Sub-par graphics

Shzam

I kn ow the game just release, and i love it a ton, but i'm kinda disappointed in the graphics department and was wondering if its just because its early play and we'll get the updated set up later. Or is this the way the game is going to look?

I think they look good on high, sure there's low res issues on certain objects, but it's not gamebreaking.

Coming from WoW, it's a huge upgrade.

I also played rift for a bit, the graphics were great but I don't prefer that type of artstyle.

Edited by Neeseek

Is this your first MMO?

Uh...no i've been in MMO's since text and Ultima dude. But considering what rigs most people are playing on a polishing would be appreciated as many in general in-game agreed with. I like the game and the way it looks, but more polished edging and detail would be appreciated as we progress in time =D

The game's graphics are actually pretty good. I think the OP actually has a problem with the Art Style.

Watch this video: http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/graphics-vs.-aesthetics

Uhg, Like i said before i have a pretty high end rig(i72600k OCed to 4.2 and 580SLi) that have blocky item edging and details around most objects in the game. I love the way the game looks/plays but was wondering if there would be any polishing to make it more streamline.

Uh...no i've been in MMO's since text and Ultima dude. But considering what rigs most people are playing on a polishing would be appreciated as many in general in-game agreed with. I like the game and the way it looks, but more polished edging and detail would be appreciated as we progress in time =D

They don't make MMOs with the highpower rigs in mind for fear of alienating too many players who don't have up to date systems.

Also AA and high rez textures haven't been put into the game yet.

Uhg, Like i said before i have a pretty high end rig(i72600k OCed to 4.2 and 580SLi) that have blocky item edging and details around most objects in the game. I love the way the game looks/plays but was wondering if there would be any polishing to make it more streamline.

This is supposed to help http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1044377-Maximum-SWTOR-GFX-Settings-.ini-edit?p=14664480#post14664480

That's because this game currently lacks anti-aliasing features. You can force them on through your nVIDIA control panel. The rest of these people lack reading and comprehension skills.

The graphics are ok, but a lot of textures do seem to be low res still even when everything is set to high, especially a lot of gear.

I hope they do bump up the graphic textures in a later patch.... right now I would say the graphics are between WoW and Rift....

What weird is the cut scenes seem to have high res textures in it but then you get back into the game and the textures drop to a lower quality...

Edited by Monoth

The graphics are spot on for a modern day MMO. They fulfill the duty of creating a believable Star Wars atmosphere, while maintaining playability. The environments are very epic, and the art is top tier imo. In game supported AA would be nice, but its not going to make much of a difference.

But considering what rigs most people are playing

Useless hyperbole on your part. You have no idea what rigs most people are playing on.

I sure BioWare is a lot more aware of what systems most games have and made their MMO accordingly. More aware then you are I bet.

They don't make MMOs with the highpower rigs in mind for fear of alienating too many players who don't have up to date systems.

Also AA and high rez textures haven't been put into the game yet.

Thanks for answering xD, i was trying to figure out about if they had not yet implemented then in early access or not.

Useless hyperbole on your part. You have no idea what rigs most people are playing on.

I sure BioWare is a lot more aware of what systems most games have and made their MMO accordingly. More aware then you are I bet.

I have a computer a Athlon II and a 8800GTS that ran it on high and it looks exactly like my gaming rig. And the Athlon is what, 6 or 7 years old? Is that what most people are actually playing on?

Massively Multiplayer Online. That is what MMO means.

My only guess is Bioware tried to one, keep it original to the KOTOR games like this image

http://www.1888freeonlinegames.com/dwgmimg/3310/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-screenshot-2.jpg

The KOTOR games have always had that polished cartoon-ish look to them yet, still is reality.

They also tried to stick with an art style that would be both pleasing to the eye and let everyone play the game.

They have succeeded imo.

Edited by PsySHOK

I kn ow the game just release, and i love it a ton, but i'm kinda disappointed in the graphics department and was wondering if its just because its early play and we'll get the updated set up later. Or is this the way the game is going to look?

/agree. The graphics are good enough but I was also surprised in beta when I first viewed them. It took awhile but I grew accustomed to them. I like the overall world graphics and think they have done a good job presenting the "feel" of the worlds but the graphics themselves are a bit less then I was expecting.

Being a long time MMO player (started with UO myself) I was expecting more from the graphics. I also expect about the same caliber of answers you got here when I post something to the forums...these forums actually seem to be a bit sub par as well compared to other MMO forums I have spent a considerable amount of time on. And before someone says "WOW" no I never bothered to play the game and I have never been to their forums but I do see the mess WOW has created with the MMO genre.

I have a computer a Athlon II and a 8800GTS that ran it on high and it looks exactly like my gaming rig. And the Athlon is what, 6 or 7 years old? Is that what most people are actually playing on?

What you have is meaningless. It is not a sample of what the average game has.

And again you do not know what the average system is like any better than BioWare is going to.

Edited by Deyjarl

What you have is meaningless. It is not a sample of what the average game has.

And again you do not know what the average system is like any better than BioWare is going to.

Dude i have a computer over half a decade old and a pretty high end one. That covers pretty much every mid range computer out there, even excluding super high end rigs. So how do i not have a good idea on on a majority of people have?

Edited by Shzam

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.