Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

To clarify my standing, I should add something I neglected to include in my original post: I'm HAPPY that BioWare is FINALLY addressing the server population issue, and I'm HAPPY that they're addressing the needs of those people who were SO dedicated to their dead server that, knowing that their server was dead, and with no announcement (until somewhat recently) that they might be able to transfer to a more populous server, that they just continued playing on the same dead server. I think it's GREAT that they're taking care of one segment of their subscriber base.

What pisses me off is that it appears, based on their own official statements so far, that those of us who were proactive enough to REALIZE that our servers were dead, and, not holding out hope for character transfers or server merges, decided to CUT OUR LOSSES and re-roll on more populous servers, are either NOT going to be able to bring our orphaned characters into our new fold at all (unless we're particularly lucky - which I won't be, since my original server was PvP, and my new server is PvE), or, IF they eventually open up the process to allow more choice in the transfer destination, we'll likely have to PAY to remedy what was BioWare's ****-up in the first place.

There's a huge difference between transferring servers because you've got a friend (or friends) on a different server (yeah, make me pay for it), and transferring servers to bring your orphaned character(s) to join the character(s) you had to roll on a new server in order to actually experience the game as an MMO (no, don't make ME PAY to fix YOUR MISTAKES).

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing where they are listing Destination servers? This has to be one of the most confusing and unfriendly consumer processes ever.

I'm not that pissed it's a staggered roll out, I'm more concerned that the server I'm on isn't what'd they consider dire enough to transfer immediately. If there are a lot of servers worse off, then I'm really scared about the health of this game because it's UGLY.

We can't get PvP on weekends steadily, it's completely dead after 10:30, and there's about 20 total people to PvP with/against. Sad state of affairs....

Yay, have fun you all. I stay on Jekk Jekk Tarr. Waiting 3 1/2 hours to get into a PvP match. Guess Bioware didn't think we're important enough. Well, I can complain about it to the 4 people on the fleet with me.

They are adding more servers as we speak. Most likely all servers will be handlled pretty quickly. Few days perhaps.

I know it isn't fun to wait, but i have waited for months now. Few more days won't make a difference anymore :)

Am I missing where they are listing Destination servers? This has to be one of the most confusing and unfriendly consumer processes ever.

I'm not that pissed it's a staggered roll out, I'm more concerned that the server I'm on isn't what'd they consider dire enough to transfer immediately. If there are a lot of servers worse off, then I'm really scared about the health of this game because it's UGLY.

We can't get PvP on weekends steadily, it's completely dead after 10:30, and there's about 20 total people to PvP with/against. Sad state of affairs....

You can go to swtor.com/transfer to check out the current list. They just added another 4 NA servers.

You can go to swtor.com/transfer to check out the current list. They just added another 4 NA servers.

That page must not be loading right for me (cache maybe), it only has 4 total NA servers. I assume those are the people who can move? I don't see a list where they can go.

If you're not giving people a choice on where they can transfer to why not just merge the servers? This makes no sense at all unless you are trying to just make more people quit or you are trying to show the world how to run an mom into the ground in record time

Go to your account page and on the left where it says CHARACTER TRANSFER, click that.

That page must not be loading right for me (cache maybe), it only has 4 total NA servers. I assume those are the people who can move? I don't see a list where they can go.

Log in and go to "My Account" and select Character Transfers on the left. There's more servers there then on the other page.

The initial character transfer service is now available, allowing qualifying characters to be transferred at no charge from selected origin servers to selected destination servers. This character transfer service will be available as long as is required to help maintain population balance across the service and create a better overall gameplay experience. Select servers will be eligible for free character transfers based on the player populations of the origin and destination servers.

Read More

Bioware I hope you don't mess this up for THE SWIFTSURE. We are currently the MOST POPULATED PVP WEST COAST SERVER and we are not even on the list. most populated being light most of the time with the occasional standard during prime time peaking at around 59-70 people in the fleet. We could use more people. Unlike FATMAN..................

I'm just wondering why Telos Restoration Project a PvE server in North America on the East Coast is being transferred to a European server Jar'Kai Sword a PvP server that the Language is German .

I just want to move my Bounty Hunter from Belgoth's Beacon to The Ebon Hawk, but that doesn't seem likely. *heavy sigh*

You will be able to later once the initial transfers are done and the paid "move where you want" option is available.

