HK-51: Minimum of 1 Empire and 1 Republic Toon On Same Server to Unlock

Wow what a bunch of idiots must work at ea/bioware. One republic and one imp toon to unlock HK, forcing you to grind alts. Wow not cool.

actually, it's very cool considering HK-51 is only our companion because they obviously won't give us HK-47. and if you want to say HK-47 doesn't have obvious links to both factions.... LOL³

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, it's very cool considering HK-51 is only our companion because they obviously won't give us HK-47. and if you want to say HK-47 doesn't have obvious links to both factions.... LOL³

Why is making us roll both factions on the same server (keeping in mind that we can only have 8 toons per server) as a prerequisite to achieve this companion, cool?

I don't see it. What if I have chosen to have 8 Imperial Characters on my main server (1 of each AC)? I'm suddenly not "cool" enough to get this companion?

IMHO, the dev's stupidity on this decision is only out-shone by our moderators inability to comprehend English.

*EDIT* I'm still allowed to voice my own opinion, aren't I?

Edited by Ignicity

Why is making us roll both factions on the same server (keeping in mind that we can only have 8 toons per server) as a prerequisite to achieve this companion, cool?

I don't see it. What if I have chosen to have 8 Imperial Characters on my main server (1 of each AC)? I'm suddenly not "cool" enough to get this companion?

IMHO, the dev's stupidity on this decision is only out-shone by our moderators inability to comprehend English.

*EDIT* I'm still allowed to voice my own opinion, aren't I?

why the hell do you think you won't be getting any extra char slots before this :confused:

have they secretly announced anything related to the paranoia in this topic?

Pretty sure they announced that you need to play both factions to get this companion.

*EDIT* Just in case you neglected to read the OP .... link

Edited by Ignicity

imagine the uproar of pve-only people if there was some companion only joining you if you had a certain valor rank?

As someone who actively avoids flagging even on worlds that the other faction literally can't get to, I'd be totally fine with that. It wouldn't make any sense, as you can't use companions in warzones, but I'd still be okay with it. And heck, if the companion were cool enough, I'd suck it up and PvP to get it, just like I sucked it up and PvPed to get the holiday achievements on WoW on multiple characters.

No Increase to the level cap PLEASE!!! this has been done on many other mmos and it totally negates the earlier content which was made for level 50 if your doing it as a 70 or 80 your not getting gear and its insanely easy, dont ruin this game that way... increase the gear, give different set bonuses, just new encounters would even be cool but dont Negate all the good content that has been put in by increasing the level cap.....

Another Idea is some sort of Alternate Advancement Tree.... maybe even just earning points to put into another tree...

but no level Increase that is a stupid thing and you will end up with wasted memory for content noone plays anymore.

do ppl not wanna work for anything they just want bio to hand them the hk 51 on a silver platter lol if you want him you have to earn it. now we get to see 500 million threads booo hooo hooo

I just simply have a great guild that i enjoy playing with on the Republic side and dont wish to play the imp side because i cant interact with the guild except thru vent, if i cant group with my guildies then its not worth it... and i dont care if it is HK droid or even HK 47 himself im not going to play a character i cant have fun playing simply to get some stupid vanity thing.... i dont mind needing multiple 50s to get this companion but let me play what i want to and still get it. i would like another comp... but i already have a Job and dont want to come home and start "work" to get it i would rather get it while having fun with my friends the same way i have gotten every other achievement of mine in the game atm.

As someone who actively avoids flagging even on worlds that the other faction literally can't get to, I'd be totally fine with that. It wouldn't make any sense, as you can't use companions in warzones, but I'd still be okay with it. And heck, if the companion were cool enough, I'd suck it up and PvP to get it, just like I sucked it up and PvPed to get the holiday achievements on WoW on multiple characters.

yeah I have the same spirit really. if I really want something I do stuff I don't like. makes it feel even more 'worth it' to me.

Guys, correct me, if I am wrong. Why do TS decide that you need characters on both sides? It was said following: " I will say right now that if you do not have people on both sides of the war, you probably need to go roll somebody on the other side." Does 'people' mean 'characters'? Or may be it is friends on the other side?

Guys, correct me, if I am wrong. Why do TS decide that you need characters on both sides? It was said following: " I will say right now that if you do not have people on both sides of the war, you probably need to go roll somebody on the other side." Does 'people' mean 'characters'? Or may be it is friends on the other side?

I questioned that wording as well. After reading the phrase; "you probably need to go roll somebody on the other side", I think it's clear he is referring to characters, not players.

It'd actually probably be closer to 15 to 25 mil, but yeah. This isn't a vanity pet. It's a companion.

