Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since I gained early access I've had to queue to get on (EU) server...the longest I've waited is 2 hours, and the shortest 30 minutes - complete joke if you ask me especially when people like myself have forked out on the Digital Deluxe version & also subscribed. Paying customers should be able to log on to their chosen server instantly.

Server transfer is desperately needed...even though 90% of all EU servers are consistently FULL during peak/sociable hours of the day.

VERY DISSAPOINTED.

3 Different servers and all full at this time with queues is pretty bad. Hate to see how it goes in a week. need to open more servers and start a free character transfer for us that are willing to jump to the new servers. Cut down the pop on these servers at least a little.

Thought i'd join in this never ending thread.

I'm off at work at the moment for xmas so i have had plenty of time to get on and with no queues.

But i've noticed that queues have been appearing later in the day usually around 300+ people and a wait of around 10 min.

This morning i've logged on (9am) and Ahto City (Europe) has a 35min Queue already i hate see what its going to be like later on in the day.

Now i understand that its official release day and a lot of people would have had the day off but still thats plain stupid. I can put up with a 10min wait i dont mind i've been through it all before with other games and they settled down but a 35min wait at 9am thats silly, hell my brother has pretty much stopped playing as he can only get on at night and doesnt want to send time in the queue.

Kaz.

incidentally, WOW had exactly the same problem in the beginning, i remember server

queues of 300.

Queues of more than 2,000 on ToFN, compare that :mad: My entire guild is now more than 80 people all with chars 25+. A free transfer would be really appreciated otherwise you'll keep having people trying to find "something" to keep the char online even during the night or worktimes. Most of the population in a FULL server is not even playing but the queues are so frustrating that they don't even log out just for the fear of a 3 hours waiting. From 2 days we will all be paying to play and not playing to wait. We all hope this is fixed that day or you will lose a lot of money (not mentioning the bad press)

The real stupidity here was only having a few servers available during EGA and slowly ramping that up. By all means have early game access and by all means invite how you want, but the entirety of the server infrastructure should have been online & available on day 1. Bioware knew full well the number of people incoming.

That way, everyone would know what they were working with. As it is, we've ended up with heavily congested servers because people flocked to the only ones that were available. It's no good just opening new servers now. People have made characters, begun or in some cases finished progression, joined or part of guilds, and so on. Give us free transfers so we can help you ease the server burden that you ineptly created.

Oh well, Skyrim it is.

Most of the population in a FULL server is not even playing but the queues are so frustrating that they don't even log out just for the fear of a 3 hours waiting.

Also this. The game has no grace system for disconnects or logouts that keep your position on the server for even a few minutes; people dare not leave the game unattended for fear of queues, so they AFK walk into walls for two hours over lunch. That's how bad this situation has become.

Edited by Grammarye

New players should just go on the empty servers, their friends can follow them there. If they wanne play together they need to make a new char anyways.

This is not a solution we don't need the new servers. the "servers" we see are a cluster of servers, instead of make new "servers" they need to take the servers they would use in this new cluster and put them in the old ones!

This is really a joke... You guys would know, this is Xmas time, with many possible players and newcomers. Now I'm sitting in front of my comp, and watching the queue bar. Which is very entertaining, but I didnt preorder and pay for this. And its STILL work /schooltime! How could someone play in the holidays? Never log out?

Saving (more likely not spending) money as EA does, and not starting with enough servers is ugly. I hope, I need to activate my digital version, because if I need to do it, I wont. And I sell this crap to someone.... Well done EA.

The guild placement program was clearly a gigantic mistake. So many people report not even being placed with allies/enemies. Which leads these guilds to travel to servers familiar guilds are on, skewing the balance.

So, correct it. It didn't work.

Offer guild transfers to other servers and continue to proactively correct the balance from there, 'sit back and watch' as a game plan at this stage sounds a bit weak.

It's launch day of your MMO and there's clearly a pretty major disaster here, take some initiative and get to work on it.

Back to over 1k in our queue after 3 queues of 2-300 people earlier. Any compulsion to see this game through is dwindling daily. You have to expect that eventually, probably sooner than later, the customer weighs the situation fairly, I doubt many will be able to justify paying to jump through this many hoops for brief glimpses of the game.

1. Some of the largest companies in MMORPG have created this game. Should think they knew how to make it work!!!

2. Make it possible for people to move their character from one server to another - and no it shouldn't cost anything or make you loose anything. Just.. hey... i'm joining this server today because it's only lightly populated, or my friends are playing on it, or... you get the idea.... i hope.

3. If you can't fix this quick, start thinking about giving people free gametime as a small compensation. Oh.. and start thinking about all the players you are about to loose.

