of Freedon Nadd
  69. The Restoration Zone to Jar'Kai Sword
  70. The Shadow Runner to Tomb of Freedon Nadd
  71. Thendys Noori to The Fatman
  72. Trask Ulgo to The Progenitor
  73. Ula Vii to Tomb of Freedon Nadd
  74. Uthar Wynn to Tomb of Freedon Nadd
  75. Ven Zallow to Jung Ma
  76. Vodo-Siosk Baas to Mantle of the Force
  77. Vrook Lamar to Begeren Colony
  78. Whitebeam Run to Canderous Ordo
  79. Zayne Carrick to Vanjervalis Chain
  80. Zez-Kai Ell to Canderous Ordo

Forgive me for not sorting through all 51 pages of this thread to see if it has been addressed or not, but I just posted this:

It appears so far that BW is transferring light servers to larger servers - but will they be doing this on all light servers? So far, my server isn't on the transfer list - and appears to one of the larger "light" loads, but light it is, and enough the GTN is a wasteland anymore - things used to go for twice the "suggested price" now go for less than the "suggested price". I'm not going to leave my guild, but I'm hoping eventually with the free transfers, we will be made either an origin server or a destination server.

and the thread got closed and I was referred to here. So is there any chance of getting any type of answer?

Yes they have said that all ligh servers will be opened eventualy as either a origin or a destination server. Hope that helps ya .I was wondering the same about mine earlier and got the answer i gave you .*)

With the exception of I believe some of the Euro RP servers, all servers will be either origin or destination at some point in the next few days.

As of this point, the "assumption" is that they're transferring light to heavy until they are full, and then moving to the next heaviest server. But that's not been confirmed.

I agreed with this statement earlier this week, but with servers coming out every 3hrs or so, there is no way all the transfers could take place in time for BW to say "ok, everyone who's going to transfer to (destination server) has moved. Let's add some more to that server." It would take weeks to know that information.

What BW do know (and no one else does) is exactly how many players are active on each server and how often so after a day it is probably reasonably safe for them to predict that if 80% (for example) of the people who logged on during day 1 hit transfer then 80% of the remaining active players will also hit the transfer button when they log in over the next week or so. As they know that n players are active they can predict that the destination server will grow by roughly (0.8 x n) after everyone has logged on and seen the transfer option.

What BW do know (and no one else does) is exactly how many players are active on each server and how often so after a day it is probably reasonably safe for them to predict that if 80% (for example) of the people who logged on during day 1 hit transfer then 80% of the remaining active players will also hit the transfer button when they log in over the next week or so. As they know that n players are active they can predict that the destination server will grow by roughly (0.8 x n) after everyone has logged on and seen the transfer option.

:ph_agree:

Math is fun

:rak_01:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.