Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Haha, this game is so much fun. We're doing the Taral V flashpoint, managed to get the first two bosses down, then I dc'd, had to wait an hour in the queue, we got to the third boss and another one of us got dc'd and now we'll have to wait for another hour. We started almost 2 hours ago and we finished maybe half of the flashpoint. Great. It's a game about waiting for your teammates to log back in! Awesome! Thank you so much, Bioware.

Regards,

Kalantris

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg, please do. The sooner you drop and stop playing the sooner I'll get in game to get into the queues.

Please to all of you making empty threats, just leave. That'll leave us that actually have and want to continue playing able to get on and play faster instead of wasting my time waiting for you to get out and get gone.

Where was there any threats? Just facts.

Unacceptable to be sitting in queues for a game I am paying for. Good news for everyone else as there will be one less person in the queues for you.

Oh and please stop with the "this is how all MMO's are at launch". This isnt 10 years ago. Most if not all of recent launches did not have queue times at launch. The last 3 MMO's I played --- Lord of Rings, Warhammer, and Rift, I never was in a queue. This is the best way to loss customers.

And for those saying well switch to a different server. I did that and BOTH servers have the same wait times.

I'm actually pretty shocked that they've received this monstrosity of feedback and still haven't even replied that they're TRYING to implement server transfers. Almost 4,000 posts in this thread now... something's going to give sooner or later.

I don't think you get the point of this thread. We ALL want to play, but not everybody has time to wait a few hours in the queue. Did you not read 360/380 pages of this thread where people were complaining about how they want to play bud dont have the time to wait in the queue?

We all want to play, but not everybody has time to wait a few hours in the queue, play for 10 mins and then dc and gotta do the queue again.

The issue is that all of these new people who are just getting into the game are rolling on Full servers thinking "Hey! I want a populated server!" Instead of spreading out to the 20 or so standard or light servers that need to be filled up. If they filled those up this wouldn't have been as big a deal.

Bioware is it possible for you guys to lock the full servers so people can't roll on them anymore? As a temporary thing.

Fact .I'll be honest, this is what I did...but I joined on Day 1 Wave 3 of EGA and my server was at "Heavy." I have a bunch of mates wanting to play the game in January but, unless BW fix things somehow, I'll probably have to re-roll which is NOT something I particularly want to do :/

Spanish comunity and Italian comunity are falling apart, thanks to your indecent and fail guild-alliance deployment.

We spent months, tryng to rally up everybody (spanish rally up more than 2k and italians almost 800).

now people are tired of your stupid queue and who can't stand in queue for 6 hours is going there and there...

we all asked for free transfer or soemthing like that...silence...

you are just a bounch of incompetent!

The state of TOFN is partly your fault. A large RVR community and the Italians said they were going to play on TOFN... And yet the spanish community chose to play on the same server. What did you expect was going to happen? The server can't support unlimited numbers of players. The ques at primetime is up toward 1500-2k, raising the player cap 500 wont help much. Some people on the server has to reroll or transfer, and the server need to be blocked from creating new chars, thats the only solution.

The problem I have with those queues is that they keep on getting worse and not better. They persisted since the second day of early access. I wasn't complaining then and I understand they wanted to monitor and balance population. Nothing has changed, except for queues getting worse. We had them all day long and they get worse.

I was disconnected from the server earlier because I went to eat dinner and now I'm stuck in what looks like a 2 hour queue. It also doesn't help that not a single new RP-PVP server has been openened for launch. They were Full most of the time during early access already. Now they're suffocating. Can't blame new players either because they don't even have an option to go to for this type of server since BioWare didn't provide one.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

I am so sick of rerolling... I have done it 4 times now due to queues... get into game day 2 of EA make a char get to 14 next day 40 minute queues... reroll on a brand new server get a char to 13 next day 25 min queue.... had day off yesterday and got a trooper to level 21, 10 am this morning there is 12 more new servers and a 20 min queue to the server the trooper is on...

This is such bullcrap, I am tired of rerolling, I am tired of queues... if you would have released all the servers at the get go they would be more evenly distributed instead of the willy nilly crap of ok all servers are now overfilled release more server and ppl either wait or reroll yet again.

Unacceptable to be sitting in queues for a game I am paying for. Good news for everyone else as there will be one less person in the queues for you.

Oh and please stop with the "this is how all MMO's are at launch". This isnt 10 years ago. Most if not all of recent launches did not have queue times at launch. The last 3 MMO's I played --- Lord of Rings, Warhammer, and Rift, I never was in a queue. This is the best way to loss customers.

And for those saying well switch to a different server. I did that and BOTH servers have the same wait times.

All three of those games sucked.

Not only is this an MMO at launch, it's the largest MMO launch in history.

The state of TOFN is partly your fault. A large RVR community and the Italians said they were going to play on TOFN... And yet the spanish community chose to play on the same server. What did you expect was going to happen? The server can't support unlimited numbers of players. The ques at primetime is up toward 1500-2k, raising the player cap 500 wont help much. Some people on the server has to reroll or transfer, and the server need to be blocked from creating new chars, thats the only solution.

everyone knew the server at the same time, how can someone decide something before someone elses when everybody had only 1 day? they should have given out the list way before 1 day.

Same mistake you made in beta. You let weekend testers make characters on the permanent beta servers. Why would you ever let full early access servers open to new accounts unless the server wasn't already running a queue.

I picked my server in early access which was on thursday it was a standard pop server. By sunday it was a full server with < 5 minute queue. Now after launch I am sitting at over an hour queue.

They should just set the cap for all servers at 10.000 for example and add more servers.

p.s.

U guys even monitoring the freaking RPPVP servers in Europe they are full since Thursday pre launch on European peak hours, they've been full whole day since launch with queue's from this morning till this evening. Makes u think that u should release a new server or not?

I've been really patient whole the time untill today when i found out u guys added a new server from everything except RPPVP ppl are already leaving these servers coz they don't want to play on a full server. Alot are willing to reroll to a new fresh one..

So maybe it's time right!??

btw i just came back home its 10 pm here and i won't be playing the game tonite anymore since i'm in place 450 and 45 minutes before i can join... :(

/sad wookie :'(

Queues are partly a community problem.

Launch day and late EA people refused to use the brand new servers that Bioware opened up JUST FOR THEM so now those of us who have been playing since Tuesday can't even get into our servers that were empty when we picked them.

It's an empty threat when none of you actually walk away.

I wasn't talking about anyone in specific, in general if people cant play something what they are paying for, why pay for it?

Please think about what your saying before using your keyboard.

People complains about mere 15 - 30 min queue times.. I would say that's acceptable and normal for a newly launched MMO. But try the EU server Bloodworthy, 3 - 4 hour sodding queue times! :S I'm not gonna reroll to a new server, I have my guild and all my friends there.

Since I agree with him I do give two poo's what he thinks.

Welcome to an MMO launch, queues will calm down in a few days, and in the long run they're for your servers benefit.

Quit whining.

Considering every other MMO has this problem you would think BW would learn from that mistake.

It isn't a game breaker for me, but it doesn't make me want to sing the games praises.