People with a moddable offhand gets more expertise?

Talsyrius

As the title said, I just noticed that if you have a light saber or a blaster in your offhand, you get 38 more expertise then if you don't. Additionally you get an extra augment slot, but that will be fixed with next update so that isn't really an issue. I can understand if they would get more normal stats from their offhand, but shouldn't expertise just be a stat dependent on what level of gear you have? Edited by Talsyrius

In the case of gunslinger vs sniper, and bh vs trooper, the duel wielder also has an increased chance to have a significant proportion of their damage mitigated, because of the decreased accuracy on their offhand attacks.

Than the right thing is adjusting the damage multiplier for offhand weapons if necessary.

More Expertise doesn´t make sense.

Edited by Sabredance

I believe there is a developer post that addresses the disparity. I'm much too lazy this afternoon to look it up for you but the gist of it is that they know about it and will be tweaking it for you.

It is still 113 expertise on the pts...

In the case of gunslinger vs sniper, and bh vs trooper, the duel wielder also has an increased chance to have a significant proportion of their damage mitigated, because of the decreased accuracy on their offhand attacks.

The difference between sniper rifle and two blasters for example is very close to naught if you compare average damage, however two blasters have slightly higher max and slightly lower min. The expertise is a totally different story, since even if it was included in the damage of each weapon, the defense gain from it is not.

Edited by Talsyrius

In 1.3, generators, earpieces and implants are all augmentable, no?

See below

As the title said, I just noticed that if you have a light saber or a blaster in your offhand, you get 38 more expertise then if you don't. Additionally you get an extra augment slot, but that will be fixed with next update so that isn't really an issue. I can understand if they would get more normal stats from their offhand, but shouldn't expertise just be a stat dependent on what level of gear you have?

nerf offhands NOW

It is an unnecessary and easily fixed imbalance, why not correct it?

Edited by Talsyrius

People with shields have a block rate- please nerf this because my off hand weapon has no Block rate so I can't absorb damage meaning I can't get a cube that can also absorb damage! Please fix this so shields can't stop any damage!

How about focus and generators? Stop trying to ridicule every attempt to make the game more balanced just because it isn't benefiting you. :rolleyes:

How about focus and generators? Stop trying to ridicule every attempt to make the game more balanced just because it isn't benefiting you. :rolleyes:

Go ahead and up focuses (now that we know they wish to eventually make those customizable) and what ever, just please nerf shield generators since I don't get a block rate, or allow my abilities to not require an offhand weapon so I can equip something that will let block or absorb damage because my low offhand damage currently doesn't appeal to me as much as survivability

Go ahead and up focuses (now that we know they wish to eventually make those customizable) and what ever, just please nerf shield generators since I don't get a block rate, or allow my abilities to not require an offhand weapon so I can equip something that will let block or absorb damage because my low offhand damage currently doesn't appeal to me as much as survivability

You english very well.

I've created a ticket asking about this and the answer I got was "working as intended". Meanwhile I've seen a Q&A post saying they were going to try to work on this...

Marauders need the extra stats.... they don't do quite well with all their survivability... what about Operative healers ?? How would they stand against 2 players then ??

People with shields have a block rate- please nerf this because my off hand weapon has no Block rate so I can't absorb damage meaning I can't get a cube that can also absorb damage! Please fix this so shields can't stop any damage!

LOL you obviously don't understand shields in PvP if you think you want one.

Force and Tech attacks can NEVER be shielded. Force and Tech attacks make up the bulk of damage and nasty effects that you might want to shield. Plus, shields already have less stats than offhands and foci to make up for the shield chance/absorb on them. So pretty much, they're ALREADY useless, much less with your proposed nerf.