Transfers Tomorrow - Are you excited?

wutru

Uh, who said transfers started tomorrow? They just put 1.3 on the test server....

If you had actually read the link in the post you quoted, you'd have seen that BW says transfers start tomorrow. Guess it was more fun to troll the thread though, huh?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No-one should be excited for tomorrow as nothing will happen. Even if your server is one of the select few to become origin, it will still take up to a fortnight for all transfers to be completed. Edited by DiabloDoom

I'm not excited, I'm sad, because no matter you slice it, it's the beginning of the end. I hope it's a long slow interesting trip down, but it's a one way road.

What do you mean? Making the game better is going to ruin it? They give people what they want and you still get posts like this.

It depends.

First, it depends on if the RP: PVP server I play allows transfers to it or transfers off of it. Second, transfers to where?

Transfers off the server will kill the server. It already feels like there are not many people on it. I can be the only person on a planet or the total players on the fleet at any one time is never more then twenty. If people leave, why keep the server? And all of my characters are on this server. Will I be able to move ALL of them?

I want to know more before I get excited about transfers. I would have preferred to see some server merges added too.

Frankly, a lot of Bioware's talk about transfers and stuff has me frustrated. There's not a lot beyond "We have plans and that's on the table" that keeps me saying "I still do not know what you are doing."

Edited by Hyde_v

What do you mean? Making the game better is going to ruin it? They give people what they want and you still get posts like this.

No no, on the contrary, making the game "better" is going to improve it until there are no servers left, at which point it will be perfect!

I'm not saying they had any alternatives at this point - it's just sad.

I'm not excited, I'm sad, because no matter you slice it, it's the beginning of the end. I hope it's a long slow interesting trip down, but it's a one way road.

From the nature of the beast: I.E., post WOW MMOs, you are correct.

Here's hoping for a long slow fun ride down, or a different result(odds are real small on that though).

Well, as an Ajunta Pall player I believe this means I'll transfer to Jung Ma or people from Jung Ma transfer to AP.

Either way, this shall see a moderate increase and hopefully the destination server will be a Heavy to Very Heavy in prime time and flat Standard the rest of the day.

Hopefully.

Until they release the FAQ they promised, I'm just going to go ahead and believe the transfers have been delayed.
LOL! This guy wins the thread, because he speaks truth.

Remember, remember the [rated warzone fiasco].

Edited by RolyartNala

Until they release the FAQ they promised, I'm just going to go ahead and believe the transfers have been delayed.

It is always possible that the transfers are delayed - better they delay it than suffer a fiasco - but the fact that they haven't released server info is not evidence. They're not going to name servers until it's a done deal, because they don't want crazy land rushes.

It is always possible that the transfers are delayed - better they delay it than suffer a fiasco - but the fact that they haven't released server info is not evidence. They're not going to name servers until it's a done deal, because they don't want crazy land rushes.

In what way will there be a land rush? Players don't get to pick the server they go to. All the FAQ will tell us is how to do the transfer, and which servers will be the destination servers.

No-one should be excited for tomorrow as nothing will happen. Even if your server is one of the select few to become origin, it will still take up to a fortnight for all transfers to be completed.

You sure? They can't eve get their Character Copy Tools working. lol. :D

server info wont go out until transfers have been implemented....why do people want to know this anyways? you can only goto the 1 server that bioware says you can goto...there is no choice

Well, as an Ajunta Pall player I believe this means I'll transfer to Jung Ma or people from Jung Ma transfer to AP.

Either way, this shall see a moderate increase and hopefully the destination server will be a Heavy to Very Heavy in prime time and flat Standard the rest of the day.

Hopefully.

I think you will be out of luck or in luck, depends how you look at it. Jung Ma and Ajunta Pall are opposite Coast servers. I'm betting BW will make those two servers the only "destination" servers for RP-PvP, but neither will be a "origin" server. You got to look at this from a server merge point of view because that's exactly what it is, a "Do-It-Yourself Server Merge."

Edited by Darkulous