4. To sum up. Fix it quickly!!

For me the most frustrating part of this issue was to see that there are several lowly populated servers while the server I created my character at (I was one of the first to join the T3-M4 servers) was full. I cannot explain why some servers got this highly over populated but I do know that this must not stay this way.

Till now Bioware did not seem to adress this issue properly: Adding new servers does not solve the problem of waiting time for those who already have a character on highly populated servers and telling those people to reroll at another server is no solution either since most players (me included) don’t want to loose the character they already started to like. It took me about ???? hours of playtime till I reached the current level of my character and the story did its job: It made me identify myself with my character.

There are two easy ways of getting rid of the current situation:

1. Stop new players from joining highly populated servers
    A lot of people think joining highly populated servers is a good idea because they do have a lot of players to play with on those servers. This main idea is fine with me but those players usually don’t see the drawback: Every player who joins a highly populated server raises the waiting queue every player has to get through. A single player might think “Waiting for one extra guy doesn’t harm anybody.” which usually is true, but since there are hundreds of players thinking this way servers rapidly get overwhelmed by high player amounts.

2. Allow players to transfer their characters
    From a programmers perspective I can say that writing a script which transfers one character from a server to another is not much of a deal if the rest of the program is written correctly. The necessary code possibly exists somewhere else in the game already. The only thing the developers would have to put the code together, implement a nice UI to the game using the code and everything would be finde. A cooldown could be added as well if Bioware fears “server hopping”.

Ye this is getting out of hand, its not even close to peak hours here in the EU, but we already got +2 hours ques on Bloodworthy, saying +2 since I already sat in the que for 40 min and i only move 120 spots forward and still missing 270 "hurra".

Its rather tiresome to here people say, just move server all the time. First of nobody plays alone anymore, everybody are playing with friends so if you got to start all over you need your friends to start all over aswell.

Secondly: If you get all your friends to move server, you need to make sure that the language used on that server is one you understand. Because there alot of servers that are being spoken, russian, spanish, swedish, finish and so on in and you dont want to get stuck on a server where you dont understand anything said in general.

We tried making some new chars on a server called Starstorm One, but after playing there for a while people started saying it was a russian server and they started speaking russian all over the general chat, which as a Danish person is rather annoying. When you try and tell them thats its kinda rude to speak their native language on a english server people go all emo and tell you to learn other languages then English, but its the same if I and everybody else who is Danish started talking danish in gerneral leaving all the russian players in the dark and then getting angry when they asked us to speak a language they understod. SO PLZ STOP SAYING WE NEED TO LEARN YOUR LANGAUGES!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rather long "whine" post but this is getting annoying.

Server: The Red Eclipse

Time 11:15 GMT+1

queue: 300+

in the immortal lisp of Sylvester the cat, or Daffy Duck:

inconceivable!

I mean, this queue only gets worse as the day progresses...

I have created characters on anotherserver, but now that one has queues too! (Ludo Kressh)

Bioware, just putting up a statement doesn't really appease the mood...

do something about it, and do it fast...

getting Desktopcrashes and haviong to wait 3days to get in is rediculous...

C'mon Guys,

These waiting times are terrible, now i'd understand if it were some other kind of issue ....say some bugs, which i know takes more time to fix (this game has been not bad if im honest, compared to the bugs BF3 had). however almost every single player who has purchased the game has now experianced queues that are pretty rediculious to say the least.

this is a quick fix to be honest and i can tell you one thing you aint getting any of my pay per month cash if this aint fixed VERY quickly, i aint waiting half my day to login and paying to wait in a freaking queue.......

take a leaf from WoW (which you have done anyway), and allow server migrations immedatley......

also the gamplay aint great the thing that holds people here is the fact its star wars......this could flop very quickly

I really hope bioware ensures that servers that were already full during early game access will not receive too many new-players, bit of a pitty if I have to change my server again in order to have a decent game experience.

or any game experience at all *sigh*

C'mon Guys,

These waiting times are terrible, now i'd understand if it were some other kind of issue ....say some bugs, which i know takes more time to fix (this game has been not bad if im honest, compared to the bugs BF3 had). however almost every single player who has purchased the game has now experianced queues that are pretty rediculious to say the least.

this is a quick fix to be honest and i can tell you one thing you aint getting any of my pay per month cash if this aint fixed VERY quickly, i aint waiting half my day to login and paying to wait in a freaking queue.......

take a leaf from WoW (which you have done anyway), and allow server migrations immedatley......

also the gamplay aint great the thing that holds people here is the fact its star wars......this could flop very quickly

100%

This could be a major downfall