Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

I hate to be another complainer but I have several high level characters on a dead server (mask of nihilus) which is neither an origin server or destination server and without cross server group finder for flashpoints, I might as well not be playing an MMO. I'm sorry but I pay a monthly subscription to play an MMO with other people. It gets a little boring to have to re-roll the same characters on another server and do everything all over again. Particularly, since its rather linear and I just do the same things over and over and over. I understand you are doing the best you can with these server transfers but I really think you need to add to the list a little bit or start combining servers.

They are working on this at the moment so what is the issue?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point being... you've waited for weeks and weeks and some people want instant gratification. They want their server transfers now. First we were screaming to know when transfers would happen. Now that they're starting today, people are screaming why there's isn't the very first to be handled.

It's ridiculous. The point being, in a week from now all server transfers should be up and people need to relax a bit on this. But all of these criers wants it now now now. They need to relax a bit.

No it isn't ridiculous. We are PAYING for this product that we can't use because of their decision to balloon the number of servers to allow unsustainable populations to form, all the while preassigning guilds to servers that they then blocked off access too during launch (queue times = nobody new signs up there). I'm not paying $15 a month to wait for hours to get a single pvp queue pop. I can finish all Corellia/Belsavis/Ilum dailies in the time it takes for a single warzone pop. Right now, my game time is being eaten up by sitting around on fleet waiting for a warzone pop that may never come. I'd be better off to take that $15 and go to McDonalds.

Edited by JefferyClark

The point being... you've waited for weeks and weeks and some people want instant gratification. They want their server transfers now. First we were screaming to know when transfers would happen. Now that they're starting today, people are screaming why there's isn't the very first to be handled.

It's ridiculous. The point being, in a week from now all server transfers should be up and people need to relax a bit on this. But all of these criers wants it now now now. They need to relax a bit.

That is why they needed to merge servers and not fix the problem with transfers. As you said, they/we have already waited weeks and weeks. Many servers have been dead for more than 4 months. Free wait time would be better then telling people to keep shelling out $15.00 a month not to have fun.

Wow seriously my server has 15 people on the fleet at prime time. Are they going to keep updating the list this is a huge letdown 9 servers for NA seriously? Let down.

Methinks you should heed your own signature's advice.

Can only transfer half my characters to a server that none of my other characters are on? 2 50's on Hedarr that I could move to Fatman which doesn't help at all considering my other 2 50's are on Swiftsure.

I think 3 months has been more than enough leeway time to get a proper fully functional transfer system in place. Being able to only transfer to 1 available server is flat out insulting so I say.

No thanks, done waiting.

http://postimage.org/image/rrtg3qupd/

Cancelled.

Just for clarity: are you implying that BW is holding out on adding more servers to the list now because they don't want you to have this information?

maybe i am maybe im not.....who will ever know

i just wanna know why they couldn't just open servers for transfer and then let us choose. what happens if the west coast server i want to transfer to isn't paired with the east coast server I'm stuck on from guild launch? do i have to wait and pay to get to where i wanna be?

Damn people, calm down they have already added 5 more servers to the list since this morning. We will all get the chance to transfer

They added 3 more EU servers too, its not all about NA.

Seriously can everyone just relax, remember its a game.

Yes it's a game many paid $60.00 plus for and another $15.00 a month. Relax, go find another game that is fun and when they have everything fixed, don't come back, you are having fun in that new game. That is what I just saw in your post.

Ugh! Instead of sending everyone to different servers they should just have sent everyone to a single server. Take 6-7 lights and send them to a medium one, etc. How the same thing will happen over again that happened now.

Can only transfer half my characters to a server that none of my other characters are on? 2 50's on Hedarr that I could move to Fatman which doesn't help at all considering my other 2 50's are on Swiftsure.

I think 3 months has been more than enough leeway time to get a proper fully functional transfer system in place. Being able to only transfer to 1 available server is flat out insulting so I say.

No thanks, done waiting.

http://postimage.org/image/rrtg3qupd/

Cancelled.

Apparently you didn't read ANY of the posts about how this is going to work.

I hate to be another complainer but I have several high level characters on a dead server (mask of nihilus) which is neither an origin server or destination server and without cross server group finder for flashpoints, I might as well not be playing an MMO. I'm sorry but I pay a monthly subscription to play an MMO with other people. It gets a little boring to have to re-roll the same characters on another server and do everything all over again. Particularly, since its rather linear and I just do the same things over and over and over. I understand you are doing the best you can with these server transfers but I really think you need to add to the list a little bit or start combining servers.

ALL servers will be either source or target for the transfers. If yours isn't on the list, it will be soon. I don't understand your complaint...

Quick suggestion for Bioware, not sure if it's already been mentioned:

Please put a pop up after logging into to a server once it is designated as an Origin server and transfers become available.

Might be worth using an ingame "announcer" to keep spamming it, as with the plague event

There will be some who either don't follow the forums or check alerts on the log in screen, also means those of us that are actually playing don't need to keep checking the server status page for updates :)

Edited by Keiret

First post....log into the Deadweight during prime hours you see 1-2 ppl, was looking forward to being on list today, been playing since early beta. I have played MMOs for years and played many of them but my server not being on the list is what makes me make my first post in a forum

Patience may well be a virtue but this is beyond both. I have my main two toons stuck on Kai-Kan and though I wasn't really expecting to transfer to a high population server I was expecting a transfer.

Like alot of others I purchased the CE version, have subbed since day one but can't really play these characters. My Sith Sorcerer has just 3 peices of Battle Armor, three, after the length of time this game has been out is a joke and thats all down to PvP, or the lack of.

I love this game, its become my main game (my mate on City of Heroes thinks I've died, lol) but the line in the sand is fast approaching, and thats a real shame.:(

Are they going to keep updating the list this is a huge letdown 9 servers for NA seriously? Let down.

From the article linked in the original post (cmon people, read)...

The character transfer service will be made available gradually, starting with a small number of the lowest population servers and adding more until all servers eligible for transfer are made available in the service. Eligible servers will be listed as they become available for transfers at http://www.swtor.com/transfer. This is to prevent potential server load issues. As a result, you may have to wait a short period before you can begin your character transfer.

Apparently you didn't read ANY of the posts about how this is going to work.

I did I understand this is a first phase thing and that other transfers will be available later.

I'm just done waiting, it took them 3 months to do this, I've had enough patience, I rolled other characters I have 4 50's for god sake, I'm done. Maybe I'll come back when the game is actually working with proper systems in place, or maybe I'll be playing GW2, -shrug.

I do wonder what will happen to the so called 'dead' servers when this thing is finished...

Merging servers might have been a better option than this, when you consider that really low populated servers are now going to be even less populated

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.