Regarding server queues

StephenReid

I will not pay a subscription for a game that puts me in a 486 account queue at 11 pm at night on a week day and I don't care if it is a launch. Bioware has failed by using queues as a crutch instead of taking steps to ensure large queues didn't happen.

Games with larger sub bases with more people playing at one time do just fine without queues and at least part of that 130 million bucks should have gone towards ensuring that large queues didn't happen.

This alone is the largest failure of Bioware. The fanboys can make excuses for Bioware but the simple fact is that technology has taken such a large leap that queues this large should not be an issue at launch.

People aren't going to pay for a game they can't play, that is the bottom line.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I logged on at 4:30 AM, and i still had a 30 minute wait. And I just tried to log on tonight at 10:00 pm, and I have a 2 hour wait. What is going on BIOWARE? Either give my guild a free pass to move our characters to a new server or give me my money back please. May i remind you that it was you that put my guild on the server we are currently on? I have never seen Swiftsure without a queue.........

People need to quit ************ seriously, the issue is from at least the server I am on is the fact is has supposedly been declared the Unofficial Oceanic Server. I honestly dont mind the waiting but possibly give the Aussies and other Oceanic groups the server that is along with there side of the world? it would be beneficial to all parties and I am not trying to offend anyone and if I have, I apologize.

extend the swiftsure server limit please. obviously if there is a constant 1000 person que we arnt going to change servers

THIS,

Increase the server cap on this server, 1000 people in line is ridiculous.. every day at this exact same time... even bump it up by 500 it would make a huge difference.

getting sick and tired of waiting over an hour to get in.

Edited by Samurai_dk

Why not put my next payment in a queue and I will get to it as soon as I can process payment request? Sounds good? You do not expect that sort of behavior from your customers why should they tolerate it from you?

I personally consider sitting in a queue downtime or a technical issue and simply want it addressed. This we can't promise anything in the queues is utterly useless or find someone who can deliver results over there at EA or Bioware.

-Tordo

Edited by tordo

It blows hard, and it needs to be fixed, but it'll probably take about a week for anything to be done about. Those of us with 30+ characters, where rerolling just isn't gonna happen (Because **** that) should just stick it out for now, and come back and complain more when/if nothing gets done by next week.

most people who aren't already settled in on the server are gonna piss and moan and switch servers to avoid queues (hopefully... as long as someone doesn't make a damn forum post saying how balanced your server is. /grumble)

I heard they will make an official oceanic server in March.....

And how does that fix the issue for SWiftsure? EVeryone in the Pacific including our Australian friends will have established their characters even more. What incentive is it for them to move to another server? and how does that change the situation now? I wanted to play this during the holiday break when I have time. I don't want to spend it waiting in a queue.....

Even trying to sneak on before 6am there's a queue on Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Again, you need to correct the issue, not expect customers to do it for you.

You know this is pathetic service, we know this is pathetic service, take some initiative and take steps to fix this, the hide & see what happens tactic is pretty weak.

While it's not a moral issue but a business one, it doesn't change the fact that I personally would feel like trash if I treated even ONE of my customers like this.

I honestly thought 'Well, there's no way they'll not have at least a satisfying response by wednesday morning, it's been over a week now and the problems only escalated'.

You're just prooving me wrong at every turn.

Edited by Valkaern

It hasn't been a week since actual release.

And yeah it blows, Helm of Graush has stupid ridiculous 1k+ people queues too. They definitely need to give people the option to xfer to a lower pop server, at the very least those of us who were assigned to said server.

But that can take a while to set up and blah blah blah. Patience is a virtue.

In the mean time they definitely need to put locks on some servers.

Queue on Freedon Nadd at 7am, its just getting worse and worse everyday.

I just talked to my guildie on vent who was on even earlier and said there was was a queue at 6am.

Totally ridiculous.

Dont wanna hear any crap about rerolling either as i dinged 50 yesterday and its not an option.

Midweek and que of over 45 minz at 6 GMT time, this is starting to be annoying, I can understand the ques and I can even say I am not that annoyed to have to wait to get IN, but what I can not is that your client has MEMORY LEAKS, and it requires a frequent restart or it will crash in the best case it starts behaving like I am watching a slide show and that is from 100 Fps down to CHOP FPS, one way or the other you have to go to desktop and from there you get QUE AGAIN! short this so least you don't re-que again, what happens when we start raiding or doing rated pvp we DC and we call it a night?

I am pretty sure someone somewhere above said something like that but I am just adding to the list.

SHORT THE RELOG THING!

Kindly and yours truly

G

Edited by drinsane

Queue on Freedon Nadd at 7am, its just getting worse and worse everyday.

I just talked to my guildie on vent who was on even earlier and said there was was a queue at 6am.

Totally ridiculous.

Dont wanna hear any crap about rerolling either as i dinged 50 yesterday and its not an option.

Jung Ma had a que of 100 at 11 am and it got longer and longer as the day went.

Why not put my next payment in a queue and I will get to it as soon as I can process payment request? Sounds good? You do not expect that sort of behavior from your customers why should they tolerate it from you?

I personally consider sitting in a queue downtime or a technical issue and simply want it addressed. This we can't promise anything in the queues is utterly useless or find someone who can deliver results over there at EA or Bioware.

-Tordo

^This

Me and my guildmates have already estimated that there was probably 100mil made alone from the pre-orders and with an estimate of already 1.5million players in the game probably subbing for at least one month after, there should be plenty of money to cover some slight server upgrades to the few overflowing servers.

It has been over a week since early release and the queues are still grossly disgusting on Swiftsure, the server Biwoare put my entire guild on. I've been saved of this because of the holidays, being able to log in before the rush hits every day. However, just like everyone else in my guild, at some point we have some kind of internet or computer problem, kicked, and now we're back in a 2-3 hour long queue. Awesome game bioware, horribly ability to adapt, it really shouldn't be that hard with all the engineers and great network minds you have to divert some bandwidth from the less populated servers and do some upgrades to the packed out servers to manage their populations.

I don't mind waiting the queues. I queue up, watch a few movies, then bang I'm in. What I cant stand, and don't understand; is why Bioware hasn't implemented a grace period for disconnects. Waiting a 3 hour queue is OK as long as I can play how ever long I want once I'm in, and not have to wait another 3 hour queue when I disconnect. Why not give us a five minute grace period? I can't imagine such modifications to be so difficult to implement. What I'm asking for and from what I can tell, lots of people are asking for is a disconnect grace period. Were not asking for something outrages like give us free game time forever. Just give us that 5 minute grace period for disconnects. That is all were asking for. If Bioware is not able to resolve such issues, then maybe they should stick to single player games. Maybe the MMO arena is not for them.