Collector's Edition Upgrade

Alxandria

Ya no, that would be undermining any person who bought the full CE because they paid a lot of money for everything including the in-game stuff.

I just had to laugh, they said the same thing about the pre-order items in STO "they will never appear in the store" until they change their minds 3 weeks later lol, This kit will end up on the store, guarantee it :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought someone's disc off eBay for $20. You can then add the activation code to your account and it it upgrades you to CE and gives you all the in game stuff.

Hope it was sealed. Some on eBay are just selling the disks without the code. Basically, worthless disks since install them and you have to run all the updates.

I just had to laugh, they said the same thing about the pre-order items in STO "they will never appear in the store" until they change their minds 3 weeks later lol, This kit will end up on the store, guarantee it :)

Wow nice going replying to a post thats 3(rather 4) months old there. Why did this thread get necro'd?

I don't want the whole collector's edition + game.

I just wanna pay like, $10, $25 or whatever and upgrade my account so I can access the Collector's Edition vendor.

I'm curious if this will ever be available. I don't care about the physical stuff, just that vendor.

Nope. You're going to have to buy the box. But look at it this way, the box is half the price it was when many of us bought it. Just buy it and count yourself lucky.

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Related question - assuming I do buy the collector's edition and upgrade, what happens to the previous game code attached to my account? I was thinking I might want to let my stepson use it once the free-to-play option is released. Is it forever attached to me, or can I then move it to someone else once I upgrade?

Related question - assuming I do buy the collector's edition and upgrade, what happens to the previous game code attached to my account? I was thinking I might want to let my stepson use it once the free-to-play option is released. Is it forever attached to me, or can I then move it to someone else once I upgrade?

The CE code will just be added in addition to your original code. The original code is forever attached to your account.

Edited by Blackavaar

I can't find the Collector's Edition ANYwhere!? (at the new reduced price) I read that they are now cheaper than when first offered, but there is not a store anwhere (in my area anyhow) that sells it?? The same article stated that particular stores would have it..... but they don't. Edited by SiThEnErGyFoRcE

I can't find the Collector's Edition ANYwhere!? (at the new reduced price) I read that they are now cheaper than when first offered, but there is not a store anwhere (in my area anyhow) that sells it?? The same article stated that particular stores would have it..... but they don't.

Well, if you can't find it in your area, Amazon may be your only option.

I can't find the Collector's Edition ANYwhere!? (at the new reduced price) I read that they are now cheaper than when first offered, but there is not a store anwhere (in my area anyhow) that sells it?? The same article stated that particular stores would have it..... but they don't.

No Gamestop near you? The online store is sold out but if you check local stores, some will say "low stock". Call the store and they will probably say "We got 1 more left". And GS sells them for 30 dollars last I checked. I got it.

And to the other poster, the game code of the previous version is still attached "hidden" on your account. As proof, you will get the coins for CE and DDE (if DDE was your previous version). Yellow name said so. I'll edit this with the link.

Edit for link: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5136309 Notice what the topic of the thread is and what Joveth says in his reply. That shows they will know you had the CE and DDE keys on your account.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

They totally screwed the original collector edition consumers when they lowered the price from $150 to the $30 (i think) it is now. :rolleyes: Worst marketing idea ever. Not to mention the fact that when F2P comes out the rewards are the same for 'both types' of "Collector's Edition'' consumers.

yay bioware. Failing harder than even SOE did with SWG.

Some of the gear looks cool. They will eventually probably. They will need to offer a lot more options to players if they want to keep them. They said they will eventually have white color crystals back in the game. Who knows when that will be considering the pace they been moving. The CE was all about the statue really guys not the in game stuff.

Yeah, the new price is supposed to be $30. I DO in fact have a GameStop close by, but last I checked (about a month ago) they were still trying to sell it to me for the original price! I'll check back with them.

**I agree about the "original CE" owners getting screwed pricewise, but what can you do right? I know it's not the exact same thing, but I feel that way about myself and everyone else that "earned" their Battlemaster PVP armor before they put it up for everyone to get. If I can get the CE for $30, then I will feel like I "returned the favor"! :p

They totally screwed the original collector edition consumers when they lowered the price from $150 to the $30 (i think) it is now. :rolleyes: Worst marketing idea ever. Not to mention the fact that when F2P comes out the rewards are the same for 'both types' of "Collector's Edition'' consumers.

yay bioware. Failing harder than even SOE did with SWG.

And I had a 10 dollar GS coupon so I only had to pay 20 dollars out of pocket for the CE :D

Yeah, the new price is supposed to be $30. I DO in fact have a GameStop close by, but last I checked (about a month ago) they were still trying to sell it to me for the original price! I'll check back with them.

**I agree about the "original CE" owners getting screwed pricewise, but what can you do right? I know it's not the exact same thing, but I feel that way about myself and everyone else that "earned" their Battlemaster PVP armor before they put it up for everyone to get. If I can get the CE for $30, then I will feel like I "returned the favor"! :p

Tell them it's on the GS website for the 30. They aren't supposed to jack the price like that. Who do they think they are? eBay? (yes there are some on eBay trying to sell it for the original while about 90% of them have it less than 70)

Edit: Oh and someone posted an online store selling it for 35 including shipping. I'm hunting that post down now.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

This is just random curiosity, Will there ever be a way to say pay X dollars and upgrade an account to a collector's edition level account and get the mouse droid and access to the collector's edition vendor? (Not the physical stuff, I just want a way to pay a fee and get access to that vendor.)

You can buy a collecter edition at best buy if they still have it in stock. I got mine for $23.99 :eek:!!!!

Im happy to buy the CE now, esp since vendors are trying to get rid of their remaining stock since they see it as TORtanic.

However Im upset that i cant de-link my current standard edition serial key from my account when I link the CE. Thats not very fair is it? I payed $60 + shipping (to a red zone no less!) and now if I want to upgrade I have to buy the CE and just lose the $60 I paid??

At least let me de-liink the standard edition so that I can re-sell it or at least GIVE IT FOR FREE to someone else...

Im happy to buy the CE now, esp since vendors are trying to get rid of their remaining stock since they see it as TORtanic.

However Im upset that i cant de-link my current standard edition serial key from my account when I link the CE. Thats not very fair is it? I payed $60 + shipping (to a red zone no less!) and now if I want to upgrade I have to buy the CE and just lose the $60 I paid??

At least let me de-liink the standard edition so that I can re-sell it or at least GIVE IT FOR FREE to someone else...

Since you had to have a retail key of any kind on your account, do you want them to take away everything you wouldn't have been able to get without that key in the first place?

Plus pay them 15 dollars for the 30 days you got with that key?

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Since you had to have a retail key of any kind on your account, do you want them to take away everything you wouldn't have been able to get without that key in the first place?

Plus pay them 15 dollars for the 30 days you got with that key?

It could be a simple bait n switch mechanism. Your key standard edition key is de-linked upon entering CE key via the upgrade form. simples:D

The mechanism is already in place. What happens now is that upon entering my new CE key my pre-existing standard edition simply disappears into oblivion...