Time to roll a Marauder?

iheartnyc

1.3 is still early stages on PTS, but no indication of any nerfing to Marauder/Sentinel (other than indirect by now allowing Rakata adrenals to be used in WZs).

My main is a Sorcerer DPS.

Was debating between Assasin and Powertech, but it really now seems like Marauder will be by far the best class (top 2 best damage + best defensive CDs).

http://dpsmeter.com/

See reference above.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I might join you..Best damage in the game,best defensive cooldowns in the game and self heals.

Its the most OP class at the moment but bioware is just turning a blind eye to them.

I think somebody was saying how these where the games 'Bright Wizards' and would never get a significant nerf.

AHAHAHAHAHAH, so you roll a class only if it is overpowered? You fail big time.....

This would be more credible if you weren't a Marauder yourself. And your alts are an Assasin and Juggernaut. Lulz.

And what exactly is the problem of picking the overpowered class in preparation for Ranked WZs, something which some people take seriously?

Edited by iheartnyc

This would be more credible if you weren't a Marauder yourself.

And what exactly is the problem of picking the overpowered class in preparation for Ranked WZs, something which some people take seriously?

people who play to the flavour of the month just seem kinda silly to me , but it is your game if you want a marauder i say go ahead and have fun

This would be more credible if you weren't a Marauder yourself. And your alts are an Assasin and Juggernaut. Lulz.

My marauder has been up from the very first day of EA, my Assassin followed right after and guess: I have an operative i decided to roll the day after the operative big nerf. You know what I'm levelling now? A sorcerer. Skill is skill......

Edited by NinjaApacHe

1.3 is still early stages on PTS, but no indication of any nerfing to Marauder/Sentinel (other than indirect by now allowing Rakata adrenals to be used in WZs).

Was debating between Assasin and Powertech, but it really now seems like Marauder will be by far the best class (top 2 best damage + best defensive CDs).

See reference above.

LMAO......typiclal FOTM player who can't win unless they play the most L337 class in the game!:rolleyes:

Marauder/Sentinel has been some of the top damage since launch....in the hands of someone who knows how to play the class.

nope its pretty darn easy.. its not the one button kills that grav round and tracer missle gave.. but it isnt hard either

You obviously do not know how to play an Arsenal Merc/Gunnery Commando.:rolleyes:

Edited by BlownSi

Mara's are just filled with fun, not OP, plenty of counters for them which annoys the hell out of you if you are a mara.

Marauder for now one of most OP classes I thik some BW play this class:D

2 eggs

1 invis

controls

huge dps...

i find the constant holds in wzs to be a pain for my mara

Playing a marauder on a PUG against a parcialty premade team, wich is the only ones available for 50s now, I often find it a pain too. I'm carnage, so no heals. I often try to retake the bases, not alone, but i am stuned, paralised, chocked, all in a row and simply dead. I dont even get the chance to make any damage.

Yes, i know its how its suposed to be, i know we do serious damage, but anyway i wont be poping in to warzones any time soon - i'm no masoquist and going there just to see: You cant do that now, you cant do that now, pff dead its not my idea of fun.

LMAO......typiclal FOTM player who can't win unless they play the most L337 class in the game!:rolleyes:

Marauder/Sentinel has been some of the top damage since launch....in the hands of someone who knows how to play the class.

What is so hard for people to understand. Yes, any class is good in the hands of someone who knows how to play the class. Marauder is, call it coincidence if you must, good in a LOT of hands. The other classes, not so much. Now, unless Marauders just happen to have somehow attracted the bulk of the BEST players from the start, a conclusion which I contend is extremely implausible, how else can you explain the utter dominance in damage that Marauders have? And I'm talking about the top-end (see my link to DPSmeter.com for hard numbers).

http://dpsmeter.com/rankings.php

Come on now. Click that link. Utter. Domination. Just count. And that's just for DPS, and does not take into the Marauders best-in-game defensive cooldowns.

Again, you are forced to choose between 1 of 2 possibilities:

1) Marauder is clearly overpowered; or

2) Marauder players are better than players of other DPS classes

And you are a fool if you think pointing to 1 or 2 exceptional Merc/Op/Sorc/Pyro refutes everything I just said. It is OP. Admit it.

The question is, if you want to have a serious discussion, in the event that Bioware does NOT remedy this situation, should the serious PvPer roll a Marauder?

Edited by iheartnyc

What is so hard for people to understand. Yes, any class is good in the hands of someone who knows how to play the class. Marauder is, call it coincidence if you must, good in a LOT of hands. The other classes, not so much. Now, unless Marauders just happen to have somehow attracted the bulk of the BEST players from the start, a conclusion which I contend is extremely implausible, how else can you explain the utter dominance in damage that Marauders have? And I'm talking about the top-end (see my link to DPSmeter.com for hard numbers).

http://dpsmeter.com/rankings.php

Come on now. Click that link. Utter. Domination. Just count. And that's just for DPS, and does not take into the Marauders best-in-game defensive cooldowns.

Again, you are forced to choose between 1 of 2 possibilities:

1) Marauder is clearly overpowered; or

2) Marauder players are better than players of other DPS classes

And you are a fool if you think pointing to 1 or 2 exceptional Merc/Op/Sorc/Pyro refutes everything I just said. It is OP. Admit it.

The question is, if you want to have a serious discussion, in the event that Bioware does NOT remedy this situation, should the serious PvPer roll a Marauder?

You can't use DPS numbers from PvE encounters and relate them to PvP.

Speaking from someone who plays a Sentinel, the PvE build is from the Watchman tree. The entire build is based upon DoTs and sustained DPS, it's not viable for PvP. You won't find a good Sent/Mara that uses it.

As a PvPer you have the option of burst Combat tree or utility Force tree. Most choose to go with the Combat tree.

If your argument is that Sents/Maras are overpowered in regards to Raid/PvE dps, I absolutely agree with you.

If your argument is that Sents/Maras are overpowered in regards to PvP dps, I couldn't disagree more.

That's the issue with AI and why PvE takes absolutely no skill. The AI will sit there and let the Sent/Mara unload DoT after DoT refreshing them at will, no good PvPer is going to do the same. The DoTs will either be purged or the Sent/Mara will be CC'd.

you can't use dps numbers from pve encounters and relate them to pvp.

Speaking from someone who plays a sentinel, the pve build is from the watchman tree. the entire build is based upon dots and sustained dps, it's not viable for pvp. You won't find a good sent/mara that uses it.

lol what

See reference above.

I wish I could help you, but I do not base my class decisions on the FOTM.

If you are talking about warzones and referring to a PvE DPS meter and making all kinds of inference the reality is gonna be different. There are plenty of very mediocre marauders /sentinels in warhero & BM gear running around . Unless you are saying somehow majority of the good players on your server are all marauders / sentinel ???

My observation, good players of any class stand out especially if they know their role in winning warzones. It takes time to master a particular class if you want to be top of the food chain on your server. Many player reroll FOTM from long ago but could never get the desired results ... who knows some of them do not have affinity for this melee play-style.