Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Hm i dont want to see your energy bill mate.... ;)

Power is relatively cheap in Norway, and I can afford it. Thanks for the concern though hehe.

Maybe I should send the bill to BioWare for forcing us to keep the computers running for 6 hours without being able to do nothing but wait.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I was wrong, joined a war zone and got kicked to queue.

Over 1000 in queue, even after the population cap increase:(

Every single day I've not only had to deal with absurd queues, but constantly get flung back to the end of it in seconds.

Edit: What gets me is the game *still* feels like a ghost town despite the apparent cap increase. Unless I go to the main hub, I rarely see anyone out in the field. Even when my class quest sends me back to either the starting planets or planets I've been to along the way, it seems to hold true for every level range.

Over 1000 in queue and it still takes WZ's about 5-10 minutes to pop, I'd have expected instant pops if that many people are online.

The caps on the player base just seems so incredibly low.

Edited by Valkaern

i've managed to move 100 places in 20 mins which isnt too bad, gave me time to get 2 big macs. my main worry is what happens later on when everyone is on, if the problem isnt resolved then there will be no point in trying to log back in

queue on a highly loaded server is ok. and its just the first day of the game, actually.

and it feels like BW are dealing with this problem on fly - couple of hours ago i was stucked in a 100ppl queue (Trayus Academy), and right now its all fine, and i was in without any waiting.

To those, who were remembering WoW - i remember almost 1k queues in 2009 ;)

Where have you been the last week or so?

The irony of the situation is:

- EA/BW offers a guild deployment service;

- Those guilds are placed on the very first servers that were rolled out;

- Those servers are now full, and experience long queues;

- EA/BW's recommendation: reroll on a different server (which basically negates the benefits of the guild deployment service).

Am I the only one who thinks there is something wrong with that attitude?

Scepter of Ragnos EU been in queue for about 30mins and still position 249, not as extreme as some of you guys, but very frustrating, i dont mind switching servers as couple are Light at the moment, but im in guild with friends on this server so unless they all move (whats the chances it wont happen on a new server) id rather now.

The server caps are ridiciously low at the moment, need boosting considerably.

i've managed to move 100 places in 20 mins which isnt too bad, gave me time to get 2 big macs. my main worry is what happens later on when everyone is on, if the problem isnt resolved then there will be no point in trying to log back in

what severy you on? I am currrently in the que for bloodworthy

Im in a queue at the moment Scepter of Ragnos EU (queued up just past midday GMT/1pm CET) and still position 232, when i started at 340 something, so 100 places in 20mins isnt that bad, but again its midday, the queue tonight will be insane beyond belief.

Edited by Tectonics

So who here knows how to develop MMO Infrastructure to support thousands of players online at once on a single sever?

If you can do a better job, I suggest you go and make your own MMO and stop ya ************

I'd bet not many of us.

The difference is we're not charging people for a product with flaws such as this that have been solved successfully many times over in the past decade of MMO development.

If it was an indie game, maybe I'd expect some serious bumps, but it really feels like there's just an onslaught of poor decisions and amateur mistakes tied to the relase of this game.

Edit: Seriously, what kind of logic is that? We can't do it, so it's ok for them to not be able to do it AND charge us for it? The service being provided at the moment is bottom of the barrel appalling.

Edited by Valkaern

How reasonable is it to create just ONE Rp-PvP English sever and the same number of French and German RP-PvP servers for the whole Europe?

Don't tell me there's as many French or German speaking people in Europe as English speaking...

This is absolutely absurd and another English RP-PvP server should be added...

(the queue aint THAT bad - 300 people right now which translates to around 30 minutes... not half as bad as the person who waited 5.5 hours :S)

I set my characters up on the 15th when all the servers were empty, and set up some spares on another random server for just this situation. Now they are both full, I'm not going through those starter planets again...

thats the problem when i do get online the lag might be a bit extreme, fortunately i got myself to tatoinne during EGA so shouldnt be quite as bad as the starter zones but tonight will be something else, why did my friends have to choose one of the more popular EU servers to play on lol.

Bioware need to up the server limits and consider the possibility of allowing for character transfers/Guild transfers.