Very dissapointed. You should add Atho City as soon as you can. Or you think, 7 men at Imperial Fleet at 8pm is normal? We have waited for transfers so long. Our patience nearly at the end..

If you're not giving people a choice on where they can transfer to why not just merge the servers? This makes no sense at all unless you are trying to just make more people quit or you are trying to show the world how to run an mom into the ground in record time

I think it makes sense that they set up designated servers to be transferred to. If people had free reign on where they went there would be a very real chance that we'd either all end up in the exact same boat as we are now (a lot of empty servers) or people would flock to and overload Fatman and Jedi Covenant.

so let me get this straight.

There are 123 servers 5 of which have a decent pop

you allow 10 servers to move to ten different servers///not one going to the same destination and you expect to fix this problem how?

This isnt a band-aid on a gaping wound its a band aid on a rotting carcass!

what he said!!!!

Seeing a lot of people complaining about the low number of servers available for transfer. If you're going to complain about something, complain about it for the right reason.

"The character transfer service will be made available gradually, starting with a small number of the lowest population servers and adding more until all servers eligible for transfer are made available in the service. Eligible servers will be listed as they become available for transfers at http://www.swtor.com/transfer. This is to prevent potential server load issues. As a result, you may have to wait a short period before you can begin your character transfer."

If you would rather BioWare move faster, at least acknowledge that they provided a reason for what they're doing (regardless of if you give it credit or not). We've all had to wait on this for a long time - what difference will a little longer make?

Edited by Kltpxyzm

you allow 10 servers to move to ten different servers///not one going to the same destination and you expect to fix this problem how?

what he said!!!!

9 North American Servers and 9 European servers are about to get their populations increased and that's just the servers listed on the first day. So if you pick say 45 destination servers and feed the populations of the other 78 into them over say 2 weeks you "fix the problem." You are making it sound like the only servers going to the destination servers listed are the once announced today; simply an incorrect assumption.

Man I really hope that we get transfers to Jedi Covenant, since my highest level is on the SUPER dead server of Infinity Gate, in which there were literally 2 people on the fleet-me and some other guy. Even at peak there its literally like 10 people on the fleet...PvP matches are virtually non existent. Really holding out, but my hopes are very slim...and if I have to PAY to transfer my characters, when I already paid $60 for the game, and a total of $60 for 4 months of play+1 month free with the games purchase, then that would be a VERY stupid idea.....and so my hopes would go down, but i have little hope still. Edited by SabreNova

are you kidding me BW??? 4 servers? Hanharr has been dead since I started playing. No pvp for days, 10 people on the fleet at peak times, its rediculous. If they had just let characters transfer freely people eventually the populations would balance out on a few, well populated servers. I understand where they are coming from with the assigned destination points, but only four servers at first? that just doesnt seem fair.

I love this game and it bothers me how upset I am right now, please dont **** this up Bioware

18 Origin servers now (9 of them US ones), less than 4 hours after transfers started. Before you QQ perhaps you should get your facts straight.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477706

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Update on the Server Transfers (apparently some people aren't that informed and literate).

Keller's Void to Jedi Covenant

Hedarr Soongh to The Fatman

Fa'athra to Drooga's Pleasure Barge

Kath Hound to The Ebon Hawk

Zayne Carrick to Vanjervalis Chain

Eye of Ashlanae to The Red Eclipse

The Shadow Runner to Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Kessel Run to Battle Meditation

Ven Zallow to Jung Ma

The Courageous to Canderous Ordo

Rakata Mind Prison to The Bastion

Soresu to The Harbinger

Lord Ieldis to Begeren Colony

Shaltin Tunnels to The Progenitor

Mecrosa Order to Darth Nihilus

Stereb Cities to The Jedi Tower

The Restoration Zone to Jar'Kai Sword

Phateem Halls of Knowledge to Mantle of the Force

Updates by the hour people. By the friggin' hour.

Quote: Originally Posted by tonemarley

what he said!!!!

Absolutely... if today was the last day they were going to implement this solution, when in fact it's actually not even the end of DAY ONE of a process that presently has no end-date in sight. Way to try and pass off short-shortsightedness for insight... and please, all the hyperbolic imagery, can you be any more of a drama queen??