Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Regarding server queues

StephenReid

EU Hidden Beks PVE

11:10 GMT+1

238 in queue

Server shows: "estimated wait: < 15m 00s"

Over the past 35 minutes, I've gone to 88 in queue and the server estimate wait has bumped up first to 20m and recently to 25m.

Estimated wait times are still horribly underestimating the actual wait time.

A friend of mine just spent 50 minutes in queue to get on Hidden Beks.

Same story when I get home from work at 22:30 GMT+1. Still have to sit in queue for 30-60m each evening.

Edit

Just spent 62 minutes in queue to get on the server while the initial wait time said it would take less than 15 minutes ...

Now I can play for 45 minutes before I have to go ...

Edited by Fsixknight

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why we just don’t get lots more servers. I understand they do not want deploy more servers as in time people will play less and servers will become more empty. But this will take at list a year. And when this happen if ever happen, will be time to simply marge servers. People will start living this game if this long queues stay. I’m a family man so I have to stop playing few times in one evening with this queues if I stop I would never play this game as every time my queues finish I will have to go, its like now I have 1h to play then I have to go. Problem is I will be queuing for 1 hour so no play time for me. They did create game for kids with lots of time but casual players like me will never have a chance to play unless I play at night. This is crazy. If this problem persist I will have to take my game to shop and ask for refund.

Bioware needs to redeploy guilds. Don't ask them just move them, once you balance out the server populations then offer xfers off full servers onto low population servers.

This might come across as the nuclear option, but it would solve so many problems in one hit. Gets my vote, for what it is worth. :ph_agree:

Let me turn on my xbox 360 and have some fun. This game is just another rip off. I just have been screwed for £60 for delux version, but trust me, they will never see even £1 more from me. Good luck everyone. It will get only worse, no hope for Old Republic.

They do not care because they hit their target anyway :), so keep trying guys I have enough of this bull...........

A friend of mine just spent 50 minutes in queue to get on Hidden Beks.

Same story when I get home from work at 22:30 GMT+1. Still have to sit in queue for 30-60m each evening.

I'm sorry, but I can not even begin to feel for you as a normal wait time on my server is 5-6 hours....

Hi,

Just wanted to add to this. The queues are a problem that Bioware has to solve. Fast.

Waiting to play a game will not work for me at all in the long run.

A few problems at launch are expected and I'm cool with that but I will not buy additional game time if there are still queues when the initial CE game time runs out.

Hi there

As far im concerned the comments from BW regarding this have been rather vague with no usefull info.

So could we get these answered please

1. Are you increasing server cap?

2. When?

3. Can we transfere to another server?

4. How much will this cost?

Regards

E

Bioware needs to redeploy guilds. Don't ask them just move them, once you balance out the server populations then offer xfers off full servers onto low population servers.:

I would have to agree with this, repopulation and balance, or the caps need to be increased. However regardless the extreme maybe required.

Edited by Creedon

estimated time: 25min .. 50min later I'm still in the queue (though number 20ish) and then I Get error 1003. This has happened to many times while in the queue now. and even after multiple hours waiting. Then I get error 1002 when i reopen the game, and now I can't even re-queue. last time I had to wait 30min before it would work again, this really needs a fix. It happened every day that I've been in a queue so far.

For me the most frustrating part of this issue was to see that there are several lowly populated servers while the server I created my character at (I was one of the first to join the T3-M4 servers) was full. I cannot explain why some servers got this highly over populated but I do know that this must not stay this way.

It got that way because they didn't calculate human nature when attempting to place guilds on pre-designated servers. Many guilds were disappointed to find they weren't placed with those listed as their allies or enemies, and decided to migrate together.

This coupled with the fact that not all members of the guilds have been on since day 1 of the early access means that already inflated number is simply going to grow as more and more of their guildmates are let in.

Another issue with specifically ToFN server, is that it also became the unofficial Spanish server. As they have no dedicated server for themselves, Bioware couldn't add them to the calculation.

A small help there would at least be to tag a new server as 'Spanish preferred' and offer transfers. I have no problem playing with anyone from anywhere personally, I like meeting a wide variety of players, but I bet their sick of endlessly being told off if even one word in spanish finds it's way to the wrong chat. Which naturally starts a cycle, so they begin flooding chat with spanish. Everyone wins with that =/

I was on nightmare lands, had 2 x 15 or so toons. The queues got over 1 hr most of the time so i rerolled on eye of ashanaes. No queues until today, only 10 mins at mo but this is a weekday morning, come the evening or weekend it will be absurd. I can just about cope with short queues at peak times but this is insane already and i'm sure will only be getting worse. EA you are going to have introduce a char transfer option or something soon. You have done such an amazing job on this game please don't screw it all up with queues....

I have been playing mmos for about 7 years and i never once saw a queue on a weekday morning...

:mad::mad:

Is it just me or did all the new people choose already heavily populated servers instead of the new ones?

Lots of people want to play with friends, so they'll go to the servers that already have those people on them.

Bioware was being silly in not opening up all their current servers for the EGA. They opened a bunch of servers for EGA, let them fill up and then opened a whole bunch of new ones for regular launch. The effect is that everyone is on the EGA servers while the launch servers will be rather empty. In the long run, it's to be expected that EGA players will play for longer on average (pre-ordering means more dedicated players typically), which will compound the issue of EGA servers being nicely full and launch servers being ghosttowns.

Instead, they should've opened up all the servers that are open now at the start of EGA. Let the EGA people spread out naturally. Sure, the servers would've been a bit empty during EGA, but it would've ensured a much better spread of players right now.

We tried making some new chars on a server called Starstorm One, but after playing there for a while people started saying it was a russian server and they started speaking russian all over the general chat, which as a Danish person is rather annoying. When you try and tell them thats its kinda rude to speak their native language on a english server people go all emo and tell you to learn other languages then English, but its the same if I and everybody else who is Danish started talking danish in gerneral leaving all the russian players in the dark and then getting angry when they asked us to speak a language they understod. SO PLZ STOP SAYING WE NEED TO LEARN YOUR LANGAUGES!!!!!!!!

Just ignore them. I am from russian guild myself, but we have a very strict rules about general chat and any lanquages except English. Moreover, i tried a few servers - and i saw a same thing, but with greek spam in general, polish, italian, spanish spam, etcetera etcetera. Place obvious morons to black list or report them, and you'll be fine.

About queues - sweet jesus, do something already, i want to play, not stand in queue for a 5-6 hours. Gosh.

I'm sorry, but I can not even begin to feel for you as a normal wait time on my server is 5-6 hours....

5-6 hrs is just completely ridiculous. How can they let a server fill up like that? This is just absolutely unacceptable.

SO are the ques bugged as this morning I was trying to join nightmarelands.I was 87th in ques with an estimated < 15min que time.

After 20min I was in 57th position.After the next 45min of waiting I was still in 57th position in the que.

It just didn't seem right.So I restarted my computer and game and now find myself in 367th position with an estimated < 25min(joking right more like 2hrs).Well at least now the que has moved a couple spots.

As with most people I play when I have time and these que's basically narrow the limited time I have to play.I can't sit here for hrs waiting to play if I only have an hour here and there between trying to look after 2 toddlers.

The statistic's BW may look good on paper that all is running well.

But really it's not when most people can't get on to play am I not correct?

Another issue with specifically ToFN server, is that it also became the unofficial Spanish server. As they have no dedicated server for themselves, Bioware couldn't add them to the calculation.

ToFN and TRE (The Red Eclipse) are the unofficial Spanish servers, so yes, they will need to mark them as that, and fast, cause if not they are going to be a nightmare, if they are not already.