HK-51: Minimum of 1 Empire and 1 Republic Toon On Same Server to Unlock

Well thats flat out crap. I have a Republic server and a Imperial server, simply because whats the point of cluttering up a server with alts that can't help each other in terms of crafting/items/money?

I'm not sure if someone said this, but you can help your alts with "crafting/items/money" i have my pub crafters create gear and mods for my imp characters and vise-versa in terms of credits as my main 50 is an imp

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All nice and dandy but this is speculation and not pertaining to what I asked : being offered means of communication with my "main" faction, after being asked to roll cross-faction.

I suggested using teamspeak or ventrilo but it was somehow removed for being "off topic". It is a way you can communicate with your fellow guildmates while playing the opposing faction.

I can't believe what I'm reading.

Bioware, time and time again, just doesn't seem to understand how people play MMORPGs.

People, like myself, are monogamous players - we're tied to one character or one faction. I play Alliance in WoW, Qeynos side in EQ2, Elyos in Aion, and Sith in SWTOR. I *do not* deviate from these except when I create a toon just to see how things are on the other side. I did that with EQ2 and deleted that toon. I did that in WoW and faction transferred that toon.

If this statement about requiring one max-level toon on both sides is true, then Bioware is truly out of touch. Please, don't tell me that the "max level" bit is a rumor. HK-51 is not going to be easy to get. You can guarantee that it'll be hard to do so level 50 will be the way to go.

What bothers me is that people like myself don't care about the work it's what work we have to do. Yes, HK-51 is an option, but please, PLEASE tell me what red-blooded Old Republic fan isn't going to want this companion. Everyone is. You know it, I know it. Don't parrot the "oh he's just an optional companion, stop whining" statement because everyone knows everyone wants it.

In every MMO I've played there's always been a system to unlock something. My large house in EQ2, my Violet Protodrake in WoW, etc. I've done that work and I would gladly do that level of work again for HK-51, but I am *NOT* rolling a toon to 50 on the opposite faction to do so.

Even if Bioware changes their mind on this, the fact that they went public with it means that other things will unlock this way. I'm sorry, I had a bad enough experience leveling to 50, I'm not doing it again, and NOT on the opposite faction.

I can't believe what I'm reading.

Bioware, time and time again, just doesn't seem to understand how people play MMORPGs.

People, like myself, are monogamous players - we're tied to one character or one faction. I play Alliance in WoW, Qeynos side in EQ2, Elyos in Aion, and Sith in SWTOR. I *do not* deviate from these except when I create a toon just to see how things are on the other side. I did that with EQ2 and deleted that toon. I did that in WoW and faction transferred that toon.

If this statement about requiring one max-level toon on both sides is true, then Bioware is truly out of touch. Please, don't tell me that the "max level" bit is a rumor. HK-51 is not going to be easy to get. You can guarantee that it'll be hard to do so level 50 will be the way to go.

What bothers me is that people like myself don't care about the work it's what work we have to do. Yes, HK-51 is an option, but please, PLEASE tell me what red-blooded Old Republic fan isn't going to want this companion. Everyone is. You know it, I know it. Don't parrot the "oh he's just an optional companion, stop whining" statement because everyone knows everyone wants it.

In every MMO I've played there's always been a system to unlock something. My large house in EQ2, my Violet Protodrake in WoW, etc. I've done that work and I would gladly do that level of work again for HK-51, but I am *NOT* rolling a toon to 50 on the opposite faction to do so.

Even if Bioware changes their mind on this, the fact that they went public with it means that other things will unlock this way. I'm sorry, I had a bad enough experience leveling to 50, I'm not doing it again, and NOT on the opposite faction.

Where does it say your other character needs to be level 50?

Where does it say your other character needs to be level 50?

Several people have said that in this thread. Are you saying that for a sought-after, hard-to-get companion, you WON'T have to get to 50? I'd be shocked if you didn't have to be.

Several people have said that in this thread. Are you saying that for a sought-after, hard-to-get companion, you WON'T have to get to 50? I'd be shocked if you didn't have to be.

Its quite possible that you dont, think on it a while, the quests themselves could be started by doing the flashpoints tied to HK series. And arnt there 2 of those which is one for each side.

Its quite possible that you dont, think on it a while, the quests themselves could be started by doing the flashpoints tied to HK series. And arnt there 2 of those which is one for each side.

Yes, and there's an HK in The False Emperor. Level 50. Granted it's HK-47, but still.

Well its all complete and utter speculation based on the tiny hint a BW dev gave. People read into every word devs use faaaar too much.

Yes I personally also suspect you may need a 50 on both sides or you may need to for example do something on both Dromund Kaas and Coruscant.

But frankly as I said its just pure guessing. Well find out later sure enough.

Secondly he already said companion is gonna be hard to get, they want it to be an achievement not something every tom Dick and harry has.

It's optional, don't wanna do the steps required to get him, then don't. Nobodys forcing you.

If I were Bioware, I'd put a quest item behind a crate in of each faction's game-starting areas. Yes, Lvl 1 starting areas; Tython and Dromund Kaas.

