Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Frostclaw, 07:49am GMT 300+ in queue!

I seriously don't get why you'd allow further creation of players on a server with an hour plus queue since you opened it. All you have done is punish loyal fans who handed over their money at the earliest possible time by locking them out of the game.

I feel sorry for anyone who works or has school as clearly their realm of choice is not going to be available and I know for a few of my friends that spells the end for their time in this game and it's only launch day

As for the "we knew there would be queues crew" yup, but bioware have handled this terribly!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feels like they did set the cap lower over the maintenance period. I realise the game shipped today, but there can't be THIS much people coming in from there all of a sudden. My server only started to have queues around 6PM in the afternoon, now it has queues at 7:30AM. Usually queues are a steady climb from the morning on.

Something sounds fishy and I hope they roll back the chances to the cap.

And now it is the release day our guild and alliance is on a server we cant play on due to the queues, All those who didn't preorder are now wishing to join those who did but cant so we are well and truly in the bantha dung.

The replies to the thread are dismal and leave us with no idea when or even if we are going to see a solution to this with either a server split or optional move for the alliance or guild or if they are going to really disappoint us and let us just re roll on our own wasting the time we have already spent in the game.

Yes I know its all been said in the long LONG thread but just signing /agree wouldn't of wasted enough time while I queue and every voice added to the thread helps.

Legions of Lettow is full with logn queue already too. And even tho there is actually few people on server - 50 on Nar Shadda with one instance and so on on other planets too, while yesterday there was many and many more people...

Any explanation?

This is like one of those bad film plots: The Mythic guys who were brought in to lend their expertise actually were sabotaging SWTOR, so their Warhammer Online MMO's launch and subscriber number plummet wouldn't be the worst in history any longer.

The fact that there has been no official word about this in nearly a week, of 2000-people queues, 4-6+ hour waits, on multiple servers that BioWare itself had a large hand in populating, makes them look more incompetent. At this point they don't even mention any problem, just this smug statement that "queues are normal".

I seriously don't get why you'd allow further creation of players on a server with an hour plus queue since you opened it.

This should be indeed the 1st thing to do: lock full servers.

I'm sure some are still making new toons on the server as we speak

(or well...earlier when it was still on "normal")

A nonsense.

Close servers like:

The Red Eclipse

Freddon Nadd

for the noobs/non early access users please. Those servers are full and shouldnt allow new registrations! We still have queues there, even though you told us you raised the cap.

Lol wos full in 6.45 atm gmt +1 Freddon wos in that time only standard soo close lol !!...much more ppl are there.

Server migration is a temporary solution. What when happens when those "light servers" reach maximum capacity? The problem is structural and quite game breaking. Thsi also makes me wonder what the whole "adding people in waves" was in aid of? did they know this was going to be a problem beforehand?

Its a harsh way, but probably best aswell. And that is to lock the servers that already are full, so noone can create anymore chars on it that does not have an existing character on that server already.

Or make it so that anyone above lvl 20 should be able to get in line before the low lvls in the queue.

For all the people screaming at BW. You do realize its only 2am in Austin right now.

BioWare employees don't come back to work for another six hours...

Any personnel they have working right now are probably over caffeinated and panicking....

Edited by DARKTIGER

This is like one of those bad film plots: The Mythic guys who were brought in to lend their expertise actually were sabotaging SWTOR, so their Warhammer Online MMO's launch and subscriber number plummet wouldn't be the worst in history any longer.

The fact that there has been no official word about this in nearly a week, of 2000-people queues, 4-6+ hour waits, on multiple servers that BioWare itself had a large hand in populating, makes them look more incompetent. At this point they don't even mention any problem, just this smug statement that "queues are normal".

What I have to say to that is , yeah... Queues are normal , but not Hour long waiting queues at 07.00 Am , that is just taking a piss...

For all the people screaming at BW. You do realize its only 2am in Austin right now.

Any personnel they have working right now are probably over caffeinated and panicking....

I'd hope they have a European support team, if not, oh dear for this game!

Do you srsly think that Game developers are not working overnight during Launch ?

its not some 9 - 5 job , jesus -.-

Guys make something to cut that queues. I can understand that till 20/12/2011 u have tested servers etc but in day of release is still waiting problem this is not right. Ive heared that u will increase cap on servers but i dont see this. Ive woke up 7:30 and im already in queue. This must be end. BW make right steps to solve this problem. Thank you.

So in the big public betas, the starter zones and city zones after them were running with 3-400 people in each, yet since pre-release, not 1 zone (at least on Frostclaw) has passed 200 people..

So yeah, up server capacity, she can handle it, queues go down (a tad) and people get happier (a smidge).

A queue at 8am on a EU work day...

This is just ridiculous. Just a simple quick message stating the measures they are taking would be appreciated. Out of curiosity has another unofficial oceanic pvp server been decided on yet? Swiftsure queue is just crazy.

Most likely it's not the developer's themself working overtime. But your community team, such as Customer Service(Game masters and such).

Meh, the queues are what they are.

It's the first day.

If you have nothing less to complain on that you have to wait 15 min, 15 min that you can do whatever on, clean up, make some coffee, eat breakfest or anything. Then you shouldn't really complain at all. my 2 cents

that is not acceptable, for a launch day

Also they've said multiple times they have teams working around the clock, ofc.. not that we're seeing any evidence of that.

How can you launch a game and then merrily go home to your beds and hope all hell did not break loose, i assume they're working. And just ignoring us.

"Say mikey.. did you remember to put up those increased server capacity thingy's?"

"Oh crap.. sorry i was in a queue and when i finally got in i crashed and had to go in again so i did not have time.."

"Ah well.. let's keep it this way then, want some more coffee?"