Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You, sir, no nothing about server launches at this large of a launch. There is NO WAY to "stress test" for this large amount of players. That is impossible. Next.

While technically correct, your dismissive attitude is misguided. People payed for the game and upon seeing an hour long queue at 9am (EST) on a weekday people are starting to think they won't get to play at all on the weekend and over the holiday when logic suggests that more people will want to play...

Also there are alot of people who have joined guilds before release, those guild's where already sent to pre-determind servers, unfortunatly those guilds have been put on the first round of servers (from early access) which of course are already full anyway, that is causing big issues.

Typical America, its either sue the pants of the next person to try to get something for free.

Wow that's a huge assumption. Way to go

The queue times are wrong too by the way. It says less than 20 minute wait. I started at number 254 20 minutes ago and now I'm at 186.

Are you serious? the game just launched, do a re-roll on a new server and get over it. If you don't have time to wait in line, then come back next week.

Typical America, its either sue the pants of the next person to try to get something for free.

Oh really, just launched? Then why is my character level 35 and my entire guild is already in since last thursday/friday tops? Should we all reroll? Where to, master? To another server, that will just get overcrowded exactly like the one we were appointed to by Bioware employees themselves during the guild pre-launch programme?

Regards,

Kalantris

Does anyone know if you try to log out and switch chars does it place you back in the que. If your on the same server?

Fortunately that does not put you back in the queue. You will get straight back to your character selection screen, so it's totally safe :)

STO at launch was 'press spacebar online'. SWTOR is 'Queue Online'.

Seriously, people, this is unacceptable level of service. You knew your capacity and your knew numbers of incoming players. And coming home from work, launching the game and witnessing myself being glorious number 187 in queue pisses off really. Especially considering that i paid for a month of play time, not of waiting.

And to those who think that you can reroll on another server - sorry fellas my guild (100+ members) is on this server. I am NOT gonna move.

And i hate to think what will happen when i crash or am disconnected (that happens 3-4 times during the evening)

Edited by DarthRakeesh

I get the whole argument from both sides. What I don't understand is, no let me rephrase.. what I AM COMPLETELY dumbfounded by is that BW did not lock full servers.

9am and I have a 30 minute queue. I can handle queues during primetime but now its getting rediculous. Obviously we had a bunch of people join our server at launch which was already full... which is also dumbfounding. It should have been locked.

OK the game is now live. Lack of planning on BW part is not going to be a problem on my part. I have been in que for 1 hour waiting to get into Mind Trick server. BW put my guild, friends and family here and we can't get in?

The good news is gamestop did not open for the new release so me and my wife can get our money back for the collectors edition. Now that the game is live, i am not paying 300 dollars to twittle my thumbs from lack of planning on BW part.

The game is GREAT and amazing IMO. But not 300 dollars worth of waiting great. See you all in a few months especially if TSO is bad.

FUCIN HELL BIOWARE!

Lets take from the beginning...

@10 AM GMT+1 = Joins the queue for 2½ hours, having an error 1002 and many error 1003.

@12:30 PM = Gets ingame, and play for 30 mins, then the server D/C's me.

Back to the queue...

@2 PM = Finally back into the game... for 10 mins, then another D/C hits... yay...

@2:45 PM = Access to the game once again! weee...

@3:05 PM = D/C once again... for **** sake... Enter queue again @ position 103.

When I'm at position 33, I get a FUCIN ERROR AGAIN! BACK IN LINE FOR THE QUEUE!

@3:30 PM = Currently in position 75, just wating for another god damn crash...

Bioware, you shoulda stopped with Dragon Age...

I'm laughing at the people whining about 10-20 minute queue times. I haven't been able to log in to Iron Citadel without being stuck in a 90 minute queue for nearly the entire early game access. I'd give my fricking lightsaber to get a 10-20 minute queue time. It continues this morning, it's not even peak hours and the server is showing a minimum of a 30 minute queue.

What a joke.

It's going to be unfortunate that the queues are going to kill SWToR before it even gets a chance to get going. I'm sorry but "part art, part science" is not an excuse at the launch of a game. People want to log in and play, not log in and find they have another 2 hour wait to play after they just spent 4 hours downloading (or an hour installing) the game.

Don't get me wrong, I love SWToR and think it's an exceptional game, but the queues are unacceptable at this point in the game.

I get the whole argument from both sides. What I don't understand is, no let me rephrase.. what I AM COMPLETELY dumbfounded by is that BW did not lock full servers.

9am and I have a 30 minute queue. I can handle queues during primetime but now its getting rediculous. Obviously we had a bunch of people join our server at launch which was already full... which is also dumbfounding. It should have been locked.

Kinda funny, right? I said exactly the same thing. We had 300+ queues before the game went live. Why didn't they just lock our server to everyone not invited during the guild deployment phase? So that we can now wait in 3000+ queues?

Regards,

Kalantris

Originaly posted by A CS rep

"Hello everyone,

We know that the game queues are an important topic and in order to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread where an official statement has been made. This will help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in this ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there!

What is actually meant is:-

"Hello everyone,

We know that the game queues are an important topic that we are not planning on doing much at the moment and in order to keep the discussion hidden as far away as possible we ask that everyone use this thread where an official statement that gives no answers has been made. This will help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in this ongoing conversation without making too much of an issue that might put off potential subscribers. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there, like it will make a difference!

:rolleyes:

Are you serious? the game just launched, do a re-roll on a new server and get over it. If you don't have time to wait in line, then come back next week.

German actually. But nice try.

Level 22 thanks to having this weekend to play. Not going to re-roll again and go through all that. Like I said. Limited time so I got to make do with what I have and NOT start over. Also, why should I be punished for pre-ordering the game???

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

Hi,

Whilst I appreciate that you are bringing on new servers, the current queues on full realms are unacceptable. So, your bringing on new servers, (do you seriously expect people to delete their current characters and just re-roll new ones on these new servers?) will not make much difference to full realms. No this is NOT the answer, remember, all characters are PAYING customers and need to be treated as such or this game will quickly go the way of the dodo as people get fedup. Any form of queueing is unacceptable, people pay to play not to wait. Can you imagine going to an ATM machine, inserting your card and the machine telling you it cannot service your request for 10 minutes? Naturally you would be quite upset, you would probably switch banks. Also, imagine being in a raid or dungeon in the game and the client crashing to desktop, and then having to wait 10 minutes to get back in, is this fair to either you or the other people waiting on you? No it isn't. To be honest, you knew the numbers up front with the amount of pre-orders etc. so having sufficient infrastructure before going live is not rocket science, it's just good planning and management.

I suggest you initiate and very quickly, free character transfer so people do not need to queue. If you do not, this great game will go the same way the previous ones did and die. You need to manage this properly sooner rather than later.

Wow... 510 pages of comments for this topic. I think it's fair to say this should be #1 on Bioware's list of things to fix. I'm not trying to say this is an easy fix. But for the sake of the game I hope you find some way to make this better.

I agree that this is pay to play and not pay to wait.

I only have a windows of an hour or two every day to play, and if I spend that entire time waiting in a queue, I might as well have not bought the game.

Let see here.

To play WoW, $15 no waiting.

For SWTOR, $15 must wait to play.

How about at least giving a discount to players whos servers are always full?

Learn from Blizzard and remove the wait!