How many 50's ever go back there. :cool:

1. Kaas is the main world of the Sith (as in 11-16 like coruscant) also many level 50s have to back travel here.

2. Tython, if you are jedi knight and consular you make frequent visits here....soo yeah.

I personally love the fact that they are doing this. Make the quest long and drawn out so only people who REALLY want the droid would have any desire to finish the quest. Having a quest that requires patience and work to get a worthwhile award is a good thing to have in an MMO. An example of something that I hope this would be like were the epic quests in Everquest 1. Those took a hell of a long time to get, but the reward was worth it and it gave a sense of accomplishment.

I hope they do more things like this in the future.

I personally love the fact that they are doing this. Make the quest long and drawn out so only people who REALLY want the droid would have any desire to finish the quest. Having a quest that requires patience and work to get a worthwhile award is a good thing to have in an MMO. An example of something that I hope this would be like were the epic quests in Everquest 1. Those took a hell of a long time to get, but the reward was worth it and it gave a sense of accomplishment.

I hope they do more things like this in the future.

Ok, and then what happens when people just don't want to? If most people don't bother getting HK-51, Bioware has a serious problem because EVERYONE should want it.

You mention epic quests in EQ1. I did my Druid's epic quest. One character. ONE.

Ok, and then what happens when people just don't want to? If most people don't bother getting HK-51, Bioware has a serious problem because EVERYONE should want it.

You mention epic quests in EQ1. I did my Druid's epic quest. One character. ONE.

Then those people just don't want to, they don't need to get HK-51 if they don't wanna. Plus its not like players, can't just take their time and get him.

wasn't all this stuff datamined like 6 months ago? pretty sure you can see HK 51s frozen tomb on Hoth. Hell I think they had a quest in at one point then they removed it...ya got it after completing all the bonus quests on every world. Oh well I guess we will wait and see.

EQ II Assassin's mission was awesome. Sneak through a bunch of 50s as a level 20, and assassinate the Orc leader. :D

Please, you and your guild turning your noses up at viable, common and widely used software does not mean Guildmasters can't keep track of its players. Besides, you only play one faction, so that suggests you're roleplayers (can't think of any other valid reason for being so against rolling an alt), yet you're asking for Bioware to essentially forget about factions?

Plus, it might help to learn to play on your own. Being so against solo play is.... Odd.

I don`t roleplay and I am not against alts. I have several on my main`s side = Empire.

I am only against cross-faction alts. And if you`d bother to read my first posts in here, I was never against a hard or a long quest, or the presence of alts. My ONLY issue with HK-51 is the need for cross-faction.

And if I would want to play solo I`d not play a MMO.

I don`t roleplay and I am not against alts. I have several on my main`s side = Empire.

I am only against cross-faction alts. And if you`d bother to read my first posts in here, I was never against a hard or a long quest, or the presence of alts. My ONLY issue with HK-51 is the need for cross-faction.

And if I would want to play solo I`d not play a MMO.

Well if it is indeed on Hoth or the last part of the quest is i really dont see the problem because Hoth is not hard to get to with a re roll,not to mention there will be plenty of other people doing the same thing i imagine which would make lvling even easier.

As someone who bought the game specifically FOR the stories I am nonplussed. Already have 1 50 of each faction and while i sort-of sympathize with some of the posts on here I cannot understand why they limit themselves to one side, Would you rather play the game through 8 times with 8 different stories or 8 times with 4 different stories.

When it comes down to the grinding repetition i would rather it be 8 :)

As someone who bought the game specifically FOR the stories I am nonplussed. Already have 1 50 of each faction and while i sort-of sympathize with some of the posts on here I cannot understand why they limit themselves to one side, Would you rather play the game through 8 times with 8 different stories or 8 times with 4 different stories.

I guess it`s a matter of perception. I don`t like smuggler, because I never liked Han-Solo, which archetype is used for it. I can`t stand the Knight, because it doesn`t "speak to me". I own a lvl 33 sage, but the story so far is "meh" - I am fresh finished Chapter I with her. The trooper would be the only one I`d be really interested in and that is purely aesthetic reasons, since I already own a Bounty Hunter as its mirror.

To me, the story is not enough to sit and grind the same content more than once. And the rep side lacks the "X-Factor" for me.

Pretty much what the guy said below you. HK-51 is probably not going to be required for any sort of character progression... I assume it is a vanity companion. You don't have to get him if you don't want to and you can still function as a player. If you don't think the quest is worth it, don't do it (regarding the EQ epics, I never actually did my 1.0 epic, but I still loved the concept of the quests).

Not everyone is here for the stories... Im here for the gameplay. No way in hell i am leveling 8 toons. 2 is more then enough for me and ive already leveled those on imp side.

Not everyone is here for the stories... Im here for the gameplay. No way in hell i am leveling 8 toons. 2 is more then enough for me and ive already leveled those on imp side.

Then HK-51 simply isn't for you. Not having him will not affect your gameplay since he will probably be a dps companion... and you have plenty of those.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.