Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Next time there is a questionaire about "would you recommend this game to a friend" be sure include the line that says "if you knew when you queued to the server your guild is on you would be number 1200 in the que and wait over 2 hours every time you want to play"

because I think the feedback might be more accurate now.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only the second day of actual launch guy's, the game is awesome. I am sure that bioware is going to do free server tranfers very soon, for acounts and guilds. I know it sucks, but come on it's day two, weren't most of you guys expecting a few bumps?

It's day 6 for these huge queues, actually. 5 days ago they started consolidating all the queue gripe threads into this one, which has rolled over once.

Now there's a new thread (here) where SR basically says they can't do character transfers yet, and doesn't know when they'll get them. He also says the queues will continue for the foreseeable future. Not a good sign.

If BioWare is "monitoring and adjusting" stuff, it hasn't made any appreciable difference for these hardest-hit servers.

Edited by ArkhamNative

Why are u guys crying? This is a launch u idiots, its just the begining of a game that maybe half the world wants to play... exspect lots of players logging in the game. I had to wait a hour to play the game and im not crying. I mean really guys i understand ur pain that u want to play really bad but face it BW is working as hard as they can to make everything work out, now give them a chance to!

P.S. STOP QQING NUBS!

Edited by Gramm

Ok name me one MMO day after launch that had a server with 600 queue at 7.25am?

World of Warcraft? Their servers crashed every minute so no one would be able to log in so all you nubs QQing let BW work and shut the heck up about ur wait times, if its so long join anather server with no wait time cuz i saw a few and just play that for awhile god all u babys QQing its launch exspect large problems.

World of Warcraft? Their servers crashed every minute so no one would be able to log in so all you nubs QQing let BW work and shut the heck up about ur wait times, if its so long join anather server with no wait time cuz i saw a few and just play that for awhile god all u babys QQing its launch exspect large problems.

First of all, awesome typing skills. Second of all, wow didn't have tons of server crashes, only a few highly populated servers did. On launch the worst I experienced was ping spikes now and then for a few days. Keep on lying dawg. :cool:

I trully don't understand how there can be 40 minute queue at noon on a weekday x.x

Schools pretty much over..and holidays have started for a lot...I know a few that took two weeks starting with Monday to play this game specifically.

Also.. *truly

Edited by Calhoun_Solo

First of all, awesome typing skills. Second of all, wow didn't have tons of server crashes, only a few highly populated servers did. On launch the worst I experienced was ping spikes now and then for a few days. Keep on lying dawg. :cool:

He's not "lying".

Get a grip...geez.

I can appreciate the necessity to keep the servers stable, but we were assigned to the server we're on. With absolutely zero emotion in my tone of voice, these queue times are not acceptable.

I will be giving you guys a short window to get a solution. I don't care whether that's free transfers, increased population cap, or the ability to never log out, ever ;)

After a week I won't be playing anymore. This game isn't free any longer and it's an hr long queue at noon on Wednesday, which I'm sure will translate into a 3hr + queue this evening.

Edited by Justwalkaway

I can appreciate the necessity to keep the servers stable, but we were assigned to the server we're on. With absolutely zero emotion in my tone of voice, these queue times are not acceptable.

I will be giving you guys a short window to get a solution. I don't care whether that's free transfers, increased population cap, or the ability to never log out, ever ;)

After a week I won't be playing anymore. This game isn't free any longer and it's an hr long queue at noon on Wednesday.

+10 if I could

They couldn't possibly be working on the problem. No, sir.

IF they were working on the problem then I would assign someone to monitor this forum and reply to people and explain what is going on. BW has screw you to everyone and I don't like being screwed so I will be cancelling both subs.

BW HAS EPICALLY FAILED HERE AND IT'S ONLY GETTING WORSE!!!

Quit being a fanboi, fanbois sicken me!!!

I just wanted to be sure that people on this thread are also watching this one started yesterday: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=60893

Key points from this are that MOST servers are not near they population cap. They are rasing caps slowly to ensure good population growth across all server. There are server he lists that will soon be unable to serve any more growth, obviosuly an issue and they are workign on transfers for those server and any more that arise in the weeks to come.

I'm not a fayboy for any game, but I do think that regardless of the issue at hand, this game is far better that anything out there. I agree with alot of you that this should have been planned out better and that they should have had ALL of their servers live during EGA and spread the major guilds and hardcore gamers out across them all. I just like most of you chose my server when it was LIGHT and now experience daily ques and have lost playtime as a result.

Last night durring prime time teh que was considerably shorter (I waited 28 minutes) . As long as I continue to see correspondance from BioWare and que improvements I am here to stay.

Just my 2cents....

I won't be sticking around much longer if this keeps up.

35 mins at noon on a weekday is not acceptable and why people are STILL being allowed to roll on these servers is even less acceptable to me.

Bioware have thouroughly mismanaged the launch of this game and there seems to be a distinct lack of damage control being institued to mitigate the serious problems people are having.

This isn't helped by the client being unstable for some people who get booted and then have to wait hours to play again.

JM2C

I trully don't understand how there can be 40 minute queue at noon on a weekday x.x

Yeah, in that boat as well. I (and my guild) followed EA/BW advice on finding the light server and moving there. And we did that day 1 of early play. Where the other RP servers were standard/heavy we went to the light. Leveled, crafted had fun and then the que hit.

It's 12:30 on a Wednesday afternoon and I've got an hour wait to log in, while I look at the screen and see 15 servers with "LIGHT" next to them.

It seems to me that someone along the line made a big mistake. There is an argument for BW that they don't want people to be on servers that in a short while will be near empty of players. I can understand that, to an extent. From what I'm seeing, they put all the people that pre-ordered and were in guilds on a select few servers. Did they think that people that who pre-ordered, meaning PAID FOR A PRODUCT THAT THEY DIDN'T WHEN THEY'D GET TO USE IT, are MMO junkies, claw and fight to get beta access, won't keep playing when the game is live? That these people will only play for an hour then log off so others will be able to get online to play? Come on.

1.I've seen suggestions to offer server transfers for guilds, sounds like a good idea. At this stage does it really matter what server you're on?

2.If the population cap is set really low, as I've read above, jack it up! I'm with other posters. I'm on Balmorra and it show 62 people there! I can't find people for groups either.

With such a massive variant from several servers full and many hour wait times to servers that are empty, with almost nothing in between, indicates a mistake was made when early access was granted to pre-order customers.

My biggest question would be, Why does the population on the servers only show those who are online atm? And not the big picture (all accounts with a character on the server)?

An example of what i mean is... When I logged in to check how long queue it would be on monday night about 01:00 GMT, and Basilisk Droid server population says STANDARD population even though it always is FULL 16:00 to about 23:00 sometimes later.

Yeah. It's pretty frustrating to want to get in a quick session in the morning only to see that I'd have to wait 40 minutes to log in (except at 5:30 AM server time! No queue!) but I'm also not about to cry bloody murder on day 2.

I'm hoping they are running at lower server pops to ensure that those playing have a good experience and the servers don't crash. Since queues (and the slowness of alt tabbing) are my only concerns so far, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for a bit.

With the promise of a pre-selected server for registered guildies to log onto and be automatically entered into the guild and not have to wait for invites, that was A 1-Off Good Thing.

Being unable to join in with the guild because that server now has hour-long queuing at the time you get home from work and only those who can log in during the morning only play then because the later queuing puts them off - is A Many-Times Bad Thing.

Despite enjoying the overall TOR experience when I do eventually get in, I won't be subscribing to a gaming service where a significant portion of my online time will be spent watching a count-down.

Please offer a free guild transfer service out of these over-subscribed servers that we were placed into !