Sentinel using 2 main hand weapons ?

stendarrs

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to using 2 main hand weapons? The pvp main/off appear to be the same except for aesthetics (one shows a big crystal). It just seemed odd to me that if the stats are also the same in pve that sentinels can fill their offhand slot with a main or off while everyone else has to hope for one or the other. My commando wants 2 autocannons but I guess that ain't happenin'. :cool:

Nope no disadvantage. With my sentinel first thing I did upon hitting 50 was picking up a BM mainhand, dumping its mods all into an augmented orange saber, trading the shell in for a war hero mainhand and enjoying a fairly decent level of performance for a character otherwise in full recruit.

Likewise I've heard some the occasional grousing as well at having that extra augment slot of two orange weapons (not sure if augment tables will work for focii/shields/etc. or not to staunch that quibble).

Nope no disadvantage. With my sentinel first thing I did upon hitting 50 was picking up a BM mainhand, dumping its mods all into an augmented orange saber, trading the shell in for a war hero mainhand and enjoying a fairly decent level of performance for a character otherwise in full recruit.

Likewise I've heard some the occasional grousing as well at having that extra augment slot of two orange weapons (not sure if augment tables will work for focii/shields/etc. or not to staunch that quibble).

This is something that should be brought to the de s attention because you know its not working right.

There's main hand weapons, off hand and items that have both. The items specifically for main hand or off hand can only go into those respected hands. But the the items designed for both can have either or hilts put into them. They then can go into either or hand because they technically meet requirements.

You know this isnt right because main hand items cost so much more than off hands. But why buy the main hand version when off hand is just as good and so much cheaper?

It should be that if an orange shell is either or and you put a hilt from an off hand item in it, it should remove the either or and make the orange shell a off hand item.

Same thinking with armoring mods that are chest specific or boots specific.

I've been wondering how long this would go before someone offically spoke up about it on the forums.

This is something that should be brought to the de s attention because you know its not working right.

There's main hand weapons, off hand and items that have both. The items specifically for main hand or off hand can only go into those respected hands. But the the items designed for both can have either or hilts put into them. They then can go into either or hand because they technically meet requirements.

You know this isnt right because main hand items cost so much more than off hands. But why buy the main hand version when off hand is just as good and so much cheaper?

It should be that if an orange shell is either or and you put a hilt from an off hand item in it, it should remove the either or and make the orange shell a off hand item.

I've been wondering how long this would go before someone offically spoke up about it on the forums.

You do know that if you look at the war hero gear the offhand has the same cost/stats that the mainhand does? Yes it shortcuts the 1500 or so comms for the BM offhand but it aside from the extra augment it isn't anything different statistically?

You do know that if you look at the war hero gear the offhand has the same cost/stats that the mainhand does? Yes it shortcuts the 1500 or so comms for the BM offhand but it aside from the extra augment it isn't anything different statistically?

Cost and ease of acquiring is everything. In pve, the columi off hand is really cheap and there is no need to get the main hand, same with rakata simply because the off hand can be gutted, put into a universal orange shell and then used on the main hand or vice versa.

I simply don´t understand why offhand weapons have better stats than for example my Guardian offhand Focus.

Thats 70 stats points -including 38 Expertise (War Hero) you have more and an extra Augment Slot on top.

Edited by Sabredance

I simply don´t understand why offhand weapons have better stats than for example my Guardian offhand Focus.

Thats 70 stats points -including 38 Expertise (War Hero) you have more and an extra Augment Slot on top.

Fear naught, brand new player. I know you are new here and to this game, also MMO's in general.

You should check into the abilities list. You will find that many moves get different multipliers, correcting these issues you worry about at night.

So there you go. Just let the people in change and doing the thinking, think. I'm rooting for you on your driver's permit test btw and welcome to the game.

You can indeed augment shields, focii, generators, etc in 1.3.

Pretty much everything can be augmented, aside from some select items that are a little buggy on PTS atm and the Matrix Cube because it currently can't be placed on an Augment table.

The Matrix Cube's stats have been raised though. : )

I am a d**k

Big mouth for someone who still got his nappies changed when i had my first PC.

Pretty much everything can be augmented, aside from some select items that are a little buggy on PTS atm and the Matrix Cube because it currently can't be placed on an Augment table.

I think the Cube can be augmented when you click the Augment table and chose the Cube from the list.

Couldn´t test it but some people with augmented Cubes wrote this on the PTS Forum.

Edited by Sabredance

Big mouth for someone who still got his nappies changed when i had my first PC.

I think the Cube can be augmented when you click the Augment table and chose the Cube from the list.

Couldn´t test it but some people with augmented Cubes wrote this on the PTS Forum.

Thanks for clearing that up, they must have rolled out a fix. : )

Can confirm now it works.Just augmented my Cube.

It's always worked. You just had to select it from the list rather than "drag and drop" because it wasn't in your actual inventory. I modded mine the first time I logged in.