HK-51: Minimum of 1 Empire and 1 Republic Toon On Same Server to Unlock

If you want to offer input: Do you think the speculated way to earn the HK-51 is the best possible one or could it be fine tuned. Forget BioWare, forget character slots, forget everything said before. Do you think there could be an alternative way, other than leveling characters on both factions? Personally I couldn't care less about companions -honestly: I was just surprised at the zeal "that other guy" attacked BogyOne for questioning the suggested method of BioWare in this and the way he announced that he should be content for anything offered. In plain logic, it just feels silly to offer a reward that would require any single player who has made all alts on one of the sides to delete one. Instead of having a discussion about this, it's just been declaration of player X just "feeling entitled". I haven't painted anything doom-and-gloom, you are mixing people up, nor has BogyOne painted anything doom-and-gloom, you dramatic you.

Sure, there is another way, beyond the things mentioned. People keep asking Bioware to innovate and to try/make new ideas, and it seems that when they do make an effort, it is labeled as "weird." As it stands, I still have open slots and think that the currently discussed method of getting the reward is novel.

I feel compelled to mention that I did not mention the word "entitled."

"doom-and-gloom" may have been stretching it, I do admit. But you do have to realize that I am still contributing to this conversation in a civil manner, and do not mean any offence.

Edited by AboB

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you dangle the carrot too close to the donkey's mouth he will be able to reach it and eat it. If you dangle it too far away from the donkey's mouth he will become discouraged and not move. If you dangle it just right, the donkey will try to get it and begin to move toward it.

Bioware hasn't yet figured out how to dangle carrots in front of donkeys yet.

Edited by Pcolapat

I am just honestly baffled about the uproar here. Bioware has stated months ago that you would need 1 full 50 on one faction and a "mid level", end of chapter 2 would be my guess but who knows, on the other faction. It's your own fault if you haven't prepared. You have no one to blame but yourself.

The problem comes for people that had filled their slots more than months ago.

In all honesty they should have had 12 slots in for 1.2 and Legacy and since the server transfer 16 slots per server would have been better.

What's so hard about that? I have maxed out toons on both factions now...

I do not like playing EVIL Characters and Empire are all either INSANE or Evil or BOTH!

After getting to level 26 I feel like I am buddy buddy with child molesters or similar as they are just evil and insane.

So no chance for me to get one. Guess BioWare hates customers not easily manipulated like me.

This kind of policy is what makes people like me leave the game. Forced choices or leave.

Edited by Metalmac

I do not like playing EVIL Characters and Empire are all either INSANE or Evil or BOTH!

After getting to level 26 I feel like I am buddy buddy with child molesters or similar as they are just evil and insane.

So no chance for me to get one. Guess BioWare hates customers not easily manipulated like me.

This kind of policy is what makes people like me leave the game. Forced choices or leave.

*spacebar* if what you're looking for...

That isn't true. It's easily possible to play both the agent and the bounty hunter as neither evil nor crazy.

That isn't true. It's easily possible to play both the agent and the bounty hunter as neither evil nor crazy.

But everyone you talk to or interact with is either insane or evil or both.

Very few do not take pleasure in others suffering. And when you find one that does they are dead shortly.

So again Evil or Insane or both. I just do not see anything redeeming about any of them on the Empire side.

Also Light side Sith Warrior is one of the sanest characters in the game. :)

LOL the whole Dark Side is based on hate of everyone including allies. They have no morals at all.

Dark side would kill anyone including mothers to get ahead. Light side Sith is LOL silly and not even possible.

It even sounds insane.

LOL the whole Dark Side is based on hate of everyone including allies. They have no morals at all.

Dark side would kill anyone including mothers to get ahead. Light side Sith is LOL silly and not even possible.

It even sounds insane.

Scourge is leaning towards the lightside. so it isn't insane.

If you want to offer input: Do you think the speculated way to earn the HK-51 is the best possible one or could it be fine tuned. Forget BioWare, forget character slots, forget everything said before. Do you think there could be an alternative way, other than leveling characters on both factions? Personally I couldn't care less about companions -honestly: I was just surprised at the zeal "that other guy" attacked BogyOne for questioning the suggested method of BioWare in this and the way he announced that he should be content for anything offered. In plain logic, it just feels silly to offer a reward that would require any single player who has made all alts on one of the sides to delete one. Instead of having a discussion about this, it's just been declaration of player X just "feeling entitled". I haven't painted anything doom-and-gloom, you are mixing people up, nor has BogyOne painted anything doom-and-gloom, you dramatic you.

