The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Best set for a pyro build?

Alrighty, ty.

Still using 4 pc rakata.

Saved 9 bm tokens to spend AFTER 1.2 went live just in case set bonuses were changed AND my BM chest piece updated incorrectly to a healing set bonus Combat Medic one. Unfortunately the patch notes did not state that BM commendations would be changed so they couldn't be used to buy BM gear anymore, and that was the sole reason I wated to spend them.

Out thousands of WZ commendations after that.

4 pc rakata is still pretty beast (after stripping expertise mods and putting them in). After the Rakata set, I would prob go with the eliminator set.

Edited by Humankeg

Eliminator set is probably the best as it gives a rail shot crit bonus and railshot is your primary focus with the pyro. The post above detailing the shield bonus by mixing two sets is used by some but I have no experience with that so can't comment, a few people seem to like it a great deal, I've opted for enhancing my stealth scan over energy rebounder.

I do know some people who use the pve sets with BM mods in them at least until they get war hero. If you plan to do that the pve combat tech set has the best set bonuses the pve eliminator set gives you reduced cost to rail shot which is usless as pyro your rail shot will be free most of the time. If you plan to mod swap make sure you have plenty of credits.

Edited by Vanishing_Point

I use Comabt Tech because I actually get to use the 2 piece bonus too, and rocket punch is a skill we use quite frequently. I like combat tech because it provides a little bit more defensive utility (reducing the CDs on your [pardon the wow terminology] trinket).

I still do decent 4-5k crits on RS without full WH (im 3/5 at the time of this post), so I felt like I sacrificed very little in terms of damage to gain a little more survivability as pyro, powertech.

Edited by Creedys

I use Comabt Tech because I actually get to use the 2 piece bonus too, and rocket punch is a skill we use quite frequently. I like combat tech because it provides a little bit more defensive utility (reducing the CDs on your [pardon the wow terminology] trinket).

I still do decent 4-5k crits on RS without full WH (im 3/5 at the time of this post), so I felt like I sacrificed very little in terms of damage to gain a little more survivability as pyro, powertech.

The 2 pc set bonus from CT is pretty garbage.

Honestly OP? You didn't see this post 5-6 posts down? I thought Agooz might get ya for that.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=476793

gotta agree here

it doesn't matter when the post was made, everyone should try scrolling down to AT LEAST the end of the first page before making a post exactly the same

do a little research before creating a post, it just seems lazy

on to the question, ive gone with the eliminator and am about to try the super shield and combat tech. i think that the eliminator 4pc bonus is nice but i dont feel i have enough defensive abilities. i look at it like the longer i can stay alive, the more damage i can really do so that fight where i got off 2 HiB and died will be trumped by living through and not having to wait for a respawn and run back

I approach my spec and gearing with the mindset that I have a role in a group. Because I play as part of a group.

My role in this group is to deliver high amounts of burst damage to priority targets. My role is not to outlast someone 1v1, or to solo take nodes. I do deeps. With this in mind, and the fact that other people also have roles, one of which is to provide support and sustainability to the group, I run 4pc Eliminator. Non-Criting HIBs make me a sad panda.