Regarding server queues

StephenReid

I'm betting that new players created their characters there while the population was light or standard and now the queue is full of those who were there first wanting to play on their server.

Then there should have been a message that pops up letting the new players know that this server is heavily populated and that there will be very long queue times...

Most of these "official launch" players have also taken a look or two (I bet) at the server status page before the official launch so they should know how the servers look like at prime time...

Lastly.. Bioware lock the already full servers damnit. I dont even wanna think of the queue 12PM and onward

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7:28 AM... Logged in at 6:45 AM with a queue of a couple of minutes.

Guildmate is still in the queue (has been for 10+ minutes) already.

Since the queue is up already I assume we'll be getting a 4+ hour queue later today.

Our guild mates are already angry about the fact they had to wait for hours in early access and are already seriously considering leaving the server for another because of this.

if they find out there's a queue of 10+ minutes already and try to log in later today, I'm pretty sure they'll definitely leave for another server.

Good job Bioware....

The longest queue I've had was 850ish, although others on my server have reported going as high as 1200.

On an average night, its usually about 600.

I don't mind as long as they don't escalate.

I figured with the pre-order system this kind of thing could have been more predictable, but I suppose you guys don't have a lot of data to go on in terms of how many pre-orders equate to how many servers needed being only wet behind the ears with the whole WH thing and now you're playing hardball.

Anyhow, its a good game and its going to get more popular. It really is refreshing and engaging, and the community interaction is excellent.

But yes, its time to flex those scalability muscles.

The reason why servers like Bloodworthy are so full isn't really Bioware's fault tbh. People either join the server because they like their name or possibly have friends there. Also, many guilds with hundreds of players in them decided to roll on Bloodworthy despite being assigned to other servers.

Bet they'll have to raise the cap again anyway, as a 10min queue at 7am CET on a tuesday morning is kinda meh. Imagine what will happen at prime time. I ain't logging out today for sure. :p

- Elim

Edited by Eliminarion

The reason why servers like Bloodworthy are so full isn't really Bioware's fault tbh. People either join the server because they like their name or possibly have friends there. Also, many guilds with hundreds of players in them decided to roll on Bloodworthy despite being assigned to other servers.

Bet they'll have to raise the cap again anyway, as a 10min queue at 7am CET on a tuesday morning is kinda meh. Imagine what will happen at prime time. I ain't logging out today for sure. :p

- Elim

It's not just Bloodworthy. Legions of Lettow and many other servers face this problem.

Blah blah Oppla OOOPLAAAAAAAA aaaaAAAAAAAA

screw you haters... I love the game and Ill wait to play it :cool:

I understand enjoying the game and wanting to play it but when people have lives outside of there computer and decide to go jump on for 30 minutes or so before they head off to other things then it needs to be fixed. I dont have all day to wait.

Greetings folks!

The previous version of this thread has exceeded our post threshold and we've recreated it for continued discussion!

As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

This mockery of players! With the December 20, 2011, you take the money for a subscription, but such queues for 1500 people, how can I play? For that, we pay you money? Demurrage in queues on the server?

This game is my biggest concern and the biggest disappointment in support, there has been no worse in one game!

***FOR THOSE COMPLAINING ABOUT QUEUES THIS EARLY(that included me)***

Bloodworthy EU, full at 6am GMT. However upon logging in, I did a /who.

I can count a total of 18 people on Ord Mantell and 12 on Tython. This to me looks like Bioware have ACTUALLY DONE SOMETHING about the queues. They have lowered the server population considerably, making the servers that are already full smaller. This is probably their attempt at making people roll on low pop servers rather than full ones.

Good job bioware, you have just earnt yourself a cookie, it's in the post :p

Edited by Monkus

I can count a total of 18 people on Ord Mantell and 12 on Tython. This to me looks like Bioware have ACTUALLY DONE SOMETHING about the queues. They have lowered the server population considerably, making the servers that are already full smaller. This is probably their attempt at making people roll on low pop servers rather than full ones.

I hope you're right and they steady balance in out so queues are sorted. I'd rather they took a more transparent approach though.

The developers for Aion did the same thing after the 48 hours of early access were up. First there were like 24+ hour queues during early access(no timelimit on AFK so people just never logged out..), and even though not a huge amount was playing at release, they still lowered the pop cap, trying to force people to pick other servers. It's kind of a good idea for population spread, but can make some people very angry. I mean, I'm on leave from work atm, so time's not a problem for me, but for people who are working and actually do a lot of irl stuff atm, they are sometimes in queues for longer than they are able to play.

- Elim

Edited by Eliminarion

I hope you're right and they steady balance in out so queues are sorted. I'd rather they took a more transparent approach though.

Did a /who on the sith side, 100 players <10 there. So you're looking at a max of 500 players online at this time which is way below normal pop cap.

Close servers like:

The Red Eclipse

Freddon Nadd

for the noobs/non early access users please. Those servers are full and shouldnt allow new registrations! We still have queues there, even though you told us you raised the cap.

- Elim

Ah, Bioware assigned us to Servers and the one my Guild has been assigned is the one most other Guilds are.

Had enough now.

Could not play on our guilds server last night, in fact any time you try and log on after 10am your in a lenghy que. This is the server we were assigned to. We have over 100 members at launch who have moved across from Star Wars Galaxies but due to the ques etc i havent seen more than 14 online at any one time.

Now, there are ques at 6.50AM, yes not even 7AM and the server is full. Wanted a quick log on to make a 2nd character on my account as on my 2nd account, guess what, Zero product registration code received, but im not putting up with the frustration of even attempting to contact you guys so thats 1 account youve lost already, add that to the issues of passwords, password resets, having to use go arounds ie change password in origin not Tor site and use Capital letters for mail etc. Roll out has been a complete shambles.

Alot of talk already with my guild members, players who have spent upto 7 years in Star Wars Galaxies and mostly players with jobs, wifes, kids etc that despite the game being brilliant there is very little point in subscribing when we cannot play. We are expecting about 250 members in total from our guild from SWG to join us here, at the moment due to the ques, a large majority of that will simply not subscribe after the 1st 30 days

Can i have a response from Bioware about ques at 7AM

Close servers like:

The Red Eclipse

Freddon Nadd

for the noobs/non early access users please. Those servers are full and shouldnt allow new registrations! We still have queues there, even though you told us you raised the cap.

Cant close servers unless they offer free Transfer to Guilds. We have alot of members to still come across from our guild in SWG and alot wont play if they cannot join us here