Id stil rather pay that than having to roll an alt all the way to 50 (if i had no interest in rolling an alt)

I questioned that wording as well. After reading the phrase; "you probably need to go roll somebody on the other side", I think it's clear he is referring to characters, not players.

And because at the guild summit it was outright said that some things coming down the line you would need chars on both factions to be able to complete

We frown on "organised" gameplay of opposite side, because we don`t cross-guild. And if enough "organise", we don`t have players within the actual Guild playing their "mains". ESPECIALLY with lack of ingame comms to keep track of them.

And I never said it is a hard burden. It IS unacceptable, however, to ask me to play without comms. And by comms, I mean INGAME tools provided by Bioware.

Wow. So your guild chooses to limit itself, even within the parameters of the game, by not forming a sister guild of opposite faction, because some people ARE going to play toons in that faction no matter WHAT your guild policy is, and well, it's dead easy to log in on a level 1 alt if you want to "keep track of them."

Of course, we use our Mumble server to actually keep track of people. But when someone isn't logged into Mumble, it's rather easy to pop over to the other faction quickly to see if they're there, and ask them to come play their main. Mountain, molehill........and a huge sense of entitlement. I'd love to see what people on these forums would do when faced with something like the EQ1 need to form a 72 person raid to get your epic weapon quest done. I did not have my epic weapon until long after it didn't take 72 people to form a raid because I was NOT IN A RAID GUILD. And I didn't sit there and whine about how SOE limited the content of casual players and made it impossible for me to get this awesome (and actually game-effecting) weapon, unlike this fluff companion, because it was understood that some things were going to be hard, if not impossible, to achieve by everyone.

It's FLUFF. If you don't want it, don't put in the effort. If you do, well, they're rewarding people who choose to play differently than you, just as they reward PVP players, or raiders. Either adopt the playstyle to the extent required to gain the reward or stop saying you can't achieve it, because it's only you yourself preventing you. If it's too much effort for people to make an opposing faction alt guild and log in to the main guild and say "hi, I'm playing so and so tonight if you need me, pop over and yell," then it's only your own guild you have to blame.

I get it that this is a cool way to get people who just play Imps/Republic to play a character on the other faction and experience the story etc.

The problem comes when you release something like this 8-10 months into the game and provide relatively few character slots (with no dual speccing) so that some people have already filled up pretty much all of their character slots OR like I'm doing, putting my Imps and Republic characters on different servers...

However, let's see how this turns out - we don't know enough yet. If it means that you can use the Hutt trade network to trade items across factions (i.e. that you can only get on a particular faction) - which I suspect that he does mean - then this could work out OK (well, if you think end-game money sink mechanics are ok!)

OH NO! You mean, in order to unlock him I may have to actually work for it?

Ugh.

I hate it when things aren't handed to me :rolleyes:

I don't have an issue with having to work for something.

I have an issue with being made to delete characters in order to be able to work towards something.

Edited by Ignicity

I'm sorry if this question was already asked in this thread... too lazy to read each post on all of the pages:

I have one level 50 and a couple level 30+'s on the Republic side but no characters whatsoever on the Imperial side. Would I need to level my Imp to level 50 before unlocking or do I just need to have an Imp character of any level? Something tells me I need a 50 but I'm hoping it only needs to be level 15 or something.

My guild is Republic and we run a lot of fun end-game content so I've never really had the inkling to start an Imp.

I'm sorry if this question was already asked in this thread... too lazy to read each post on all of the pages:

I have one level 50 and a couple level 30+'s on the Republic side but no characters whatsoever on the Imperial side. Would I need to level my Imp to level 50 before unlocking or do I just need to have an Imp character of any level? Something tells me I need a 50 but I'm hoping it only needs to be level 15 or something.

My guild is Republic and we run a lot of fun end-game content so I've never really had the inkling to start an Imp.

No one knows. We don't even know for sure if you will need a character on the opposing faction.

As do I, I have all 8 of my slots taken on Fatman by republic characters. Sweet, I guess instead of testing 1.3 on the PTS, I'll be leveling an Imp character. Now I have to decide whether I want to delete the 32 guardian or the 26 gunalinger.

why not simply move 1 to a different server?

in fact if you have 8 rep on one server and 8 imp on anouther you could transfer 1 from one side and anouther to the other side.

Well thats flat out crap. I have a Republic server and a Imperial server, simply because whats the point of cluttering up a server with alts that can't help each other in terms of crafting/items/money?

Lol wrong

You can send money, items, anything not bound cross-faction when you unlocked legacy.

It's not WoW

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.