Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And still, no argument.

Not even in F2P-games you see these queues. We're paying customers, and if I pay I expect to get what I pay for. Easy as cake.

I don't disagree by far. But even as a paying customer.. especially here at X-Mas.. you have to wait in line to be able to pay for the product you want to purchase. :)

I don't disagree by far. But even as a paying customer.. especially here at X-Mas.. you have to wait in line to be able to pay for the product you want to purchase. :)

Man, its 11:00 AM.... i have never seen that before in any game, and as i said there is a max of 100 ppl per zone.

Thats no excuse... when you log you see 100 chars per zone... thats ridiculous. I always have to fight against a lot of people in MMOs releases cause everybody where leveling...but c'mon, 100?

Call it 'smooth' gameplay. Meaning, you don't ahve to fight over respawns and player aggro cause you 'grapped' their mob. (For example)

I must agree, I should be possible to log in with your avatar to another server. When I look for the server list in europe there still are servers whicg have a light status. I don't want to do the same missions over again.

Those servers with a 'light' load are the ones they just opened over the weekend.. Not to be compared to the ones used during PreLaunch.

The only thing that gives me hope is that I've only seen about 100 people in an area at a time so far, I played an american server in the beta that had 400 in an area at a time, so maybe than can actually make the servers 4 times bigger than they are

Okay, launch day. Shall we put a lock on full servers to stop people rolling there.....

No because we have the collective common sense of the entire Mythic dev team (who drove Warhammer into the ground)

10am GMT and both of my servers have a queue already.

10am here in the UK and there is an hour wait already....I know it's launch day but this if this is what it is going to be like ALL the time now, seriously considering not playing as I already feel like I have been ripped off a little. The game itself was more expensive than new release console games let alone being twice as expensive than your standard MMO client, Bioware your reputation is having a major dent put in it at the moment.

We don't just need NEW servers, which was announced and obviously going to happen. There needs to be free transfers for solo characters and expansions made on the large server that are pre existing.

trask ulgo was already full, instead of on release letting new people build characters on it they should have said Server Close with a message saying please choose another server.

I think I was on 287 and have now gone up in the queue to 291... go figure

10:54 @ Europe, 894 queue. This is a complete wreckage for a release day. Free migrations now BioWare.

This should have been implemented already. It's always the same story: lack of foresight. They had to know traffic would be terrible on launch day. For people to have to queue so epically long is not good advertising for the game.

The lack of communication is really upsetting too. One generic OP :(

Even though my wait time is supposed to be < 10 min, I've waited half an hour and only advanced halfway through the queue. Thank goodness it's not a big queue, or I'd have been raging. Guild Wars is a free game and I never once had to queue. The occasional lag couldn't be avoided, but it never lasted long. EA could learn something from ArenaNet, jeesh.

Okay, launch day. Shall we put a lock on full servers to stop people rolling there.....

No because we have the collective common sense of the entire Mythic dev team (who drove Warhammer into the ground)

10am GMT and both of my servers have a queue already.

Word. Lack of common sense is cringeworthy.

what about server transfer? Im on the Sith Triumvirate (german) and there are queues all the time.

The people I talked to about that would try another server if it weren't for their characters. So if they could transfer they probably would? Some won't, of course, because of their guilds or whatever but it would most certainly lower the pressure.

Now the game i think we can all agree is fantastic, smooth and polished.So why when we pay good money to play and pay your wages are we forced to wait so long? im sorry but there realy is no excuse for this! wow manage to do this seemlesly.I have to be honest when i have an hour before work to play and cant do it then what choice do we have other than to ditch our accounts and go play something that lets us in?

Do something about this before you loose alot of your subscribers bio!

well its better then when WoW was released, they had to much cap on their servers so it was so laggy u couldnt play the first few days ^^

anyways hopefully they will solve this within a day or two, cos tbh que time is after all not what paying customers want to do with their time.

So, what have BioWare done about the queue? They where so high and mighty about how cerfull they where in the early access.......

One would know that some queue will happen, but as it is now. It is beyond out of controll, and the peak is not here yett.......

Do they even know what they are doing? Have they not learned enything from other MMO's, Beta's and early access?....

I have been in the que for nearly 40 mins, and i am still position 343 :/ when i logged on this morning it said it was a less than 10 min wait time :/ gg

I am assuming that they have lowered the pop cap on the older servers? which makes sense in a round about way, but its suck to be those of us who want to play the characters that we have been playing on in the EA :/