I personally, have no interest in playing both factions. I feel that this is an attempt to make us level toons on the opposing faction, instead of giving enough content for a single faction. I think that BW never considered that some players would only want to play Imperials, or some would only play Republic. In response to your statement about having to delete alts, I agree. It's silly. This is one of those opportunities that this Dev Team should take to talk to the remaining playerbase, and actually take into account what some players want.

I personally, have no interest in playing both factions. I feel that this is an attempt to make us level toons on the opposing faction, instead of giving enough content for a single faction. I think that BW never considered that some players would only want to play Imperials, or some would only play Republic. In response to your statement about having to delete alts, I agree. It's silly. This is one of those opportunities that this Dev Team should take to talk to the remaining playerbase, and actually take into account what some players want.

I want them to offer HK-51 as a coin shop purchase, seeing as I will have a huge pile of earnd coins when they go Freemium. :D

That's kinda disappointing to me. It sounds like, unless you're decked out in head to toe black hole gear, and are a lord of OPS, you won't get an HK.

My hubby and I play solo, or together alot...maybe with one other friend we have in real life. Everything we have we've worked very hard to get, and we don't do OPS or FPs. We don't mind having to do long complicated things to achieve something, we like the challenge, we're just not group oriented people. It sucks that we might be denied a chance to earn the new thing, unless we're into group stuff..so yeah, disappointing.:(

Scourge is leaning towards the lightside. so if isn't insane.

He is doing it in self interest and would be happy to do so if his vision did not tell him to switch sides.

But be that as it may he is still based on selfish interests and loath all Light Side.

Edited by Metalmac

What about players who have 8 maxed out toons on a single faction? do you mean to say if i want this companion i have to delete characters Ive worked hard to get to 50? because that's just not fair. At least when you implement this droid companion in game give everybody additional character slots for people like me with an already full server, thanks!

Well.. agent gets a DS 1st companion, while the BH gets a LS one. And the Agent one gets -30 each time you don`t kill somebody :) .If you want LS, it`s going to cost you, just as DS costs the Bounty Hunter.

Of course, everything is possible, but it will cost you, eventually, to raise affection...

Edited by Styxx

What about players who have 8 maxed out toons on a single faction? do you mean to say if i want this companion i have to delete characters Ive worked hard to get to 50? because that's just not fair. At least when you implement this droid companion in game give everybody additional character slots for people like me with an already full server, thanks!

You will either get more char slots by default, as part of some patch down the road, or paid ones via Cash Shop. Most certainly you won`t need to delete chars when HK goes live. If anything you will need to wait a bit. Nothing to be lost anyway, since they confirmed it won`t raise the max number of companions sent on missions from 5.

Very few do not take pleasure in others suffering. And when you find one that does they are dead shortly.

So again Evil or Insane or both. I just do not see anything redeeming about any of them on the Empire side.

Its a video game, don't take it so seriously, they're not real people.

I'm morally opposed to what the Empire is and stands for if it was in real life, I would never stand for or do what I do as a dark side in game, but this isn't real life, so I dark side the heck out of it.

Edited by Tuskin

Ok...

So why do you want an assassin droid in the first place then? Isn't THAT unredeeming too?

It even sounds insane.

You should play the dark side stories before making such blanket statements, because that's not true. For instance, you can play an Inquisitor who fuels her hate by hating oppression and xenophobia, and works from within the system to change it. Yes, that's an available SWTOR story path.

Morality isn't black and white in real life, and it isn't in SWTOR either.

Edited by Caelrie

Well.. agent gets a DS 1st companion, while the BH gets a LS one. And the Agent one gets -30 each time you don`t kill somebody :) .If you want LS, it`s going to cost you, just as DS costs the Bounty Hunter.

Of course, everything is possible, but it will cost you, eventually, to raise affection...

My Agent is nearly pure LS, at the end of Chapter 1, and has Kaliyo in the area of 4000 approval without gifts. Even with regular -1 hits from being Devoted To The Empire and Respectful To Superiors. IDK, maybe she gets more picky later on, but thus far she's been pretty easy to keep happy.

As for the HK thing, I actually think they've done this properly, provided they add new character slots with the content update. Doesn't matter how many they'd given us already, people would have filled them all, and been irritated at the idea of deleting one to make room for a cross-faction roll. Add a new slot at the same time you tell people they'll need a cross-faction alt, though, and everyone is guaranteed to be able to meet the requirement without cost.

If they're not planning on adding slots at the same time as HK, though, it's really stupid, I agree.

they could end up doing it like dcuo if u free u have 2 buy slots from the cash shop like someone here said they might do :p but if u are a member as in pay the 15 a month u get something like 16 total is a chance they would o that here also