Training Droid does NOTHING!

disparky

:mad:This thing doesn't provide any benefit to a hostile encounter what so ever. What's the purpose of it? The description says that it will help me in battle but I don't see it happening. This was one of the main reasons I bought the online pre-order. I feel cheated. It's a useless piece of trash that isn't useful even as a marker for mobs since you can hardly even see it from a distance. it's like giving someone a free plastic ring with the purchase of a new car. What a joke!:mad:

/nerdrage off

:(

:mad:This thing doesn't provide any benefit to a hostile encounter what so ever. What's the purpose of it? The description says that it will help me in battle but I don't see it happening. This was one of the main reasons I bought the online pre-order. I feel cheated. It's a useless piece of trash that isn't useful even as a marker for mobs since you can hardly even see it from a distance. it's like giving someone a free plastic ring with the purchase of a new car. What a joke!:mad:

/nerdrage off

Dude, it is a vanity piece. They are not going to add a feature to the game that gives certain people an unfair advantage just because they paid a little more.

It is unrealistic to expect an actual combat advantage. It wouldn't be fair to other players, and QQ about this is pretty stupid.

I never expected it to do any fighting.....but the description of the item made it sound like it would be a normal vanity pet that would follow me around. That's why I ordered the Digi. Deluxe edition. If I had known what it actually is, I would have just gotten the standard version. I think droids are adorable, what can I say?

Edited by belialle

• 2 months later...
I gotta side with the sparkman here....if it doesn't do anything then it shouldn't be advertised that is does. DC Universe gives you a combat droid (that actually performed as advertised) with the purchase of the “deluxe” edition as does Kingdoms of Amalur (weapons pack) so this whole “pfftt…How could you dare fathom an unfair advantage?!” ‘tude holds about as much aqua as Yoda’s jockstrap….(no offense big guy!) :p

I agree, the CE box was such a rip off, i feel so screwed about buying it. 3 times as muc for it, as the standard game. I will never buy a CE box from bioware again. And people can spend credits to get acces to the CE store. Just as lame. The made the description so it sounded like it would do something, but it dosnt. That is false advertisement. And i dont get the camera either. Some claims it dosnt work, and cant one just hit "print screen"?.

I agree, the CE box was such a rip off, i feel so screwed about buying it. 3 times as muc for it, as the standard game. I will never buy a CE box from bioware again. And people can spend credits to get acces to the CE store. Just as lame. The made the description so it sounded like it would do something, but it dosnt. That is false advertisement. And i dont get the camera either. Some claims it dosnt work, and cant one just hit "print screen"?.

Actually, they spend credits to access the VIP lounge (costs 1 mil credits, but CE it's included)

The CE store is for CE owners only.

The description said it would hover at your side and aid you in combat. It does neither of these things.

I did not expect it to aid me in combat for realsies, but it's still a lie under the rules set by the Federal Trade Commission -- some people could have been (and were) confused.

I did expect it to hover at my side. That was a lie, too.

The only part of the description that was true is that it is small.

And I have filed a complaint with the FTC. They more use it to track which companies are getting a lot of complaints, though. Not so much to investigate each one. Someone would have to actually take Bioware/EA to court. It's so patently false I doubt you'd even need a lawyer.

Edited by Felioats

Some of us arent mindless droids and dont just nod when we get screwed over. We bought a product, for alot of money, i would say we have the right to vent our frustration, or rather, we say what we dont like, so they know it for the future. Especialy when the produckt is misleading or dosnt give what it says... You do realise that is part of how they improve a produkt, by listening to the consumers. Just like they are doing when they change, add, remove stuff from the game.

/nerdrage off

Maybe he does all the work, and you think you kill the mobs.:eek:

On release, the droid would actually DPS a little when you called it in on any enemy. They changed that shortly though. I know I was using it as part of my combat rotation until they changed it... I guess they figured it was giving people an unfair advantage.